Traveling in Oregon? Here's a place to avoid!

SpiralGray

Four of us just returned from a trip. On the last night we stayed at the Woodsman Country Lodge in Crescent, OR (on hwy 97 south of Bend). My buddy and I have been staying there since 1999, and in fact stayed there just last month with our wives on a trip to Crater Lake (by car).

When we checked in we were told that this was the last time we'd be allowed to stay there when riding our motorcycles. The owners had had "problems" with motorcyclists, and instead of dealing with the problem people they decided to ban everyone based on their mode of transportation.

IMG_20120817_074911.jpg

I wonder if a group of Asians had caused trouble if they would put up a "NO ASIANS" sign.

At any rate, please inform all your friends, family, enemies, whatever that this establishment should be avoided.

Who are "bikers" anyway? I have found that almost everyone on a motorcycle is a decent person. The others? Well, they are called the "One Percenters" for a reason . . .

• Forum CEO

Just tell them your a motorcyclist not a biker! I would avoid gas stations if at all possible, getting gas in Oregon is ridiculous - I know its impossible but you will find out why! I dont know why they would cut off part of their business because of some idiot biker? Especially since you are established customers?

• Member Contributer

Oregon is I think 1 of 2 states that do not allow motorists to pump their own gas. It causes all sorts of problems with out of state motorists. Self service has been been voted on numerous times but always fails. There is an exception for motorcyclists - on the bike I just pull up and act like I know what I'm doing and usually they leave me alone. Don't try it in a car though - they'll go bananas.

Too bad about the motel - their loss. There are lots of places that welcome bikes. In Kamiah, Idaho the hotel I stayed at hands out clean rags and has a wash station for motorcycles - very welcoming.

• Member Contributer

And the Laaaaaaaaand of tttheee Freeeeeeeeeee........................

But then again, look what happened to the Franklin Motel after a bunch of Interceptors stayed there...... it was raised to ground level.....

:ph34r:

• Member Contributer

And the Laaaaaaaaand of tttheee Freeeeeeeeeee........................

But then again, look what happened to the Franklin Motel after a bunch of Interceptors stayed there...... it was raised to ground level.....

:ph34r:

Dutchy, I think the previous owners of the Franklin Motel saw signs that some crazy European might try and crash the next met. So instead of risking the carnage, they opted to just tear the place down. :idea3:

• Member Contributer

I wonder if they allow those Mormans who ride their bicycles in the summer sun wearing suits and backpacks. I hear they can be a rowdy bunch.

Rollin

I've had a place in Randle, Washington and one in Oregon tell me they have no rooms 'available to bikers'. I usually stop on the way out and say, "well, I guess I'm not a responsible adult since I teach elementary school…." I guess it is their business but motorcycles doesn't always equal trouble clients. It just continues my theory that the greasy biker and black sweat stained cruiser crowd ruins it for everyone - look like a dirtbag and we all get treated like one. Glad you took your business elsewhere.

Sadly, there are idiots everywhere... If they want to exclude a huge segment of their customers, because of a few morons, it's their right. Maybe someone with some sense will buy the place when they go under... lol

I suggest we forward this info to:http://traveloregon.com/andhttp://www.tripadvisor.com/
Review already written on TripAdvisor (as well as Google Local). I'll take a look at the Travel Oregon site.

Also, the property is AAA approved and we've contacted them to get their feedback on whether this is something they allow in their approved properties.

Archived