A 95 In Texas

Just finished (for now) my 95 project. My son handed it down to me because he bought a new CBR1000RR. Lucky me. Hasn't been ridden in six years. 19,000 mi.

Here's a list of stuff done:

Carbs: Ultrasonic clean with Factory Pro Jet Kit. New float needles.

Exhaust: D&D can with Micron Hi Pipe.

Tires: Mich. Pilot Powers

Wheels: PC

Brakes: Japanese (Made By Kawasaki) Stainless Wave Rotors. www.sixity.com. Chinese rotors scare me. Galfer Lines. EBC Double H Sintered Pads.

Suspension: Ahh Yes. Front and rear (CBR929) by Jamie Dougherty. Front. .95 springs, revalved with rebound upgrade and adjustable caps. Real nice. Thanks Jamie.

Reasets: Chinese for CBR900RR. Some mods required but easy enough.

Levers; Chinese again.

Windscreen: Zero Gravity

Here's some pics

P1050313_zps2740b12b.jpg

P1050307_zps6c5ba970.jpg

P1050306_zps832a7aac.jpg

P1050304_zpsc54d3d71.jpg

P1050308_zpsbfc58b60.jpg

P1050309_zpsa4b5c767.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond :goofy:

Your son must love you dearly, because red NACA's are the best!!! :goofy:

Love the gold rims on there, just an all around good looking 4th gen!

Brakes: Japanese (Made By Kawasaki) Stainless Wave Rotors. www.sixity.com. Chinese rotors scare me. Galfer Lines. EBC Double H Sintered Pads.

These are the exact rotors I had bookmarked on ebay. I thought they were chinese though. I would be interested in your opinion of them after you have some miles racked up on them.

Looks good. What did you have to do to the rearsets to make them work?

Tutman,

Mounting bolts lined up perfectly. Had to space the shifter side for heelguard clearance with the swingarm. Maybe 10 or 12 mm or so. I cut my stock shift lever drilled for the heim joint connection and pointed up for standard shift pattern. Had to shorten the shift lever pinch bolt.

Brake side. Had to drill a pivot hole in the lever for proper linkage to slave cyl. angle.

The whole assembly as received was all loose. Took everything apart and loctited all fasteners.

I'll get some good detail pics tomorrow. Overall, I think they are worth the buck fifty or so shipped. i got a half inch up and quarter inch back and am satisfied.

love the gold rims. can you tell me what color they are? are they powder coated? I'm swapping my 3rd gen 8 spoke in gold for my 4th gen's rear to see how the gold looks. I might do what you did as far as color is concerned.

• Member Contributer

Yeah! That's some class work you have done there! This must not be your first rodeo. I love the perfecting of the already perfect 4th gen.

Yeah! That's some class work you have done there! This must not be your first rodeo. I love the perfecting of the already perfect 4th gen.

Thanks. No. Not first rodeo. But first VFR! Last project was my 05 SV650.

pazzos2.jpg

IMGP0622.jpg

Archived