Indiana Wrench Session?

JamieDaugherty

• Member Contributer

I know that Seb has been trying to arrange a couple of wrench sessions in the NY area without much luck, but I though that I would throw this out anyway. It looks like Saturday June 27 is going to be a busy day at the ol' Jamie-shop. Right now that plans are to have two fork rebuilds/revalves going that day plus an observer who will be in town and wants to stop by and chat. I don't often get whole bikes (which is handy, because I don't have that much space) so this is kind of a rare occasion and a great time for some guys to get together. It also coincides with a poker run that afternoon for a guy I know that lost his brother in a motorcycle accident about a year ago.

No set schedule, no stress, no worries. Just some simple chatting about bikes and whatnot. If anyone is interested let me know.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Put me down for a maybe. I'm 2.5 hours away.

Jon you have to go :cool: It's 2.5 hours away for me too!

I would love an excuse to get out of Lafayette and ride somewhere and talk suspensions/oogle other peoples bikes.

I don't have anything that needs done though, maybe in the future for forks :laugh:

You wouldn't happen to own the red 6th gen with the tail of the dragon sticker on the tail (right behind the seat cowl)? Just curious, as I used to see that bike on campus a lot.

Mike

Jon you have to go :warranty: It's 2.5 hours away for me too!

I would love an excuse to get out of Lafayette and ride somewhere and talk suspensions/oogle other peoples bikes.

I don't have anything that needs done though, maybe in the future for forks :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Wow I sure don't :491: In fact the only VFRs I have ever seen in this county is a yellow 5th gen (only once too) and action motor sports had a 85 at the dealership for sale for a while.

You wouldn't happen to own the red 6th gen with the tail of the dragon sticker on the tail (right behind the seat cowl)? Just curious, as I used to see that bike on campus a lot.

Mike

Jon you have to go :warranty: It's 2.5 hours away for me too!

I don't have anything that needs done though, maybe in the future for forks :fing02:

Well I have moved away from West Lafayette, but I know there is a red 6th gen and an orange (not really a fan) 6th gen puttering around Purdue. However I wouldn't ride with 98% of the riders I meet or see on campus. YMMV...

Sorry to hijack the thread. :warranty:

Mike

• Member Contributer

Jon you have to go :biggrin: It's 2.5 hours away for me too!

I don't have anything that needs done though, maybe in the future for forks :blush:

No problem fellas, just let me know if I should expect you or not.

Well I have moved away from West Lafayette, but I know there is a red 6th gen and an orange (not really a fan) 6th gen puttering around Purdue. However I wouldn't ride with 98% of the riders I meet or see on campus. YMMV...

Mike

I don't live that way either, anymore (MET here)... but there was a guy from there that was an MSF instructor back in '98... I took the experienced rider course from him on my then new '98, and he had the same bike.

Small world. smile.gif

Are you that guy??? No way... I took the Instructor Prep at Crown Point in '00 after that... Seymour used to be my home range until about 6 years ago... now I teach at Chattanooga State.

What a coincidence.

Woah, wait, hahaha. No I'm not that guy. Sorry

Oh... ok...

Well, at least we got some traffic for Jamie while taking the thread way off topic!

Without further adu... the rest of your thread without my damning input:

Damn on a race weekend no less. I'm up in Indy at least once a month and am in need of boinger overhaul. Let me know if you decide to do another. Oh be sure to check the WERA SE schedule first :happy: .

• Member Contributer
Damn on a race weekend no less. I'm up in Indy at least once a month and am in need of boinger overhaul. Let me know if you decide to do another. Oh be sure to check the WERA SE schedule first :rolleyes: .

Anytime man. I'm doing shock conversions and fork rebuilds/revalves pretty much every weekend. If there isn't any of that work to be done for others I've got plenty of work to do on my own bikes (if you ever saw them you would know what I mean) so there is normally something going on.

• Member Contributer
Quite a ride from west TN to northern IN, isn't it?

5hrs to Indy to see GF whats another hour to work on boingers :biggrin:

It's about 100-120 miles to Indy. So right, about an hour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I might join in the fun, if the weather is decent. You're only about 2 hours from me. :-)

As soon as I hear if my tentative plans are scratched, I'll let ya know!

• Member Contributer
I might join in the fun, if the weather is decent. You're only about 2 hours from me. :-)

Sure, we'd love to have you! It looks like about 2-3 other folks will be here, so nothing too major. That's ok with me. First I need to get the palce cleaned up, there's Ducati parts everywhere!

• Member Contributer

a dollar says that if VFRiderGal signs up, your attendance jumps tenfold. lol

• Member Contributer
a dollar says that if VFRiderGal signs up, your attendance jumps tenfold. lol

Agreed. Plus Laporte isn't that far so she really doesn't have much of an excuse.

Archived