New Rearsets From Sato Racing

shroffman

Question

Hi,

Sato Racing or otherwise known as Babyface in Japan have released new rearset for 6th Gen VFR.

They do look very yummy indeed, no sign of them outside of Japan, but I expect very soon. Not too cheap though!!

Here is the link to the japanese site which includes pics...start drooling now!

http://www.babyface.co.jp/billetvfr800bs.htm

16 answers to this question

What are those prices in dollars? I want the black ones.

vfr800bsbkfitrbf.jpg

*I like how they put them on a bike with a rashed case.

Just looking at this picture it doesnt look like they fold up when they touch down either..

Wouldnt take you long Jeremy and half of that 550 bucks would be all over the gap in the curves... :warranty:

• Member Contributer
Just looking at this picture it doesnt look like they fold up when they touch down either..

Wouldnt take you long Jeremy and half of that 550 bucks would be all over the gap in the curves... :beer:

Rearsets don't fold up. Because of their placement rearward and higher than stock pegs, hard parts besides the footpegs will cause you to lowside before the solid pegs will. The solid pegs also act as frame sliders keeping parts of the bike off the ground in a lowside.

• Member Contributer

I called SATO Racing about 6 months ago, and asked if they had any plans to make rear sets for any of the different generations of the VFR, and I was told nothing pertaining to the VFR was available and they had no plans to offer any in the near future. Looks like they changed their mind... Hopefully they'll release these to the US market, if nothing else just so I can finally spend $500 to have an adjustable gearshift lever. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Not nearly as exotic but way, way cheaper are these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Riser-Plate...emZ380053556062

Yes I checked, the F4i spacing is different. I'd suggest getting him measurements from the VFR and see if he'd do a run in silver. Being able to also move them down and forward would probably be of more interest to more "typical" VFR owners :fing02: and greatly increase the buyers pool, plus there should be no issue with brake or shift linkage adjustment since the whole assemblies are moved.

Could work for those wanting GP style shifting too :fing02:

I doubt it.

vfr800rsgdlfit.jpg

In this picture, it's set up for regular shifting. If you wanted to go to GP, you'd need to flip the linkage near the front, which will only work if you remove the kickstand. Otherwise, the kickstand gets in the way when it's folded up. When I switched my VFR to GP-shifting, this was the problem I ran into.

Alternatively, you could flip the shifter on the rearset upside down (like Vortex did on the 07 CBR600RR). But, this may cause some control issues if you're stepping on the shift linkage (unlike the Vortex setup which places a guard over the linkage).

• Member Contributer

I've got Sato s on my 600rr racebike -- very nice product -- not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

I'm in the process of making some "rearsets" for my 6th Gen. Doubt that I will move the peg location much if any, but I do like the feel of solid mounted pegs over folding pegs. You have more of a "connected" feel to the bike with solid mounted pegs. Plus as Jeremy pointed out, solid mounted pegs do protect the bike somewhat when you go down.

I had made a true set of rear sets for my KTM Duke II where I moved the pegs back about 2" and up about an inch. Made a tremendous difference. I made the Duke rear sets using a set of Woodcroft R6/R1 rear sets and modifying them.

I was talking to the guys at Woodcroft yesterday about a few more parts I need for my project and they gave me an interesting word of warning. They told me that some states (most notably those in the NE) by law require that footpegs fold. It's part of the respective states safety inspection (for the states that have safety inspections for bikes).

If you ever get a chance to look at some close up pics of MotoGP bikes, you'll see that they run solid mounted pegs. MotoGP pegs are mounted in such a way that other parts drag before the pegs do.

I had Sato's on my RC51. NICE! If you crash them, you can buy just the parts you need. And not buy the whole kit. I also had their clip-ons too.

• Member Contributer

I was curious if/when these rearsets would be available for sale in the US, so I emailed Sato Racing--I got their answer 10 minutes later.

===========

Thank you for your e-mail and sending us the link to the forum.

We should be getting some VFR800 rear sets in late September but the

retail price is not available at this time.

Here's what we know so far;

- 6 adjustable mounting positions including stock location

- available in silver, black and gold

- stock shifting pattern only

I was curious if/when these rearsets would be available for sale in the US, so I emailed Sato Racing--I got their answer 10 minutes later.

===========

Thank you for your e-mail and sending us the link to the forum.

We should be getting some VFR800 rear sets in late September but the

retail price is not available at this time.

Here's what we know so far;

- 6 adjustable mounting positions including stock location

- available in silver, black and gold

- stock shifting pattern only

Great! smile.gif

My credit card is high enough now as is! sad.gif

Archived