I went into the attic to look for some parts...

• Member Contributer

Needed to go into the attic to see if I had a part for the ST1300 my dad bought a while ago. Geez. What a mess it is up there. Tried just to move stuff around, but with the flooring only half done, and my mom very adamant about not throwing anything away without her knowing (AKA: not allowed to get rid of old junk), I had to drag everything down into the garage to make room. Good thing the car was out of the driveway, ended up being a lot more than I thought.

Didn't find the part I was looking for, but I found the seat we pulled out of the salvaged VW bug we rebuilt. All the functions still work. Now just need to make a base for it and I have a garage seat. Wonder if it has any leads for the heaters....

DSCF0840.jpg

Also found all this other stuff in boxes. Guess I accumulated some of my own stuff with the help of my New York Division Acquisitions Department. I forgot what I even had. Found a rear stand that I bought and forgot about. Wasn't even that long ago! Don't get old.

DSCF0838.jpg

Back to cleaning the attic up and putting all this junk away.

Looks like you had a bike lift up there too! lmao!

Don't be such a c***tease, get to work instead of putting it away! :biggrin:

Sincerely,

New York Department of Acquisitions

• Member Contributer

Looks like you had a bike lift up there too! lmao!

Don't be such a c***tease, get to work instead of putting it away! :biggrin:

Sincerely,

New York Department of Acquisitions

The bike lift was already in the garage, but I found an engine stand! And a box of fork seals for the VFR and the Magna and something else!

I found the airbox I was looking for. BUT...I'm missing the clutch cover still. And the cover on the other side. I wonder where they could be.

• Member Contributer

I see an entire track bike project in pieces.......

I see the same thing.. You got a secret project we don't know about?

While waiting for updates, could always play the "Name that Part" game. I think there's enough down there for a days worth of entertainment.

I found the airbox I was looking for. BUT...I'm missing the clutch cover still. And the cover on the other side. I wonder where they could be.

Cover on the other side? Never touched the other side, did you pull it to check the stator or something?

• Member Contributer

The sprocket cover is either missing, or someone sawed the cover in half. The smart thing to do would probably be to go and look at the other 4th gen I have, huh.

• Member Contributer

A) The other one doesn't fit on the VFR and am pretty sure it can't be modified to fit.

B) It's a lot heavier

International rule of dibs apply

While waiting for updates, could always play the "Name that Part" game. I think there's enough down there for a days worth of entertainment.

I'd play, but I have a distinctly unfair advantage since i helped supply or secure most of that pile... oops.gif

Archived