Check this out - unbelievable!

TexOz

• Member Contributer

Leaving Deals Gap on 28 and riding towards Fontana Dam I have had this happen twice. I think drivers are either fatigued or just not paying attention !!!!!!!!

Looks like a normal day of highway driving in the Southeast here..... :blink: "Yield the right of way" isn't a concept at all here much less a new one. :rolleyes:

I was rounding the typical blind curve riding up Caesars Head last year to find a pickup truck fully in my lane coming right at me. I am convinced that the truck driver was already committed to moving back into his lane before he saw me or I would have been a hood ornament.

.... I think the other 80% of casualties are from people that think it's a good idea to fit HID's on their vehicle and then use the defense "it's safer because more people see me". Just in case your one of these people and your reading this- it is NOT safer. When you come around a corner with them blazing in my eyes I cannot see you, deer or anything else (including what lane I'm in) I think this is a HUGE problem and I encounter at least one of these "safer" drivers on my way to AND from work. This isn't even including the "pinnacles of coolness" that end up behind me blinding me so I swerve all over the road in a fit of rage because I can't see anything. I try slowing down so they go around me but for whatever reason they just end up a half inch from my bumper. Ugh. ...

Interesting, I've never heard this b4, sounds like it needs/deserves it's own thread Mike ... would you like to lead it off?

Sorry, I tend to rattle things off as they bubble up......... Didn't mean to hijack the thread. :/

Nope - I wasn't complaining about hijacking - I honestly thought that these HID mods were a safety enhancer so it was interesting to read someone with a completely different view! Worth getting peoples thoughts I reckon :mellow:

Oh, ok :) Monk started a thread that I think will definatley draw some conversation :) I do tend to ramble though so feel free to let me know when I do, :)

.... I think the other 80% of casualties are from people that think it's a good idea to fit HID's on their vehicle and then use the defense "it's safer because more people see me". Just in case your one of these people and your reading this- it is NOT safer. When you come around a corner with them blazing in my eyes I cannot see you, deer or anything else (including what lane I'm in) I think this is a HUGE problem and I encounter at least one of these "safer" drivers on my way to AND from work. This isn't even including the "pinnacles of coolness" that end up behind me blinding me so I swerve all over the road in a fit of rage because I can't see anything. I try slowing down so they go around me but for whatever reason they just end up a half inch from my bumper. Ugh. ...

Interesting, I've never heard this b4, sounds like it needs/deserves it's own thread Mike ... would you like to lead it off?

Sorry, I tend to rattle things off as they bubble up......... Didn't mean to hijack the thread. :/

Nope - I wasn't complaining about hijacking - I honestly thought that these HID mods were a safety enhancer so it was interesting to read someone with a completely different view! Worth getting peoples thoughts I reckon :mellow:

Oh, ok :) Monk started a thread that I think will definatley draw some conversation :) I do tend to ramble though so feel free to let me know when I do, :)

To be more truthful.... "I stole the idea from you, and OZ".

Archived