De-Cat Pcv Autotune.

hvfrdave

• Member Contributer

i Guys & Gals, well i fitted the PCV a while back now, and i am very pleased with the fueling at low revs, where there was always a issue, i now can ride the VFR in 4th and 5th gear at 30 mph, which is something i could not do beforehand. The ECU re-map did make a difference, but you could still feel the whiplash in the drive train at low speeds, the PCV has now iradicated that, the VFR feels like a totally different motorcycle. :smile:

003-28.jpg

001-42.jpg

I also fitted a K&N Air Filter.

001-41.jpg

So the next stage is the Dynojet Autotune, you need the AT200 model for this, you are supplied with a O2 sensor with this, which is a lot bigger than the original Honda O2 sensors. So you need to weld a boss into the rear end of the cattilist, it needs to be atleast 4" towards the rear of the cattilist, so the sensor can read the exhaust gases, from both the front & rear cylinders. Now be very carefull where you position the O2 sensor, because you don't want it to foul against the sump or drive train. Well seeing as I had to remove the exhaust manifolds to do this, I decided to de-cat the VFR1200, a few photos to take you through it.

001-49.jpg

020_zps9b787de0.jpg

023_zpsdb9ef0c7.jpg

0202_zps1b2e9d11.jpg

0212_zps2fe90d18.jpg

Anyway i have just refitted the Exhaust manifolds, and everthing fits perfect.

0322_zps51f981d0.jpg

0312_zps0fc5b44a.jpg

0332_zpsfcbfe8d9.jpg

So over the weekend i will wire in the Autotune, and finnish the assembly of the VFR1200F. I hope this has been some help to you, if you are thinking about Autotune or de-catting your VFR1200. I will be road testing the VFR over the next week, i will road test the de-cat and PCV first, and tell you my thoughts, then connect the Autotune to the PCV and roadtest the VFR again and let you all know my findings. :smile:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Well i fired her up today, on the PCV Map & de-cat, and what i noticed straight away is how responsive she is when you blip the throttle, :biggrin: can't wait to road test it now. :smile:

Really nice job on the pipes. I wish i could weld! I also wish some one would make a cat delete kit for the 1200.

By the way Dave, was the cat box stuff you removed pretty heavy?

• Member Contributer

Really nice job on the pipes. I wish i could weld! I also wish some one would make a cat delete kit for the 1200.

By the way Dave, was the cat box stuff you removed pretty heavy?

Yes its pretty heavy, i think it would be approx 1.5kls, along with the original exhaust can, you are probably saving around 7-8 kls, i have fitted a LeoVince Factory R evo2 end can.

001-44.jpg

• Member Contributer

Thanks Dave. Your bike looks great by the way!

Finally got rid of my stock can. This one's only 3.5 lbs. Cat delete will be next I think.

Nice can by the way, :smile: i hope you are hands on, because there is a few hours work involved in either de-cating or fitting the Autotune, i dread to think what the labour charge would of been for the above work from a main dealer.

Hi Dave!

Your bike looks great! I like the red tail cowls and tail light housing. I noticed the turn signal covers are silver to match the silver trim up front. Is any of that OEM or did you paint those items that way? I don't mean to thread-jack.......I'm just lusting after your bikes colors. Thanks.

Oh, very trick job on the cat. I'll send you mine.

Thanks

Mark

• Member Contributer

Hi Dave!

Your bike looks great! I like the red tail cowls and tail light housing. I noticed the turn signal covers are silver to match the silver trim up front. Is any of that OEM or did you paint those items that way? I don't mean to thread-jack.......I'm just lusting after your bikes colors. Thanks.

Oh, very trick job on the cat. I'll send you mine.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark, no the panels are not OEM, i had them painted, shortly after i bought the VFR new in November 2011, in my opiniun the bike never looked finished, the paintwork that is.

• Member Contributer

Thanks Dave. That is likely the road I'll take. Your bike looks great! Ride safe.

On the 2013 model, the underseat side panels are now as the main colour, but i would still re-spray the panels, so that you know the tail section colour matches perfectly. :smile:

002-28.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hi Guys, well yesterday i managed to wire in the Autotune, its just ready to road test now, :smile: hopefully i will have some time later in the week to do this. :smile:

025_zpsded8a853.jpg

0282_zpsfa36f1d7.jpg

0293_zps9e0b706e.jpg

• Member Contributer

Nice installation.

I like the woven fabric wire loom. Did that come with the kit? or something you added? Does anyone know where to source that stuff? I have some wiring to do and I'd rather use that - than the plastic split sleeve loom readily available at auto parts houses.

Ernie

• Member Contributer

Nice installation.

I like the woven fabric wire loom. Did that come with the kit? or something you added? Does anyone know where to source that stuff? I have some wiring to do and I'd rather use that - than the plastic split sleeve loom readily available at auto parts houses.

Ernie

The woven fabric is what Dynojet are useing, so sorry i can't help.

• Member Contributer

so you made the pipe yourself? thats amazing. I'd pay good money for one of those! Eh? EH?

I removed the exhaust myself, and i used a local guy, because he supplied the Stainless tube pipe, i explained to him what i wanted, and he made up the 2 int 1 pipework, i then measured up where the O2 sensor boss needed to be, because you need to be very carefull that you do not fowl the sump or drive train, with the o2 sensor, the 2 into 1 was all TIG welded, then i re-fitted the exhaust myself, and it fits perfect, so a bit of a joint venture really. :smile:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Dave,how did the dyno session ever turn out?? I am thinking of doing the same exhaust with decat and PV5 and autotune.....Can't wait to see your numbers!!!

Thanks!!

• Member Contributer

Dave,how did the dyno session ever turn out?? I am thinking of doing the same exhaust with decat and PV5 and autotune.....Can't wait to see your numbers!!!

Thanks!!

Hi bud, i have had the VFR on the dyno, without connecting up the Autotune, just to check the A/F readings, and below 4,000 revs the A/F readings were on the lean side, 14.2 to 14.6 from 4,000revs to 10,000 revs 13.4 to 13.8. connected the Autotune and in the 3 runs you could see the A/F readings were getting adjusted straight away, for the better i may add. The bhp readings were a bit of a surprise, map 1 was154bhp, on map 2 with the Autotune, 157bhp, these figures were at the back wheel. :smile: I have since done around 150 miles, and the VFR pulls from very low revs, and very smooth, no chatter through the drive train, and when you hit 4,000 revs to 10,000 revs it is far quicker than before the above mods. I am looking at getting the VFR on another dyno, to get 1 map tailer made, then on map 2 for the Autotune, i have a map switch, so i can switch from one map to the other. When i get it back on the dyno, i will get a print out showing the BHP, Torque, and A/F readings, and i will post them up. This mod has really made a big difference, in its smoothness and how bl**dy quick it is. :smile:

Archived