Tool Pouch options

Guest Thy

Guest Thy

Hi guys. My stock tool pouch on my 6th gen is torn. Anyone know where I can find something that will work? I don't need a stock one, but if I have to get one I will. Is there anything available at a wal-mart or something I could use?

I almost got stranded without tools the other day!!

Any help would be appreciated. All internet searches I do for "motorcycle tool pouch" or "motorcycle tool bag" come up with the cheesy leather ones for cruisers that strap to the forks.

Sean

• Member Contributer

go to the $1 store.. i got a nice "wrap" style one.. holds a small ractchet and screwdrivers and other stuff.. it WAS for combs and nail clipers and such! :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

I picked up a textile bag at Target that works great. It's black with skulls on it. I found it in the cosmetic section of all places. No, seriously!!

• Member Contributer

This topic about drove me nuts because I JUST got an e-mail ad for a nice looking tool pouch, but couldn't remember which site it was from and I cleared my trash folder this AM. I searched the net for about 20 minutes before stumbling back across it:

280SL704lg.jpg

LINK

Use couple code "tool25" to get 25% off (which pretty much covers shipping and a cup of home-brewed coffee.

$25.43 shipped

Mals

This topic about drove me nuts because I JUST got an e-mail ad for a nice looking tool pouch, but couldn't remember which site it was from and I cleared my trash folder this AM. I searched the net for about 20 minutes before stumbling back across it:

280SL704lg.jpg

LINK

Use couple code "tool25" to get 25% off (which pretty much covers shipping and a cup of home-brewed coffee.

$25.43 shipped

Mals

DING DING DING! We have a weiner! I'll order one of those up ASAP.

Thank you everyone for your replies!!

• Member Contributer

280SL704lg.jpg

that's the one I have. It rolls up info many shapes with some practice and holds a lot of tools and supplies in it's many pockets. The velcro pockets are nice for extra fasteners like the fairing bolts that sometimes jump ship and wirenuts and stuff like that for emergencies.

Absofulutely love mine.

I had my wife make me a tool roll for my last bike (VTR1000) because it either didn't have one, or it was ripped (can't recall). I thought she'd be annoyed if I left it in the bike, so when I traded it in, I swapped the tools into the VFR's one, then put the VFR's tools into the custom one. It's made of some sort of heavy cottony material, and perfect for the VFR's tools plus the couple of extra ones I added.

Am I missing something? My 07 only came with the spanner for the chain? Did others come with more?

280SL704lg.jpg

that's the one I have. It rolls up info many shapes with some practice and holds a lot of tools and supplies in it's many pockets. The velcro pockets are nice for extra fasteners like the fairing bolts that sometimes jump ship and wirenuts and stuff like that for emergencies.

Absofulutely love mine.

$25.43 shipped

Mals

Does it fit under your seat?

Am I missing something? My 07 only came with the spanner for the chain? Did others come with more?

I have added to my kit substantially. Including sockets, ratchet driven allen wrenches, pliers, small 3/8" drive ratchet, small 1/4" drive ratchet.... Basically whenever I work on my bike I use my tool kit. If I need something not in the kit for something I think I may need while on the road I put it in my tool kit.

Sean

2005 was the last model year that got "full" tool kits. In '06, Honda cut back across the board and stopped including tool kits. :pissed:

2005 was the last model year that got "full" tool kits. In '06, Honda cut back across the board and stopped including tool kits. :pissed:

Save a couple of dollars piss off the customer makes good sense to me.blink.gif

Most of those tools are knuckle breaker garbage anyway. The 2 spanners are the only irreplaceable tools in that bag...

• Member Contributer

I'm guessing you want something fancier than a Ziploc baggie? Cuz that would work...

This is exactly what I would do!

280SL704lg.jpg

LINK

$25.43 shipped

Mals

I can't imagine that (or any roll-type pouch, even) would fit in that tiny space under the seat. This fits?

I can barely get mine under the seat, but I added a few tools and eliminated a few of the stock junk ones.

• Member Contributer

Hi guys. My stock tool pouch on my 6th gen is torn. Anyone know where I can find something that will work? I don't need a stock one, but if I have to get one I will. Is there anything available at a wal-mart or something I could use?

I almost got stranded without tools the other day!!

Any help would be appreciated. All internet searches I do for "motorcycle tool pouch" or "motorcycle tool bag" come up with the cheesy leather ones for cruisers that strap to the forks.

Sean

go to the bathroom section in Target or Walmart where the travel size items are located. They have these small rectangular textile zip up pouches that sell for about a buck or two. They are lightly lined inside and pretty durable. They are about six inches long, three or four inches wide, and have a zipper across the top. This thing should hold all the tools you need, while still being able to be compressed. I usually travel with a few of them -- phone chargers, camera bits, you name it. Easy, light way to compartmentalize smaller items. A great, durable, cheap find.

• Member Contributer

I picked up a textile bag at Target that works great. It's black with skulls on it. I found it in the cosmetic section of all places. No, seriously!!

I just posted about the same bag! I've got a number of them -- including the skull version.

Most of those tools are knuckle breaker garbage anyway. The 2 spanners are the only irreplaceable tools in that bag...

I would have to agree,however if you need a 14mm wrench out on the road some cold wet night,then it's all tears since honda did away with toolsfing02.gif

• Member Contributer

I would have to agree,however if you need a 14mm wrench out on the road some cold wet night,then it's all tears since honda did away with toolsfing02.gif

That's why I have the Honda spanner tools, a mini visegrip, 8,10,12 mm sockets, a 14 mm wrench, a philips and regular screwdriver, and a few zip ties instead of the tools that came with...

• Member Contributer

I use my wife's old cosmetic bag. :fing02:

It is made of some tough stuff and is black.

With a very pretty logo on it :blush:

• Member Contributer

I can't imagine that (or any roll-type pouch, even) would fit in that tiny space under the seat. This fits?

I can barely get mine under the seat, but I added a few tools and eliminated a few of the stock junk ones.

Fits fine in the 5th gen and I've got a CRAPload of extra tools in it (socket set with 8-15mm, ratchet and extension, channel locks, vise grips -extra fasteners, wire nuts -just about everything you could possibly need to do anything. I've even got a tube repair kit and 12v compressor (brown zipper bag), and a multi-meter. Also, there is a tubular document holder, and a stage 1 first aid kit.

It all fits just fine under the Corbin.

gallery_7252_5239_68651.jpg

I did cut out all those silly dividers/holder for a worthless U-lock. Who carries one of those anyway? I lost my faith in them when I found out they can be opened by a Bic pen in about 4 seconds by even an inexperienced thief. I've never bought another Kryptonite lock since then -they are frauds. I don't care if they say they "fixed" the issue. I trust them about as far as I could throw one of their garbage U-locks...

But yeah, that stuff all fits and it is under my seat whenever it isn't being used.

• Member Contributer

I will buy 3 qty of the roadgear bags as have 3 streetbikes, a red one, a silver one, and a black one...and they need specialty tools, so to be OCD this will really help me get things situated and color matching will be quite the fashion statement imo. fing02.gif Well, nixxed that plan, I would buy 3 but code only discounts one item, thats bs , should save on all 3

Let me know if you have a roadgear tool pouch FS cheap.

• Member Contributer

I spent $10 for a small/medium travel shaving kit, which has a variety of clear plastic sleeves, multiple zip compartments and best of all a coat hook that tucks away inside when closed.

When opened, it hangs nicely (from say the pillion handle) holding everything right handy & off the ground.

I use a few zip lock baggies for spare rags and include a few latex auto gloves, incase it's a messy job. Never got a took kit with the bike so I just carry a variety of needed drivers, wrenches, tape, vice grips, zaps straps, etc.

What would be really SWELL is if one you fabricators out there could stamp off a bunch of spanners for chain adjusting. Rather pay you than mother Honda.

Or I guess, posting: WTD - spanner wrench for a 6th gen?

Save on tapping it with a standard screw driver (I can see a bunch of you cringing).

• Member Contributer

It all fits just fine under the Corbin.

I did cut out all those silly dividers/holder for a worthless U-lock. Who carries one of those anyway? I lost my faith in them when I found out they can be opened by a Bic pen in about 4 seconds by even an inexperienced thief. I've never bought another Kryptonite lock since then -they are frauds. I don't care if they say they "fixed" the issue. I trust them about as far as I could throw one of their garbage U-locks...

But yeah, that stuff all fits and it is under my seat whenever it isn't being used.

Wow, I'm going to have to start hacking those dividers out, not sure why I didn't think of that before, good idea. :fing02: I've got a PC2 where you have the tool kit but could fit this pouch in there I think.

Re: Kryptonite. They have a whole new style flat bladed lock now, not much different than a regular key. And, they willingly replaced any of the old style locks free of charge. I sent them a u-lock that had to be 10 years old and got a new one in the mail, free shipping iirc. There are not many companies today that will stand behind their product like Kryptonite did.

Fits fine in the 5th gen and I've got a CRAPload of extra tools in it

My 5th gen has a toolroll, accessory fusebox, disklock, PCII, and a cigarette lighter socket on a long cord (plugged into the fusebox). Used to have the remote reservoir for the Elka under there too, but that's now on a custom aluminium bracket on the left pillion peg bracket. So there's still a wee bit of room left...

Archived