New Source For Vfr Plastics

mello dude

• Member Contributer

Was looking around the Airtech site and they are making plastics for a range of VFRs - 1st gen to 5th gen. RC30 & RC45, RCV750 too.

- No experience with them, but its nice to have an alternative.

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/

• Member Contributer

Airtech quality is mediocre at best. Thurn Motosports in Germany is much higher quality bodywork but it is also more expensive and would need to be shipped overseas.

Rollin

• Member Contributer

+1, Had a friend order airtech stuff because the chinese stuff he ordered first didn't fit so well. Long story short, the airtechs went back because it was much more expensive than the chinese plastic and only fit marginally better.

I got an Airtech fiberglass upper for my '86 VFR750. It was the track upper so I had to cut the headlight, making that my primary concern with fitment. When it was cut (scared the $h!t out of me, cutting up a $185 part) and painted it seemed fine to me. Of course, it was the only place I could find replacement pieces for an '86 at the time and that's the only time I've used them. My point? It was the only part I could find at the time and it worked for me. Your results may vary.

old VFR.jpg

• Member Contributer

AIRTEC SUCKS!!!!
SUCK! SUCK SUCK! BY GOLLY THEY SUCK!!
NEVER EVER EVER buy airtec!!! THEY SUCK !!!!
they take forever to arrive!!!
the stuff shipped from hong kong shows up faster!!
they arrive broken 1/2 the time and they will NOT send you a new one..nor do they stand behind their products! :pissed:

the only way i would get airtec is if the ONLY choice in the world to get what i REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT...then reinforce the crap with more seaglass mat on the inside. :mad:

in other words.. unless your willing to give up girls for the rest of your life to get a perfect vfr.. dont buy airtec.

so.. did i make my feelings clear enough??? :huh:
buy a plastic welder from harbor freight and practice! :fing02:

did i mention airtec sucks??? :unsure:

AIRTEC SUCKS!!!!

they arrive broken 1/2 the time and they will NOT send you a new one..nor do they stand behind their products! :pissed:

the only way i would get airtec is if the ONLY choice in the world to get what i REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT...then reinforce the crap with more seaglass mat on the inside. :mad:

in other words.. unless your willing to give up girls for the rest of your life to get a perfect vfr.. dont buy airtec.

Or that. . . LOL!

AIRTEC SUCKS!!!!

Don't hold out on us. Tell us how you really feel. :beer:

• Member Contributer

I am a painter with 23 yrs of experience, I won't touch airtec ! They do have some hard to find racing pieces, and might be worth it to a racing restorer who has no other choice. Build quality is crap, fit and finish is crap. Repair what you have or save up and buy OEM.

Archived