Where to get a new Yuasa on the cheap??

Bent

• Member Contributer

Since my OEM battery is 4 years old, I'm going to just go ahead and replace it before it goes out and I get stuckin the middle of nowhere, which is where I ride. My luck isn't that good either... :fing02:

Anyone know where to buy new Yuasa's cheaper than at a cycle dealer?

Thanks,

Bent :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I got a YTZ-14S from bikergarage a few weeks ago. $49 + $14 shipping. There are deals out there, just keep searching...

• Member Contributer

I got a YTZ-14S from bikergarage a few weeks ago. $49 + $14 shipping. There are deals out there, just keep searching...

OK, tell me if I'm wrong but the 14S has more CCA's. On a car battery more CCA's doesn't translate to more battery life provided the battery has enough CCA's to adequately run what the car requires. Am I right or wrong? Battery life is what I want on the bike.

Cycle Gear down the street just quoted me a 12S for $174. Not in my lifetime!!! :fing02:

The YTZ series is an AGM style battery which will offer the best life possible Vs standard lead-acid batteries.

So you are already shopping in the right category, I don't think there are any alternatives out there that would be better, life-wise.

Can you get "MotoBatt" batteries wherever you are? My last one was one of these, and not only did it (allegedly) have higher CCAs than the Yuasa, but it was considerably cheaper. It's been very good, with the only thing I don't like about it being the terminals. They've designed a modular battery that will fit several different models of bikes, so each terminal is a two-part design consisting of two L-shaped brass pieces, with a hole in one leg of the 'L' and a threaded hole in the other. So you attach one to the battery using the screw supplied (also brass), and the other to the first one in the same manner. Depending which way you orientate each 'L', you can have the top terminal's screwhole facing up or to the side. In theory this is a great concept, but I found it made it harder to get everything buttoned up really tightly. One you do, it's really good. Oh - and its an AGM battery too, and a funky bright yellow. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

The YTZ series is an AGM style battery which will offer the best life possible Vs standard lead-acid batteries.

So you are already shopping in the right category, I don't think there are any alternatives out there that would be better, life-wise.

Thanks Veefer. :fing02: I just got through looking all over creation on the internet and didn't really see any decent deals.

The good news is, my battery shows no sign of deterioration, so I have time to hunt.....I think.... :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Can you get "MotoBatt" batteries wherever you are? My last one was one of these, and not only did it (allegedly) have higher CCAs than the Yuasa, but it was considerably cheaper. It's been very good, with the only thing I don't like about it being the terminals. They've designed a modular battery that will fit several different models of bikes, so each terminal is a two-part design consisting of two L-shaped brass pieces, with a hole in one leg of the 'L' and a threaded hole in the other. So you attach one to the battery using the screw supplied (also brass), and the other to the first one in the same manner. Depending which way you orientate each 'L', you can have the top terminal's screwhole facing up or to the side. In theory this is a great concept, but I found it made it harder to get everything buttoned up really tightly. One you do, it's really good. Oh - and its an AGM battery too, and a funky bright yellow. :491:

Yes, found one for $65. They have a two year warranty but battery warranties are worth as much as an empty bottle of good beer.... :beer:

As I sit right now, I think I will have another beer and contemplate the world of batteries and how it relates to global warming..... :fing02:

Thanks for everyone's input. More welcomed.... :fing02:

Since my OEM battery is 4 years old, I'm going to just go ahead and replace it before it goes out and I get stuckin the middle of nowhere, which is where I ride. My luck isn't that good either... huh.gif

Anyone know where to buy new Yuasa's cheaper than at a cycle dealer?

Thanks,

Bent fing02.gif

Batteries.com or somthing like that, its in Oregon get the st1300 yuasa same size as original but higher level of performance, its perfect I will get it again.

its about $120 shipped, 20 more cca and ,2 volt reserve power more.

its the real deal http://www.batterystuff.com/search.php?q=yuasa+st1400

• Member Contributer

if you havent bought one yet..

go to pepboys or autozone.

i like autozone better.. buy the YTZ-14 equivelent ..comes with a warrenty that is worth it! i keep the receipt in a zipplock baggie taped to the battery.. and then let it wear down right before the warrenty expires.. and get a new one with a new warrenty. :fing02:

i ma not sure if wallmart will do that for you.. that would be even better.. since most are open very late.

Jim, eBay seller battery geek1(I think?) is a great seller and has chepo to Yuasa for great prices. Last time I think he had Yuasa VFR batteries for $109 and I even bought a few of their $29 or $39 VFR batteries. One's in the track Vtec other is a cheap back-up.

BR

• Member Contributer

Yuasa how has two styles for our batteries. The old size and the new and improved "smaller and lighter" size. The new one is a bunch more money but the old style runs about $70. I purchased an old style 14 from my dealer for $70.

• Member Contributer

THANKS EVERYONE!! :fing02:

I knew I could do better than what I found. Guess the Google on my computer is lame....or is it the operator? :blink:

Archived