Seat Recommendation?

Guest fcaprilia

• Member Contributer

Enjoy! I'll have to live vicariously through you until the snow is gone here. :). Seth moved me back about 1/4 inch, I'm tall as well 6'5 so I think it will help.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have any of you guys had a look at this http://triboseat.com/index.htm, its brilliant for the passenger sliding issues and all i did was but some anti slip matting off flea bay and stick it under my derrier when i went for a ride, and i dont know why but my perch is a lot grippier now, maybe the anti slip has ruffed the surface up a little, although you cant tell.

• Member Contributer

keep it between your legs & within 55 degrees of vertical whilst moving any further & you'll need clean undies !

Sorry had to :)

If nothing more than more validation, I ran the same Airhawk on my DCT on a 2600k ride in early December, and the Airhawk was the only reason I survived the ride. Great fix for the long hauls, works for my wife's rear as well; thank goodness. Usually don't mess with it on shorter rides, but worth every penny. Would share a picture, but it would be just like the other photos; same color bike, same carbon fiber tank guards! Excellent choice.

• Member Contributer

Can anyone comment on the factory Honda "short" seat and how it feels? I am fine height-wise with the stock seat but would like something a little lower to feel more like I'm "in " the bike and not atop it.

I also hate how slippery the stock '10 seat is. I'm thinking about buying a factory short seat and then putting one of the aftermarket leather seat covers on it.

Got mine back from Seth. I'll give an official opinion when I put some miles on it (incredibly busy at the moment).

I also did a modified solo, where he upgrades the foam in the back but leaves the basic shape the same, which he suggests due to the narrow profile of the seat and the desire to keep the good looks of the bike intact. The cover is the carbon fiber material. The initial feel of it is much improved from stock.

01897BCF-AADC-4049-A0F4-77E7DB4608E7_zps

• Member Contributer

Hi,

I dont know if this have been here before, but has anyone tried this:

http://www.topsellerie.com/en-fi/HONDA-VFR-1200-F-seats-petrol-tank-covers-tank-bags-motorbike_5_578.html

This is in France. I ordered from here and everything went fine and the product was exactly as I ordered.

Great site and cheap. Shipping just to much ..

Can anyone comment on the factory Honda "short" seat and how it feels? I am fine height-wise with the stock seat but would like something a little lower to feel more like I'm "in " the bike and not atop it.

I also hate how slippery the stock '10 seat is. I'm thinking about buying a factory short seat and then putting one of the aftermarket leather seat covers on it.

If you are talking about the Honda low seat, then I have one. It is both lower and narrow near the tank. The seat also feel a bit softer than the '10 stock seat. I don't know if Honda put in gel insert in it, or is it because the covering is of a softer material (certainly feels that way), but the end result is that I don't slider around on the low seat near as much as I did on the '10 stock seat. Even though the covering surface feels about the same. I have ridden 600+ mile day ride and, while not supremely comfortable, it is certainly no punishing agony either.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine back from Seth. I'll give an official opinion when I put some miles on it (incredibly busy at the moment).

I also did a modified solo, where he upgrades the foam in the back but leaves the basic shape the same, which he suggests due to the narrow profile of the seat and the desire to keep the good looks of the bike intact. The cover is the carbon fiber material. The initial feel of it is much improved from stock.

01897BCF-AADC-4049-A0F4-77E7DB4608E7_zps

Is it just the picture or does the seat look 'lumpy'. I'm just being extra critical since I'm probably going to go with LAAM when I upgrade my seat.

Is it just the picture or does the seat look 'lumpy'. I'm just being extra critical since I'm probably going to go with LAAM when I upgrade my seat.

It was a little lumpy when I got it, that picture was straight out of the box. I was worried about that little wrinkle in the front left portion, but it went away after a few days. It never felt lumpy either. I think it was just the material settling in. Here's a few from this morning.

EE552A19-23CD-4ABD-84DD-73D6264A1366_zps

669699C4-A103-43FD-B5F3-E5CC84AB6CDE_zps

89857EE1-CF97-41CF-9672-C02D650E3D2A_zps

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got to put a little time on the Laam seat. Big improvement! I spent 4 hours (about 200 miles) total on it and was quite pleased. The seat feels a tad softer yet more supportive than the stock, and the new shape cups my ass just right :goofy: With the stock seat I started squirming after about 20 minutes, with the Laam I get about 1 - 1 1/2 hrs before needing to shift around. The new cover material is wonderful also, the slipperiness of the stock was always sliding me into the tank, now I stay wherever I plant it.

There are a couple of hot spots on my thighs around the edge of the seat, but I'm thinking those will go away once I've got it broken in fully (had the same on a Russel seat I had).

So overall, I'm happy with it!

• 1 month later...

The snow is gone, the tulips are up, the sun is out, the new Sargent seat is on and my a$$ is (finally) happy!! I will give a full report of how comfortable the Sargent is after my May trip to Northern California.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SOLD!

I'm selling the Corbin off my 2012, it's in perfect shape... no complaints at all.

Like all Corbins, firm but perfectly shaped.

I'll be putting it in the classifieds section where it belongs soon, but I know this thread probably will get more views...

non-heated, sells new for $493

$350 shipped CONUS

DSCN0495_zps239c9f89.jpg

DSCN0494_zps6ee9be15.jpg

Ah, building custom. That's the way to go. It took me an hour commute and 5 hours at the shop and another hour back home. Oh, and $550. Purrfect!

Corbin is the single worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life, it was a absolute nightmare. They even openly admitted 100% fault to the issue, then refused to do anything about it. I wish I was kidding or being dramatic, sadly that is not the case.

I'll never buy a corbin again. cust service is laughable.

Archived