Hi Viz Yellow Roadcrafter One Piece

landlover

• Member Contributer

Hello, Hi Viz Yellow Roadcrafter one piece suit, thinking of buying one. If you have one are you glad you bought it, DOES IT STAND OUT & HAVE YOU NOTICED A DIFFERENCE IN THE WAY DRIVERS INTERACT WITH YOU?

• Member Contributer

I had posted a while back on how I was stopped twice by people in their cars (in a parking lot, two different occasions) saying that the safety vest and Hi-Viz helmet I was wearing was a great thing! They said that the helmet (Schuberth C3 Hi-Viz) really stood out. I definitely wear my Hi-Viz gear when I'm commuting. All I'll say is that don't use it as a "crutch" assume that no one sees you and keep your head on a swivel.

• Member Contributer

I have a hi viz jacket. I have had comments that it stands out, but then again I wear a white helmet and I get the same comments about that (that and they mistake me for a LEO). Two things about hi viz yellow though - expect it to fade and it shows dirt like crazy. I can't say that cars react much differently to me when I wear it, as I'm very defensive. Every little bit helps, just don't expect miracles from it.

• Member Contributer

I have an old-school 2-pc Roadcrafter hi-viz jacket/all black trousers, and recently (couple of years ago) purchased a 1-pc RC Light in high viz with grey ballistics. My original hi-viz is kinda greenish yellow, but the new one really is yellow. I also had a problem with the "waterproof" zipper, which (a) wasn't entirely waterproof and (b) kept jumping teeth and ultimately ripped teeth out after just a month's use. I had the zipper replaced with the original-type zipper (warranty repair).

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

The new "yellow-er" Hi-Viz from Aerostich came out a few years back when they determined that the original, more neon fabric was fading more than they thought was acceptable. They contacted owners and offered a free replacement (which I acepted).

Re: the OP's question, absolutely. I've watched drivers' heads swivel as I rode through intersections. Added bonus: In my experience, LEOs also seem less interested in a rider who's dressed so -- er, garishly.

I've seen drivers stop, look at me, start to look the other way and turn back to me. Never saw it as much before the HiViz jacket. It isn't as hot as black which is another plus in this climate.

• Member Contributer

By no means scientific but I do feel more visible with my LOUD YELLOW Schuberth C-3. While following Dutchy in his LOUD ORANGE C-3, I found I had a hard time not watching him. Following the bouncing orange ball (shape) was easy. It left a LOUD impression on my brain.

Archived