Warwoman - The Ride

• Member Contributer

Ever since receiving maps from 2 VFRD members, the road named Warwoman stuck out.... so I set my mind on riding it.

The 1st attempt (leading a ride on Friday) kinda failed (missed a left turn) and we only got on it to find a "bitch" had a battery fail (different post.... :tongue: )

Saturday was another day, so what better than to plan on taking Warwoman onto Warwoman?

So first we took 64 to Highland, for a little wetness

9dd2a1c7.jpg

82f7a3ec.jpg

Then headed towards Cashiers and rode 64 till Brevard, nice tuna sandwich!

Down the 276 to Marietta and what better place to take a lady than into the Sunset and then reach higher spirit in Walhalla?

I'll let Warwoman post what she learned on the 11 West.... :tongue:

During the day, another tourist commented that he thought I had a good looking wife and that it was great her and I were riding together.

So we might as well pretend for the camera :laugh:

4410564b.jpg

(and no, those are not my thumbs.... :ph34r: )

What a lovely couple.....

6779fe07.jpg

28 North till we finally reached 76 West...

Who could have ever guessed I ended up on Warwoman with Warwoman??

5251087b.jpg

Thanks Andrea for the fun day!

• Member Contributer

Thanks Panama,

I know where your avatar came from............. got that as a newspaper cutting some 20 years ago..... here is a scan...

SCAN0034.jpg

true, very true....

• Member Contributer

What road sign? :tongue:

Naaah..... I think a few attempts were made to steal that sign.....

• Member Contributer

Thanks for posting the pictures, Dutchy! I had a blast riding with you and so enjoyed speaking a little deutsch. You made a pretty good pretend husband...lol!!!

• Member Contributer

I know where your avatar came from............. got that as a newspaper cutting some 20 years ago..... here is a scan...

true, very true....

Dutchy, you are amazing! To have that 'toon after all these years!

BTW: It's that or stare at one's navel. And I aint talkin'

• Member Contributer

Looks like some guy on a motard ran over the road sign.

That post was two replies late Dave. Go back and read them in order and try to stop laughing.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for posting the pictures, Dutchy! I had a blast riding with you and so enjoyed speaking a little deutsch. You made a pretty good pretend husband...lol!!!

so tell the peeps here on VFRD what you learned on 11 heading west...... :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Looks like some guy on a motard ran over the road sign.

That post was two replies late Dave. Go back and read them in order and try to stop laughing.

Yeah i get the joke, but I like the fact some nut ran over the sign and they just stuck it back in the ground.

• Member Contributer

so tell the peeps here on VFRD what you learned on 11 heading west...... :laugh:

LOL!!! Well, two things I learned on 11 heading west.... Dutchy really IS the Flying Dutchman. And the other is: DON'T WAVE at other bikes when you are doing triple digits. Nearly makes the shoulder pop out of the socket. :-) Everyone have a safe Memorial Day weekend. Maybe see you in the mountains!

• Member Contributer

Glad to see that women are treated well at Tmac!

C

Everyone at TexasMac has always been super nice to me. There are nothing but great guys at this event. :-)

• Member Contributer

Krieg-frau

Ha! Krieg-Frau vill open a can of voop-ass...LOL! Actually, I think it translates to Kriegerin, but really, who cares? Honey badger doesn't.

• Member Contributer

Another vote here for WarWoman.

Nothing But??!! There were a bunch of super nice women there also. My riding buddy back home says, repeatedly, "Motorcycle babe s are the best!" (Skiing babe s the second). I didn't see many babe s but there were a lot of mite-eey fine Women at T-mac.

Y'all do indeed rock.

Archived