• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you get cold Trung ?

Thanks for asking, Switchblade.

That night might be around 45-50 deg. I felt really cold when having bath after dinner. It was not too cold inside the cabin, but I had to wear some T-shirts and the legging pants to sleep. Not a good sleep though.

Talking with RollingAgain that night. He also asked the same question. :D

Day 6 with VFR.

After a cold night in the cabin of Blue Ridge Campground, wake up with sleepy eyes...

DSC04504.jpg

This side of the Campground is cabin area:

DSC04501.jpg

This is the office and recreation room:

DSC04505.jpg

And here is place for those who have their own tents - the house in the middle of the photo is bathrooms and laundry rooms:

DSC04506.jpg

Morning smile for a good day, why not?

DSC04508.jpg

I will leave the campground, cross the Blue Ridge Parkway, thru Highlands and toward the South. Destination of the day would be Clayton (GA)

Day6.jpg

It was wonderful day for ride:

DSC04510.jpg

All the road from the beginning of the day are all good.

Stopped beside this lake:

DSC04512.jpg

DSC04513.jpg

DSC04517.jpg

Really calm water, like a mirror:

DSC04520.jpg

After that, I had to ride on a very dangerous road, the pavement was not good. The loose little sands on the road surface made me really scare. And the road was almost empty, I could not see any one, bike or car, on the road.

DSC04523.jpg

DSC04524.jpg

Then I got to the better road:

DSC04527.jpg

Looks like the road on Blue Ridge Parkway:

DSC04533.jpg

DSC04534.jpg

DSC04544.jpg

(to be continued...)

No creek at the campground ???????

Hahaha... Actually there is a creek, I don't know what its name, but I had to pass the bridge on that creek before getting in the campground.

The bathroom (at the middle of the photo) is at the middle between me (taking photo) and the creek - means the open camping area is nearby the creek:

DSC04506.jpg

Don't know the place, but I took the right turn at this cross, well toward the Lake Toxaway:

DSC04545.jpg

That's where I turned into:

DSC04546.jpg

That was almost noon time. Arrived Cashiers and had lunch there. There was nice talk with an old man in the Subway. He saw me wearing the Texas T-shirt and was thinking that I rode all the way from Texas. He seemed know very clearly about the Blue Ridge Parkway. He said that there were lots of trees has been killed, by some sorts of insect.

Left Cashiers, heading to the Lake Glenville. I saw on the Google Earth and realized that the road around the lake is very twisty, so I decided to make a circle around the lake.

Really nice lake, which I took some photos the other day:

DSC04548.jpg

DSC04550.jpg

And of course, the road surrounding the lake also very amazing!

DSC04551.jpg

Let's see this - how to compare with the Dragon?

DSC04558.jpg

And this:

DSC04566-1.jpg

DSC04567.jpg

For you if you like to check the road out - it's Norton Road - a very motorcycle name LOL:

DSC04568.jpg

(to be continued..)

Hahaha.... So that why I did not post anything some recent days. Hahaha.... So sorrrrrrry guys! Now the site is back to live, I can back to online....

Left the Norton road, saw the Macon County signboard again:

DSC04569.jpg

Then I passed the Highlands. It is very nice town. I rode around Highlands and saw quite a lot bikers there:

DSC04571.jpg

DSC04573.jpg

Toward Franklin:

DSC04572.jpg

This was on the way leaving Highlands:

DSC04576.jpg

DSC04579.jpg

DSC04580.jpg

Oh, it's already Georgia:

DSC04586.jpg

And North Carolina was at the back:

DSC04583.jpg

I realized that I missed the signboard of South Carolina when I was passing it on the way. What a pity.

• Member Contributer

That was very generous of Rollinagain to lend you his bike like that.

I'm glad you had a good time in the US. The members here are the greatest.

:+1:

How many miles did you put on it?

I like the little town of Highlands.

Too bad that I was not be able to spend more time there. I was wishing to have a night there. It's really nice place.

That was very generous of Rollinagain to lend you his bike like that.

I'm glad you had a good time in the US. The members here are the greatest.

You absolutely right. I could not make a such successful trip without great hearts like RollingAgain, Wrestler, other VFRD members and TWT guys in Texas.

:+1:

How many miles did you put on it?

Hahah... a lot, Kevin. Then I use ODO healer to reset the number. Hahah...

this thread confirms I have to get over there one day and ride on the wrong side of the road (to me).

You won't be disappointed with that decision! But I think the timing also the very important factor which contributes into the succeed of the trip. I was being there during the best time of the year.

• Member Contributer

You won't be disappointed with that decision! But I think the timing also the very important factor which contributes into the succeed of the trip. I was being there during the best time of the year.

You definately couldn't have picked a better time to visit here than you did. The fall colors in all of your pics are incredible. You really made the most of your trip.

Chuck

You definately couldn't have picked a better time to visit here than you did. The fall colors in all of your pics are incredible. You really made the most of your trip. Chuck

Thank you Chuck. Hope I can do it again, again and again.... :)

------

I reached to this point:

DSC04596.jpg

There was a very nice curve, and I tried to put the bike on the road shoulder for photograph. More than a group of Harley passed by that time. They all slowed down and asked me if I need help. They may think of I was dropping my bike there. :)

DSC04589.jpg

It's really nice corner:

DSC04593.jpg

DSC04597.jpg

DSC04594.jpg

I realized that I missed the signboard of South Carolina when I was passing it on the way. What a pity.

Doh, just found a little sign of South Carolina where I "physically" passed thru:

DSC04601.jpg

DSC04602.jpg

The new tire really helps. Don't know how to thank to RollinAgain:

DSC04604.jpg

Do you realize this place, guys?

DSC04608.jpg

And this?

DSC04605.jpg

Yes, I 've been there:

DSC04614.jpg

I took the Warwoman road from Pine Mountain to Clayton:

DSC04616.jpg

DSC04617.jpg

Checked in a hotel which I have booked in Clayton. The lady at the front desk was really nice to me, but her accent seemed strange to me. Faster, stronger than what I heard in Texas. She let me parked the bike under the shade, and give me a room which windowing the bike. Nice and big Hotel room with heater and nice bath tub.

Don't remember exactly price, but I think it was $50 or less. Breakfast included.

Took the bike going around Clayton, it's too small place, and have nothing to see... Had a dinner at a restaurant nearby Hotel.

Well, that's it for the day 6:

Day6.jpg

I have one more day left for traveling back to Atlanta.

• Member Contributer

There was a very nice curve, and I tried to put the bike on the road shoulder for photograph. More than a group of Harley passed by that time. They all slowed down and asked me if I need help. They may think of I was dropping my bike there.

Yeah well your a legend around these parts "YOUR THE GUY THAT ALL MOST RODE THE DRAGON "

Hot dam that funny !!!!

• Member Contributer

As we see, you did a lot better than ride that Dragon. The D is impressive but overrated. No switchbacks on the D. Great camera, great pics, great photographer. :smile:

Ok. I stayed up late last night looking at this thread. Thought about the pictures all day at work. Thanks for sharing Trung. Lots of work writing this up. Awesome scenery and nice peoples. Such kind hospitality! What camera are you using?

So I'm coming to Alabama on the 22nd and going to be in Auburn and Lynette Georgia for a couple of weeks. Now I am motivated to visit Barber motorsports Museum at some point during my trip. Unfortunately my VFR would exceed my allocated 50lbs so I won't be riding. Anyone interested in meeting there?

Would also like to ride Vietnam someday...that would be fun too.

Archived