Check this out - unbelievable!

TexOz

• Member Contributer

This is the sort of person that shares the road with you!

This could've been the last thing that bloke saw!

Keep in mind that we're supposed to drive on the left side of the road in Oz! :mellow:

Inattention is my pet peeve..... They seem to have labled it as sleep in this video, but it could have been a cell phone, but which ever it is shouldn't be happening. Chances of anything getting straightened out is highly unlikely. Here they say on TV that 20 some % of deaths are from drinking and driving and they don't do that much about it. So that leaves 80% of the deaths they don't even want to talk about..What's with that......

As a retired truck driver the only thing that works if you have to keep going is to stop and walk for 10 min. and drink water..... Not coffee,candy, etc.

• Member Contributer

Just lucky that plod was on the job :mellow:

• Member Contributer

Just lucky that plod was on the job :mellow:

they wont know what the plod is over here. You may as well have called hom "Old Bill"

Plod - Old Bill - Fuzz - Copper - Cop - Pig - Filth - Blue Heeler - Flatfoot = Police.

Have I missed any Timmy? There's gotta be a million more :happy:

• Member Contributer

5-0, heat, one time, da feds, Johnny Law, po-po, jump out, rozzers, .........timmythecops

wout

juut

smeris

bromsnor

stille

:laughing6-hehe:

Wow! I'm not amazed the other driver was distracted, or how the skills of a highly trained policeman avoided a deadly crash- I'm amazed at how nice they were about it,lol If that was here they would have pulled her out at gunpoint and had her cuffed in 5.0 seconds! (See what I did there? ;)) I think the other 80% of casualties are from people that think it's a good idea to fit HID's on their vehicle and then use the defense "it's safer because more people see me". Just in case your one of these people and your reading this- it is NOT safer. When you come around a corner with them blazing in my eyes I cannot see you, deer or anything else (including what lane I'm in) I think this is a HUGE problem and I encounter at least one of these "safer" drivers on my way to AND from work. This isn't even including the "pinnacles of coolness" that end up behind me blinding me so I swerve all over the road in a fit of rage because I can't see anything. I try slowing down so they go around me but for whatever reason they just end up a half inch from my bumper. Ugh. Ok, I'll stop now Cool video BTW, glad no one was hurt :)

Oh and Dutchy- I am a member of the Kramer Forum and over there we have a guy named "Fett". He is raucous, rude and never afraid to poke at someone's pride (including his own) for the sake of a good joke. I religiously look for Fett's posts because they are entertaining and always put me in a good mood no matter what kind of day I'm having. You sir, are my "Fett" of VFRD. Well you and Gll429, I like his posts as well. You guys are a tour de force of goodness for VFRD, keep up the good work! :)

Oh crap, the cops, works.

I wasnt surprised, just happy the sppeds were very low. It wasnt even close thanks to low speed. If they were going 60mph it would of been a mess.

Oh yeah they determined on mythbusters that if 2 vehicles hit each other going 60mph each there is no combined speed effect. It's still the same force as a 60mph collision because the vehicles are movable and not concrete walls. Actually, IIRC, the 2 vehicles softened the blow as opposed to hitting a wall at the same speed. ANYWAY, could of been bad.

5-0, heat, one time, da feds, Johnny Law, po-po, jump out, rozzers, .........timmythecops

Do you know why they're called "5-0" , other than it was an old TV show ?

I thought it was because of the Trooper Mustangs with the 5.0 :)

• Member Contributer

50th state?

It's because HI is the 50th State............... I had a Ford Mustang KIng Cobra ll ..... Late 70's / early 80's had the full aero-package with an alum' block and tranny housing and it was a 5.0 .......... really light for the power of that time in the USA........

Here's a link..

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featuredvehicles/1974_1978_mustang/mufp_0601_1978_ford_mustang_cobra/photo_01.html

50th state?

+ 1

• Member Contributer

50th state?

+ 1

Book 'em, Monko! Er, I mean Danno.

It worked out OK in this instance for the Cop...... but you should never swerve into the oncoming lane when meeting oncoming traffic in your lane. When you watch the slow motion replay you can see that the woman initially attempts to recover into her correct lane. This could have lead to a head-on in her lane.

When meeting oncoming traffic on your lane you should always head toward the ditch.

• Member Contributer

Looks like a normal day of highway driving in the Southeast here..... :blink: "Yield the right of way" isn't a concept at all here much less a new one. :rolleyes:

It worked out OK in this instance for the Cop...... but you should never swerve into the oncoming lane when meeting oncoming traffic in your lane. When you watch the slow motion replay you can see that the woman initially attempts to recover into her correct lane. This could have lead to a head-on in her lane.

When meeting oncoming traffic on your lane you should always head toward the ditch.

I agree with you.... but this one proved us wrong.... Yea, I noticed that as well, but they did it fast enough that she saw not to go back.

• Member Contributer

.... I think the other 80% of casualties are from people that think it's a good idea to fit HID's on their vehicle and then use the defense "it's safer because more people see me". Just in case your one of these people and your reading this- it is NOT safer. When you come around a corner with them blazing in my eyes I cannot see you, deer or anything else (including what lane I'm in) I think this is a HUGE problem and I encounter at least one of these "safer" drivers on my way to AND from work. This isn't even including the "pinnacles of coolness" that end up behind me blinding me so I swerve all over the road in a fit of rage because I can't see anything. I try slowing down so they go around me but for whatever reason they just end up a half inch from my bumper. Ugh. ...

Interesting, I've never heard this b4, sounds like it needs/deserves it's own thread Mike ... would you like to lead it off?

.... I think the other 80% of casualties are from people that think it's a good idea to fit HID's on their vehicle and then use the defense "it's safer because more people see me". Just in case your one of these people and your reading this- it is NOT safer. When you come around a corner with them blazing in my eyes I cannot see you, deer or anything else (including what lane I'm in) I think this is a HUGE problem and I encounter at least one of these "safer" drivers on my way to AND from work. This isn't even including the "pinnacles of coolness" that end up behind me blinding me so I swerve all over the road in a fit of rage because I can't see anything. I try slowing down so they go around me but for whatever reason they just end up a half inch from my bumper. Ugh. ...

Interesting, I've never heard this b4, sounds like it needs/deserves it's own thread Mike ... would you like to lead it off?

Sorry, I tend to rattle things off as they bubble up......... Didn't mean to hijack the thread. :/

• Member Contributer

Sorry, I tend to rattle things off as they bubble up......... Didn't mean to hijack the thread. :/

Nope - I wasn't complaining about hijacking - I honestly thought that these HID mods were a safety enhancer so it was interesting to read someone with a completely different view! Worth getting peoples thoughts I reckon :mellow:

Archived