New Exhaust with lots of Photos

Graves

Finally got my exhaust in and installed. It's even better than I had hoped for.

Stock Set up we are all familiar with.. . . .

100_3909.jpg

Loose fit up photos

100_3915.jpg

100_3916.jpg

100_3912.jpg

100_3913.jpg

100_3914.jpg

100_3919.jpg

Final assembly photos

100_3924.jpg

100_3925.jpg

100_3929.jpg

This last photo is with the silencer spuds removed.

100_3928.jpg

My only question is what are these two round things for?

100_3921.jpg

My only thought is that they would go in the base of each can and act as silencers and restrictors in order to keep the stock fuel map happy.

I only have two minor complaints. one is for how visible they made some of the attachment springs and two is that there was a general lack of mounting instructions. Not to mention the incredibly small diagram they send with it.

But the sound with the silencers removed , , , , , , , :mellow: , , , , There is just the nice DEEP rumble and when you are getting under way it sounds so nice. I really think these are better than Staintunes. No sharp or tinny noises at all. Just that growl that reminds you of a nicely tuned V8 rumbling by. I'll try and get a video posted later this week.

Congrats! :comp13:

Those are both functional cans, right? Not one real and one dummy can? :cheerleader: I want to upgrade to a CF exhaust system but want a systen where both cans are functional.

Regardless, they look great -especially on your silver VFR. Looks like the caps and other hardware matches the passenger footpegs nicely.

nice looking cans! :cheerleader:

but you really ought to do something with that mudflap!

That is next on the list of mods. At least when I can get back to it. Remodeling a house is time consuming :dry:

They look great, where did ya get em from?

I got them from the Italian Motostyles promo in the Bargain Finder Area "HERE" except I got in on it when the price was 20% off.

Congrats! :laugh:

Those are both functional cans, right? Not one real and one dummy can? :comp13: I want to upgrade to a CF exhaust system but want a systen where both cans are functional.

Regardless, they look great -especially on your silver VFR. Looks like the caps and other hardware matches the passenger footpegs nicely.

Yup both cans are functional. I think over all It weighs about 6-7 lbs less than the stock set up. I weighed each part before I put it on but I need to add it all up to see what the difference is. :cool:

IMHO it does wonders for the looks if you just remove the plastic part, and paint the metal bracket behind it black. Doesn't cost anything either...

100_0117.jpg

100_0363.jpg

I called Leo Vince a couple of weeks ago and spoke to a rep, he said the end caps can be purchased seperately and simply installed for those of us with the old style. He wanted me to measure my cans so he could part out the exact cap and pricing would be apx $100 for both. I love the new look and I'm definatly gonna go this route.

IMHO it does wonders for the looks if you just remove the plastic part, and paint the metal bracket behind it black. Doesn't cost anything either...

100_0117.jpg

100_0363.jpg

I was looking at that bracket and thinking the same thing. I might give it a try.

Ride Report -

At first I was concerned about fuel mapping since I don't have a PCIII or the like but all seems good. No sporadic fueling no abnormal popping on decel. The transition is smoothed out a little but not much. The front wheel seems to be able to loft a little easier with my 290# arse on it. I did put the Silencers back in this morning to see if they made any difference. They muted the sound quite a bit. making the system a little louder than stock and takes that bark out of the sound of the open pipes. So a good thing to have if you need to keep neighbors happy when returning home at the small hours of the night or early morning. The butt dyno didn't tell me if it made a difference in HP or not. I can tell there is a weight difference up top as setting it up right off the side stand is a touch easier.

All in all I like them except I'll leave the silencers out and throw them in the tail bag in case I need them for some reason.

Cheers,

CG

• 2 weeks later...

love those piepes, thinking of changing out my Laser Xtreme's for these. Do they come with black tips do you know?

As far as I know they don't. But you could probably give L.V. a call and see. If not then you could always have the tips powder coated or painted.

• Member Contributer

I was looking at that bracket and thinking the same thing. I might give it a try.

You can also, simply take a dremel to the plastic and follow the contour of the upper section, under the plate location. A little fine file work and tada, your stylen.

Nice looking cans by the way, like the CF and the oval.

Nice looking pipes on the bike. Does anyone know if these are EU compliant regarding noise/db levels? Are they fairly quiet with the spuds in?

I don't know about the EU compliant but I can tell you that they are quiet with the spuds in, just a little louder than stock and lighter. If i could get my camera to record the sound right I'd post it up but it's being stubborn.

You can also, simply take a dremel to the plastic and follow the contour of the upper section, under the plate location. A little fine file work and tada, your stylen.

Nice looking cans by the way, like the CF and the oval.

You don't even have to do that. Simply remove the whole plastic cover all in one piece. Then just use the support bracket itselF for the plate.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

any sound clip yet? I just emailed Giovanni to see what kind of pricing he is offering.

• 6 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Does the tail really need to be removed for the install?

Yes it does.. it's 4 screws to remove, super easy!

When you install the exhaust, install it in pieces starting from the cat and work your way up aligning things as they go. I tried assembling it all and then mounting it.. what a pain in the ass. I took it all apart and started piece by piece and everything fit real nice. I ended up using one spacer between the exhaust mount and the oval bracket of the CF exhaust so everything lines up nicely.

I also have factory hard bags and everything clears quite nicely.

Does the tail really need to be removed for the install?

Yes it does.. it's 4 screws to remove, super easy!

When you install the exhaust, install it in pieces starting from the cat and work your way up aligning things as they go. I tried assembling it all and then mounting it.. what a pain in the ass. I took it all apart and started piece by piece and everything fit real nice. I ended up using one spacer between the exhaust mount and the oval bracket of the CF exhaust so everything lines up nicely.

I also have factory hard bags and everything clears quite nicely.

Ok thanks for the information.

Archived