Paint Completed Ready To Ride! Finally Getting Back To Work On My Repaint Project

V-FORE

• Member Contributer

The finished product Just cleaned/lubed chain and off for a ride

IMG 0020

I have finished the Honey Do list for now and I can get to work, changing from the fastest color to going white!

2013 06 01 12.17.36

Since she's up here, I have already installed the VFRness, 14.9 volts at all times....(must be because no lights), my new forks wil be ready to go on, new tires, 90 deg valve stem in the front (already did the rear), clean her up, change fluids, clean the carbs (luckily I have an extra set)

2013 06 07 20.00.40

Then I can start repairing, sanding, filling, ..... pretend I am a bodyman then comes the white

Gary

I am hoping it will be that easy!!

• Member Contributer

Today, I primed the fairings, still need to do the tank, now some wet sanding and as some as time becomes available the White goes on!

2013 06 16 14.17.25

Here she is waiting for her new shoes...

2013 06 15 09.42.11

• Member Contributer

That is what I thought when I saw Soundguy's white 4th Gen, so I had a buddy photoshop mine white and of course he also did it in pink :goofy:

Gary

Now I have to figure out what stickers to use, I have '93 stickers: VfR for the mids & the vfr 750F stickers for the tail fairings, I also have either red or black wings for the tank, so I was thinking red wings on the white tank to go the the red R on the vfr stickers

• Member Contributer

Well I can now call myself a painter :unsure:

2013 06 22 15.39.56

wet sanding/polishing sunday than I can start to put her together :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

She is almost done...have to wait a week to put her emblems on. For my 1st paint job I must say it's a good 5 footer :goofy:

2013 06 25 20.22.45

• Member Contributer

Nice!

But get rid of that half condom on the tank please.... :goofy:

Archived