6th Annual Catskills Fall Ride: October 5-7, 2012

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

I'm oficially out :sad:

Really tried to make it, but circumstances have conspired against me this time.

Will miss the ride and the great company

Have fun and be safe y'all.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very sorry to hear Dmitry. I do normally schedule on a non-holiday weekend. :sad:

I will be working all day tomorrow, until mid afternoon anyway. I was planning to meet you guys over at the motel in the early evening and hang out till late, I could be there as early as 4-4:30 and lead a short ride if you guys want to go out. Might be able to make it a little sooner, gotta see how my day goes.

I believe midlife was planning to ride all day tomorrow?

Meeting point for Saturday's ride is the motel.

The closest gas station is 10min or so. The motel is near the intersection of Rt. 23 & Rt. 32, heading 10 min out in any direction fro mthat intersection will get you to a gas station.

Please have a full or near full tank on Saturday morning.

The restaurant has been warned about extra people for the weekend, and they are open at 7:30 to start serving breakfast. I plan to roll out around 9:30 Saturday morning for the ride.

• Member Contributer

Riding up to mums house Friday eve (3 hrs) and heading over Sat. for breakfast and to meet up with everyone. Weather is what it is. Thats why we spend $ on good gear. Really looking forward to it!

• Member Contributer

The weather looks much better than last year's Catskill ride.

That there is an understatement if I ever heard one!

Sorry to say that I have to miss out on the fun & great company this year. It just wasn't in the cards with the holiday weekend I guess. Ride safe all... and do post pics...I want to see what I missed even if it makes me want to cry!

PS: Seb, LOVE the ride icon ideas!!!!

• Member Contributer

Hey Seb, If you're riding on Friday, I'd like to meet up with the group. I've been through the area before, but I'm always looking for some more fun roads. Have a meeting time or place yet? I'm coming from Scranton, PA. Let me know.

/s/ Sean

. Seb: I am also considering riding on Friday. Also let me know. Thanks, Dave

I'm meeting Kevin in Newburgh around 10:00..........will probably ride south to Bear Mtn .......should be at the look out tower at the top of Perkins Memorial Drive around 11:00.

Widing our way north after that..........maybe lunch in New Paltz around 1:00 or 1:30.........from there it will be west ......over the mountain........then back roads heading north.

Should end up at the motel by 4:00 - 4:30. Total mileage will probably be about 150 from starting point in Newburgh........somewhat of a relaxed site seeing ride since Kevin

just logged about 1,000 miles. Join us at any point along the way...........it's supposed to be great weather. Post up by 9:00 tomorrow morning or shoot me a text after that

and we'll arrange a meet place / time.......................845-389-3160. Brian

approx default waypoints will be............ Bear Mtn lookout tower @ 11:00..........Gilded Otter @ 1:30..........Ashokan Reservoir fountain @ 3:00

Hey Seb, If you're riding on Friday, I'd like to meet up with the group. I've been through the area before, but I'm always looking for some more fun roads. Have a meeting time or place yet? I'm coming from Scranton, PA. Let me know.

/s/ Sean

. Seb: I am also considering riding on Friday. Also let me know. Thanks, Dave

I'm meeting Kevin in Newburgh around 10:00..........will probably ride south to Bear Mtn .......should be at the look out tower at the top of Perkins Memorial Drive around 11:00.

Widing our way north after that..........maybe lunch in New Paltz around 1:00 or 1:30.........from there it will be west ......over the mountain........then back roads heading north.

Should end up at the motel by 4:00 - 4:30. Total mileage will probably be about 150 from starting point in Newburgh........somewhat of a relaxed site seeing ride since Kevin

just logged about 1,000 miles. Join us at any point along the way...........it's supposed to be great weather. Post up by 9:00 tomorrow morning or shoot me a text after that

and we'll arrange a meet place / time.......................845-389-3160. Brian

approx default waypoints will be............ Bear Mtn lookout tower @ 11:00..........Gilded Otter @ 1:30..........Ashokan Reservoir fountain @ 3:00

Sweet! I can make it to Newburgh in about 2 hours, will leave tomorrow before 8am. Where are you meeting in Newburgh? Look for me, red 99, black leather jacket, F7 on the sleeves.

• Member Contributer

Count me in too, Brian. (and maybe another member " dalesvfr " ) Please post up where to meet @ 10. Thanks, and ride safe, Dave

Folks, kindly update the list if you can. I'm going to finalize the route(s) and ride groups tonight & tomorrow morning. Looks like we might just have one large group this year.

My wife had some things come up for the weekend, so I'll be riding solo this year.

1. Sebspeed

2. Brian (MidlifeVFR)

3. timmythecop(?)

4. KevCarver (sans Carver)

5. vfrAustin

6. rhenter

7. 46Alpha

8. PainterBob

9. DucatiDan

10. DaveNichols.......( in for Sat, at least )

11. spawningvat

• Member Contributer

We'll meet at Orange County Choppers..........who has a camera? :ph34r: . Take the Union Ave (rt 300) exit off of 84 east.........I think it's exit 7A.

Merge onto 300 south..............go less than 1 mile and turn right onto 17K..........go about 1/4 mile and you'll see OCC on the left. I'm on

a white 6th gen..........Kevin is a red 5th gen.................call it 10:15 at OCC. 10:30 - 4:00 will be all :tour:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Boys - enjoy yourselves. Its the Canadian thanksgiving weekend - and for those with kids in the competitive hockey world - it means tournament time. I had hoped that I might be able to make a run for the border and take some good teasing in person, but again - not this year.

Love the Ride Icon theme by the way, nicely done Seb...... ;)

I never participated before, but it looks like I can make it this year. I will try to be there by Friday evening. Can't stay for Sunday, have to go back to the city in the morning. Thanks for organizing the ride.

1. Sebspeed

2. Brian (MidlifeVFR)

3. timmythecop(?)

4. KevCarver (sans Carver)

5. vfrAustin

6. rhenter

7. 46Alpha

8. PainterBob

9. DucatiDan

10. DaveNichols.......( in for Sat, at least )

11. spawningvat

12. ChiAlex

• Member Contributer

We'll meet at Orange County Choppers..........who has a camera? :ph34r: . Take the Union Ave (rt 300) exit off of 84 east.........I think it's exit 7A.

Merge onto 300 south..............go less than 1 mile and turn right onto 17K..........go about 1/4 mile and you'll see OCC on the left. I'm on

a white 6th gen..........Kevin is a red 5th gen.................call it 10:15 at OCC. 10:30 - 4:00 will be all :tour:

There's a small, paved pull off area before you descend down the driveway..........I'll see you there..........no time for shopping !

Based on the weather forecast, I'm not going to put together a long route.

I have a loop that's just under 200mi picked out that will leave us some flex for start time in the morning, and have us back well before dark.

In other news, I just saw that Beer World is having a beer tasting at 5pm today. It is located in Catskill, NY which is about 10min from the motel in case anyone is interested in going. :fing02:

Google beer world catskill or find them on Facebook under Beer World.

There's a small, paved pull off area before you descend down the driveway..........I'll see you there..........no time for shopping !

Come on now Brian. I KNOW there is a good photo op there!!!

• Member Contributer

Come on now Brian. I KNOW there is a good photo op there!!!

Indeed..........and I'm sure we'll find it somewhere outside

• Member Contributer

I'll be leaving NH between 12-2. Headed west thru VT across the Green Mnts, then break south once I get to NY. Anything to avoid MA :tongue:

Should be at the hotel around 4-6 PM. See you guys then!

Archived