6th Annual Catskills Fall Ride: October 5-7, 2012

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

I've been very busy this year and would like to go, however, I'm getting married that weekend. I'm out for another year. Maybe we could celebrate our anniversary next year there, though. Hmm... I wonder how that conversation is going to go.

Congrats Pat, but always remember this...

Forgiveness is easier to get than permission!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I took a vacation day, mounted a new front tire and went for a ride in the Catskill Park today. All of the roads and bridges have been repaired (or replaced)

since last year's hurricane. The 2012 Fall Ride should be a great one.

We all appreciate you "taking one for the team" Brian. :fing02:

Speaking of tires, I need to order some as I just picked up a sharp object with my rear and I'm not too enthused with the old Corsa 3 I threw on the front a while back. Gonna be an expensive month.

• Member Contributer

Time off work? Check.

She who must be obeyed? Out of town with the kid, check.

VFR fully repaired? Not even close.

I'll be there, but it's looking like it'll be on the OTHER bike :ph34r:

• Member Contributer

New Kawi Concours 14, just picked it up this year as a leftover.

The VFR was borrowed by my brother-in-law last month and he managed to crash twice in one day :angry:

I'm still in the process of fixing/replacing all the parts (left rad, peg hanger, bar and lever, etc.), but I keep putting it off to allocate funds for other projects.

Sooooooo, I'll most likely take the Connie. Not as nimble as the VFR, but it's not like I ride like Rossi anyway :goofy:

hey all,

Never been to any of your rides, but the Catskills sound interesing. Was thinking about WV that week solo before seeing this planned ride.

if there is anyone out there looking for a roomate I could change my compass setting 180.

• Member Contributer

I just made my reservations. FYI, I got the sense that rooms are filling up. If you're on the fence, you might want to grab a room now.

• Member Contributer

I just made my reservations. FYI, I got the sense that rooms are filling up. If you're on the fence, you might want to grab a room now.

Done and Done!

I made a reservation earlier today also. Mention our group when you call.........it doesn't get you a discount, but they will know to try to cluster VFRD rooms.

Heavy rain last night has made things a mess for a few days but most of the Catskill roads were unscathed.

Light group this year?

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

3. Brian (MidlifeVFR)

4. timmythecop

5. YoshiHNS

6. KevCarver (sans Carver)

7. vfrAustin

8. rhenter

I don't know about you guys, but I am having some fierce cravings for ribs!!

I have new rubber in hand, should be installing this weekend, just in time to scrub them in. I might even find time to toss a bucket of water over my bike, lol!

• Member Contributer

Is there any schedule of meetup/group rides? I have friends across the river and might come up on short notice and stay with them at night, meet you folks during the day.

Cheers!

• Member Contributer

Working on a kitchen pass.

Haven't been on a bike in over a month...

I NEED this ride!

• Member Contributer

Light group this year?

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

3. Brian (MidlifeVFR)

4. timmythecop

5. YoshiHNS

6. KevCarver (sans Carver)

7. vfrAustin

8. rhenter

I have new rubber in hand, should be installing this weekend, just in time to scrub them in. I might even find time to toss a bucket of water over my bike, lol!

not-for-not, but don't you ALWAYS have a fierce craving for ribs???

and I'm not saying nuthin about the whole "rubber in hand" bit.

• Member Contributer

If I wheelied :wheel: half as much as you with my wife on the bike I too would have to hand scrub my new rubber...

• Member Contributer

Im working tomorrow as usual but will be off Sunday if there are any stragglers around PM me I can show you around.

Crappy weather today but supposed to be great next two days.Was out yesterday and bright colors are just starting and roads perfect.Those on the fence are missing a great opportunity if you dont come.Put on the big boy pants and come one up to the best riding in the region!

Brian if you need chairs I can meet you later in New Paltz,text me if you need em.

Im working tomorrow as usual but will be off Sunday if there are any stragglers around PM me I can show you around.

Crappy weather today but supposed to be great next two days.Was out yesterday and bright colors are just starting and roads perfect.Those on the fence are missing a great opportunity if you dont come.Put on the big boy pants and come one up to the best riding in the region!

Brian if you need chairs I can meet you later in New Paltz,text me if you need em.

Boy, you had me going for a minute. The ride is next weekend!

Archived