Avg Gloves At M/cgear.com

didit

• Member Contributer

Just received an email from Motorcyclegear.com (aka/ new enough) on these AGV Sport Gauntlet gloves.

As my current ones are worn, and riding season is a mere 3 months away, was looking at picking these up for the $60 advertised

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/gloves/agv_sport/stealth_gloves.html

post-6587-0-98819400-1390609090.jpg

Alas, they have a disclaimer that due to manufacturer's restrictions, no shippy to Canada.

Anyone on have .02¢ worth of opinion as to the decent touring quality (non track use) for these? Especially at the price?

Anyone in the Pacific NW want to help a Canadian brother out and act as a proxy? Happy to pay for all shipping :-)

I'll take a set in black & blue - XL

• Member Contributer

I live in Montreal and have a shipping address just across the border in Champlain NY for such occasions so something similar probably exists out West. My place charges 100$/year or 5$/package. You can then ride down, get the package and ride back right away or make it a day trip, declaring or not your purchases :biggrin:

I save a substantial amount on shipping, costs and import fees this way.

edit-----

here you go: http://shiptotheborder.com/finding-your-us-shipping-address

• Member Contributer

Didit,

I met you at the last Sum Sum (thanks for putting that together). I would be more than happy to order the gloves for you. I have no experience with AGV gloves. I have an older set of AGV leathers that have held up well. I have a 10% off coupon for New Enough (I still refer to them by their old name), that's good until Feb. 2nd, that I'm not going to use by then. It's good on the gloves and does not include shipping. I just checked and here is the price (in USD)

Shipping Destination:
CO / 80109
←Edit

Shipping Method:
Subtotal: $59.00 Discount Code (10% Off): $-5.90 Shipping (Standard Ground): $10.71 Sales Tax (Outside of Texas - 0.00%): $0.00 Order Total: $63.81

I don't know the cost to ship to CA. I bought a pair of boots off Ebay from CA, but I don't remember the cost to ship to the states. I think I can send it by USPS or UPS (I have an account with both). I could list it as used (remove the tags, etc.) or just a personal 'gift'. I have no idea what the tariffs or import duties are, or how to skirt them. I also have a short sleeve T-shirt I won @ the Sum Sum that is too large for me (Alpine Stars XL, in black with white lettering), that I would throw in, if you could use it.

I have a PayPal account.

If you interested, pm me.

Larry

• Member Contributer

I've heard mixed reviews on AGV Sport but mostly regarding their suits, not much on their gloves though. I will say that I really love my Teknic Lighting gloves ($99), and these AGV look to be very similarly featured and for $40 less, I would be willing to try them. Since Teknic isn't around anymore, AGV could be a great alternative to what Teknic was offering.

• Member Contributer

Appreciate the replies and comments.

HumalogAddict, I've got a receiving address South of me here too, but no plans on going that way anytime soon, as it's a 4 hour round trip.

Thanks Wera803 and clwesel for the offers.

clwesel in Colorado looks to be a wee bit closer but I'll do a shipping estimate first before graciously taking you up on your offer.

If it's not a killer, I'll PM you for a go and arrange with USPS and paypal. UPS here rapes us for duties and taxes no matter what it is.

• Member Contributer

I have an US addy not far from me and if you want have them shipped there ,I can pick them up bring them home and ship from here courier is about $10 from me to you . Let me know what you would like to do addy is fisher baker shipping marine city mi ,great people to deal with .

• Member Contributer

HI Didit,

I have a pair of the agvsport, similar to those, must have been a year or two back, bought when they were on sale I started wearing them last year and I like them they have decent protection, double layer in the palm, outside finger,and are not too hot in the summer the vents on the fingers are nice.., I think you will like them. Let me know if I can be of assistance, since I am kind of down the road from you.

Gary

• Member Contributer

Just received an email from Motorcyclegear.com (aka/ new enough) on these AGV Sport Gauntlet gloves.

As my current ones are worn, and riding season is a mere 3 months away, was looking at picking these up for the $60 advertised

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/gloves/agv_sport/stealth_gloves.html

attachicon.gifAVG Gloves.JPG

Alas, they have a disclaimer that due to manufacturer's restrictions, no shippy to Canada.

Anyone on have .02¢ worth of opinion as to the decent touring quality (non track use) for these? Especially at the price?

Anyone in the Pacific NW want to help a Canadian brother out and act as a proxy? Happy to pay for all shipping :-)

I'll take a set in black & blue - XL

I have had poor luck with these, or similar, AGV gloves. Without going and digging out my gloves I can't say that they are the same model but they look the same. In my case they are a one season glove. After one season the stitching started coming a part and I had to repaired them myself a couple of times to get through the season. The price is right if you are on a budget but don't expect too much from them.

I haven't crash tested them, but I would beware of the seams blowing in anything more than a gentle slide.

• Member Contributer

SP-2's for $94.00 hard to beat .

Alpinestars SP-2 Gloves - 2012
  • Palm and finger constructed from goat skin leather for superior durability
  • Knuckle area and finger forchettes (the material between the fingers) made from bovine leather for enhanced comfort and feel
  • Patented 3rd/4th finger bridge prevents finger roll and separation during impacts
  • Perforated cuff, leather top panel and ventilated finger sidewalls keep the hands cool
  • Pre-curved finger construction to reduce riding fatigue

tweet_button.gif Share this page on Twitter!

free_ship_banner_US.jpg
MSRP:
$119.95
, Our Price:
$94.00
Select Item Here - Business Days to Ship - Price Black, Size Small Extended Backorder $94.00Black, Size Medium 3-5 Days $94.00Black, Size Large 3-5 Days $94.00Black, Size XL 3-5 Days $94.00Black, Size XXL Currently Unavailable $94.00Black, Size XXXL Sold Out $94.00White/Black/Blue, Size Small 3-5 Days $94.00White/Black/Blue, Size Medium 3-5 Days $94.00White/Black/Blue, Size Large 3-5 Days $94.00White/Black/Blue, Size XL 3-5 Days $94.00White/Black/Blue, Size XXL Same Day! $94.00White/Black/Blue, Size XXXL Extended Backorder $94.00Black/White, Size Small 3-5 Days $94.00Black/White, Size Medium 3-5 Days $94.00Black/White, Size Large 3-5 Days $94.00Black/White, Size XL 3-5 Days $94.00Black/White, Size XXL 3-5 Days $94.00Black/White, Size XXXL 3-5 Days $94.00Black/White/Yellow, Size Small Sold Out $94.00Black/White/Yellow, Size Medium Extended Backorder $94.00Black/White/Yellow, Size Large Extended Backorder $94.00Black/White/Yellow, Size XL Extended Backorder $94.00Black/White/Yellow, Size XXL 3-5 Days $94.00Black/White/Yellow, Size XXXL Sold Out $94.00

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the user reports. I'm not expecting the world from them, mostly if I get a few 3 seasons I'd be happy.

I do like the AlpineStars, but was hoping to wait one more full season as I'm looking into a full refit of riding gear, from boots on up.

Waiting on a PM response for order. Cheers again for the help.

• Member Contributer

Nice job on the Alpinestars glove tease. For quality sake I went with those instead.

Ordered through proxy and will update with a review when they arrive.

• Member Contributer

• Knuckle area and finger forchettes (the material between the fingers) made from bovine leather for enhanced comfort and feel
  • Patented 3rd/4th finger bridge prevents finger roll and separation during impacts
  • Perforated cuff, leather top panel and ventilated finger sidewalls keep the hands cool

free_ship_banner_US.jpg
MSRP:
$119.95
, Our Price:
$94.00

You just can't beat the price !!! But inspect them carefully.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Received the gloves a little over a week ago. The size (per chart & measure) fit a little snug, so I've been wearing them every night to stretch them out.

Quality, fit and feel seems quite good. Quite an increase in palm and thumb heal support and padding from my previous, wondering if this will help with ride comfort.

They feel very comfortable when on and fit snug, but in a good way.

All in all, for $100 US I feel they are a good deal and value for the quality. Looking forward to a long break in period during the 5000+ miles this spring on the Epic Bucket List Ride.

A big thanks to clwesel for the purchase help!

• Member Contributer

free_ship_banner_US.jpg
MSRP:
$119.95
, Our Price:
$94.00

You just can't beat the price !!! But inspect them carefully.

Check them good .

• Member Contributer

Is there something you're trying (not) to tell me?

I looked and didn't find any black widow spiders in the fingers. :unsure:

• Member Contributer

I have on two occasion found something wrong with there merchandise. BUT as with most vendors check close. They do buy out left over stock which a lot times have been returned .

• Member Contributer

From time to time you may find from most any vendor, a suspect product. I have received stuff form the Motorcycle Super Store that appeared to be a returned item. Sometimes it's just something that slipped through the cracks or sometimes they will tell you that the item may be one that was returned. Regardless of who you buy from, always inspect not only the merchandise but the box before you open it. If the box is at all suspect of being damaged in shipping, report it immediately to both the shipper and the sender. Take photos of the box BEFORE you open it and double check that your item wasn't damaged in shipping. I used to work in shipping and receiving and have a lot of experience with damaged goods, even when the box it shipped in was in good shape. Clothing however is not a likely candidate to be damaged in shipping. For the record, just because an item is a closeout does not mean it is a returned or opened item. It usually means that the manufacturer is no longer making the item or the vendor has stopped carrying the item. (I used to work retail too). So far my experiences with Motorcycle Gear have been positive, YMMV.

I have a pair of the A Star SP2 gloves for a year or 2 now. They have help up well with the exception of one thumb tip needed to be stitched up when the seam split 2 or 3 loops of thread. Fixed by the wife and holding, if starting to look a bit frayed. :wink:

Archived