Tool Pouch options

Guest Thy

• Member Contributer

Am I missing something? My 07 only came with the spanner for the chain? Did others come with more?

2005 was the last model year that got "full" tool kits. In '06, Honda cut back across the board and stopped including tool kits. :fing02:

Save a couple of dollars piss off the customer makes good sense to me.blink.gif

I thought I received a pretty good deal on the tool kit I got with the 2009

machine I bought a couple of weeks ago.

gallery_19849_5311_2039390.jpg

Tool Kit supplied with 2009 VFR800 in Brisbane

Is there More then this?

Maybe you US Guys pissed of Honda :goofy:

Am I missing something? My 07 only came with the spanner for the chain? Did others come with more?

2005 was the last model year that got "full" tool kits. In '06, Honda cut back across the board and stopped including tool kits. :fing02:

Is there More then this?

Maybe you US Guys pissed of Honda :goofy:

Everybody loves the Aussies fing02.giffing02.gif

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2010/05/06/aussie-criminals-in-good-taste-shocker/

Where else?????????????

• Member Contributer

That's so funny !!

But no where near as bad as the couple of dumb Aussies that robbed a US store a couple

of years ago with their names Embroidered on their shirts :goofy:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/04/10/2869210.htm

Tom

• Member Contributer

I think everyone in this thread, like me, is simply looking for a reason to buy new cool, tool stuff <insert grunting noises here> :fing02: when a couple of wraps of duct tape around the tear would solve the OP issue. :goofy:

For non-6gen owners, space is a big issue in the vtec tail. The OEM kit barely fits and that's if you somehow get all the tools back in the bag in that correct, magical combination that only one Honda employee back in Japan knows. :tour:

• Member Contributer

Is there More then this?

Maybe you US Guys pissed of Honda :mellow:

Here is the Fiche from the 5th gen kit.

vfrtools.jpg

Looks like you are missing a few parts -mainly the lug wrench! How are you going to get the rear wheel off without that? Also the front axle wrench so you are not getting the front wheel off either. No pulling the wheels off in a dealer or other shop's parking lot if you need to buy tires on the road -pay full price! There is also a feeler gauge that comes with the kit as well. No on-the-road valve adjustments without that!

What would be really SWELL is if one you fabricators out there could stamp off a bunch of spanners for chain adjusting. Rather pay you than mother Honda.

Bike Bandit has the wrenches for $15.75 and $17.02. You'll have to pay another $15.65 for the funny bent "extension handle" if you want that too. For the OP, the plastic case is $4.55. The bag sucks, it's a plastic POS if you ask me -even if it is "padded." I use mine as a place to store a few tools and small accessories for my air compresssor. It tucks in neatly into a recesses of the unit. The motion pro tool rollup is MUCH nicer.

Of course all prices I listed do not include shipping, but if you are an AMA member you get a 10% discount there. I'm not a big fan of Bike Bandit lately as they screwed up my last order and have been sucking for a long time. I just looked there for the the prices as I have them bookmarked. The fact that they give a discount to AMA members is the only reason I'd consider using them these days as there are cheaper places to buy OEM parts online these days.

• Member Contributer

I will buy 3 qty of the roadgear bags as have 3 streetbikes, a red one, a silver one, and a black one...and they need specialty tools, so to be OCD this will really help me get things situated and color matching will be quite the fashion statement imo. fing02.gif Well, nixxed that plan, I would buy 3 but code only discounts one item, thats bs , should save on all 3

Let me know if you have a roadgear tool pouch FS cheap.

I bought 2 from Roadgear a few minutes ago and got an email from Jody at Customer Service saying that even though their website applies the discount for one kit - they will manually apply the credit to every toolkit you order prior to shipping.

I mentioned VFRD in the referral field and she wanted me to let the anyone here who orders more than one toolkit know that the discount is per kit and not per order.

• Member Contributer

2005 was the last model year that got "full" tool kits. In '06, Honda cut back across the board and stopped including tool kits. pissed.gif

Is there More then this?

Maybe you US Guys pissed of Honda biggrin.gif

Looks exactly like the tool kit that came with my '98. Guess notthing has changed.

Archived