Is It Too Soon?* Cota* April 11-13* #34

bayarearider

So where will the collective be hanging for the Austin MotoGP? (I'm sure to lap the perimeter a few times)

Since they've yanked the Laguna Seca leg (it's return very unlikely)

and missing last year's LS edition with a 3Day tix in hand (don't ask),

we're going to have to wrangle our way over for a look see!

(will have to get to work on my "FREE #34" Tee)

In an unrelated note: I recently posted the entire 1988 Laguna Seca "Grand Prix" to YouTube that I had transferred from VHS to DVD.(Lawson,Rainey,Gardner,Schwantz,MacKensie,)

It got pulled after two days with a copyright infringement from (Duke Ent.?)

I even listed all the Inc.'s I saw on the cover work.

Thought I was doing them a favor airing some old school Vids. forget it...

Cheers!

post-13109-0-61318300-1393537734.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be a way to upload vids on the VFRD server??

Let's get on that Mods..

My Library is not all that. Got the idea after enjoying the 88 French GP on Youtube (look for it). Don't know how some stay and others are pulled.

Most of my stuff is Season Caps and a few Head to Heads. Not your Fav Seb..

• Member Contributer

There should be a way to upload vids on the VFRD server??

Let's get on that Mods..

Just imagine how much space would be taken up with hosting videos, and then the extra bandwidth to feed them. I'm fine with youtube handling all that. If you really want to share, set up your own FTP server. You could do it with a raspberry pi easy if you didn't want to use your normal computer.

• Member Contributer

I will be at the riders for health day on Thursday. Got a grandstand seat for the race and I'll be in a certain rider's garage sometime during practice. Looking forward to it.

• Member Contributer

^ That rider was really reminiscing about the old days when tires were made for bikes not bikes built to a spec tire. I hope he does well at his home race!

• 2 weeks later...

My brother will be there. He was on-site last week doing some preliminary work for his photo-booth company. One of these days I'll make it down there to join him.

(I already gave him shit about his bad form.)

44db9499-f5c1-4c45-b5df-76de6a2587b9.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'm looking into airline tickets to go. Sounds like general admission is the way to go. Can you see the big screens from general admission locations?

Sure looks like you can.

I drove by the track a couple of weeks ago, stopped and checked out the track map and seating areas, nosed around by one of the side gates before a couple of security guys on an ATV ran me off.

The toll road leading to the track from the north has a posted 85mph speed limit....makes it tough for me in a rental car to live by my "20 over" life motto.

• Member Contributer

Schedule permitting, I should be there. I'll likely be in the paddock area mostly.

You and company ?

Most likely. I usually hang out with photographer Brian Nitto of 55 Productions, photographer Max Edge of Edge Productions, and umbrella girl Eva Tegerova. Not sure who is going yet, but we are all usually there amidst the chaos. If you are in the area, you can probably find me at Gresini (MotoGP, sometimes Moto2 and 3), LCR, or Cardion AB.

• Member Contributer

I'm looking into airline tickets to go. Sounds like general admission is the way to go. Can you see the big screens from general admission locations?

You can but you'll have to be strategic.

Was in turn 15 and turn 1 last year, as well as the VIP deal above the garages (has patios outside of the hospitality suites) and I bought main grandstand this year. It's the only area of the track with cover. It was hard to get out of the sun last year unless we were in the hospitality suites. 3 days out in that Texas sun, nope. + the main grandstand you get to see all the pre and post race shenanigans.

Archived