Picture from today's Dragon run

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

We have another contestant for a free poster over at US129 photos. It is Craig Cain with the red Goldwing that matches Yellow Wolf's speed through the twisties. Here is the link:

http://us129photos.com/#axzz20LNLh9KI

Let's get some votes for a sport touring Honda.

• Member Contributer

Yeah its official one of the ten best days of two wheel riding.

Checkout Killboys blog http://killboy.blogspot.com/

Very cool to get the cover shot. Next time we are in the same frame I will get off the bike and ham it up for the photos, something I do early before the enforcers show up. I have old basketball knees with such thick knee brace/pads underneath my riding jeans I have a hard time getting off the seat anymore. I have come to enjoy the Mike Hailwood riding style with minimal body movement...something that is easier with the rear end raised due to the improved ground clearance.

KEB

• Member Contributer

Could be an excellent morning with afternoon showers...I am leaving it as a game time decision after carefully analyzing the NOAA weather maps in the morning. If I go it will be around 7AM putting me there at 8:15 or so.

We have another contestant for a free poster over at US129 photos. It is Craig Cain with the red Goldwing that matches Yellow Wolf's speed through the twisties. Here is the link:

http://us129photos.com/#axzz20LNLh9KI

Let's get some votes for a sport touring Honda.

Nah, I like Wings, but it's not a V4! :tongue:

• Member Contributer

Yes I did and I also stopped and talked with another former Harley rider in the photo contest who threw his Concour over the hill at gravity cavity:

Contest photo:

post-1814-0-99990400-1342260882.jpg

Later Photo:

post-1814-0-53348300-1342260898.jpg

KEB

• Member Contributer

Did you see the shots of the 3 harley wreck on the front page?

Heres what happen the 1st guy going north crossed the center line and hit the 2nd guy going south. The 3rd guy just crashed because the other guys had crashed.

• Member Contributer

Precisely why I avoid the Gap like the plague. Too many idiots. I don't mind wrecking my own bike, but I'd be pissed if someone else did it for me! I'll meet yall up there, but screw riding that 11 miles, I'll enjoy the other 500 miles of better twisties around it.

• Member Contributer

It is still a great early morning gateway road to the surrounding twisty goodness of the NC mountains. Living in Knoxville it is one of the quickest ways to all the fun but if I lived on your side of the Gap I would rarely visit.

Get that 6' tall VFR back on the road Matt and we will meet you at a neutral site for your safety :rolleyes:

Yes I did and I also stopped and talked with another former Harley rider in the photo contest who threw his Concour over the hill at gravity cavity:

Contest photo:

post-1814-0-99990400-1342260882.jpg

Later Photo:

post-1814-0-53348300-1342260898.jpg

KEB

He needed another paint job anyway! :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer
so jealous of all you guys who live close by, :tongue:

Yeah we really hate it. I'm down there at least a couple times a week! But remember I have to buy at least 7-10 sets of tires every year !

• Member Contributer

Yeah we really hate it. I'm down there at least a couple times a week! But remember I have to buy at least 7-10 sets of tires every year !

Now there's a nice problem to have!

• Member Contributer

Now there's a nice problem to have!

Cruiser dudes love to laugh at the sportbikes and comment about changing the tires every oil change. I wish. 1 oil change every other set of tires is about average.

Not complaining.

In fact I get my money's worth from every set.

KEB

Archived