A Black 02 In The Track

Guest paperino

Guest paperino

2189_TRME090308copy.jpg

Ciao guys... just wanted to share with you some nice pictures a photografer took for me the last time I've been on the track.

Great satisfaction that Sunday because I've demonstrated some fellows the following:

- On the track VFR needs a lot of more power on the straight, everybody know this... <_<

- by the way VFR is an amazing cornering machine, somebody couldn't believe it ... :rolleyes: ...especially the guys I've passed on the external side of the turns.

Here the pics!

1402_TRME090308copy.jpg

2077_TRME090308copy.jpg

And I want to add that I'm surprised by the sticky quality of the Metzler M1 I have on.

Ciao

:wheel:

• Member Contributer

Cool. Was wondering where you've been.

• Member Contributer

Any suspension mods? And why the multi-coloured helmet with all-black otherwise? Don't you realize that all the guys you pass will hold that against you? :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
1402_TRME090308copy.jpg

And I want to add that I'm surprised by the sticky quality of the Metzler M1 I have on.

Ciao

:rolleyes:

Nice, mate! Track days are awesome and, might I had, quite addictive. By the look of things, it seems you know what you're doing: relaxed outside arm, looking deep into the corner and great body positioning :thumbsup:.

As for the tires, yep, they stick way more than what we think they can do. If I'm not mistaken, the problem with street tires is overheating and getting "greassy" after a long period of abuse.

• Member Contributer

Actually these are some really good pictures that everyone should closely inspect. Great form! Also notice that he's draggin knee and yet still has some "chicken strip" left on his rear tire. As one of my riding mentors once told me... the goal is NEVER to run out of tread, as you are running very close to low siding. Again.. great form which I would like to be able to replicate. Nice post man!

Kevin

Any suspension mods?

No Suspension mods installed.

Better cornering and better breaking...yes, suspension are the next mods in my list except if I'll decide to buy a second bike for track only

(or in case Honda decides to release a new VRF :joystick: ).

Even if I should admit that for safety reasons a suspension mod is needed much more for the road use.

Sometimes unevenness of the roads let my rear jumping or shacking...at least on the track I've never had this kind of troubles.

And why the multi-coloured helmet with all-black otherwise? Don't you realize that all the guys you pass will hold that against you? :thumbsup:

ah ah ah ..... you right!!!

For many years I had only black helmets, and dark clothes...I think I got tired of it :D

The next leather suit probably will be white and orange.....yeah I know .....I got to change helmet maybe!!!

:rolleyes:

Nice, mate! Track days are awesome and, might I had, quite addictive. By the look of things, it seems you know what you're doing: relaxed outside arm, looking deep into the corner and great body positioning :thumbsup:.

As for the tires, yep, they stick way more than what we think they can do. If I'm not mistaken, the problem with street tires is overheating and getting "greassy" after a long period of abuse.

thx :rolleyes:

This track is not a really big one and each group runs for 20 minutes at a time, only.

This is the reason why until now I can go safely in without track tiers and without brakes cable mods.

smile.gif

Actually these are some really good pictures that everyone should closely inspect. Great form! Also notice that he's draggin knee and yet still has some "chicken strip" left on his rear tire. As one of my riding mentors once told me... the goal is NEVER to run out of tread, as you are running very close to low siding. Again.. great form which I would like to be able to replicate. Nice post man!

Kevin

I can just reply with a "thanks" here......

• Member Contributer

NICE.....lookin' good for sure............... :thumbsup:

Looking good! :thumbsup:

Try the M3's, even better grip and longer life! :thumbsup:

In a while I got to change the rear tire.....maybe I'll try it.

thanks

smile.gif

• Member Contributer

Want to go faster in the straights? You need to ditch that rear parachute...I mean license plate. :pissed: :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Great pics.... looking like an '09 calender shoe in!!

:pissed: Yep, but he has to wash his bike first... :lol:

The first shot is great. I think because you can see your eyes focused on where you're going.

Those locked on target gunfighter eyes. All business. :thumbsup:

Want to go faster in the straights? You need to ditch that rear parachute...I mean license plate. :idea3: :thumbsup:

:lol: you right.

But since in this track it is allowed to enter with the full street setup.... smile.gif

Moreover, I believe that the italian license plate in a Greek track it's really annoying for whom that can read it

:goofy:

Great pics.... looking like an '09 calender shoe in!!

:beer: Yep, but he has to wash his bike first... :lol:

eehhhmmm....maybe I can blur it with Photoshop

smile.gif

That first pic is what we should all aspire to! Not that I'm an expert, but that's about as perfect as a rider's position can be! A thing of beauty!

Well done and hope you thanked your photog many many times as that's simply a magazine cover-worthy shot!

That first pic is what we should all aspire to! Not that I'm an expert, but that's about as perfect as a rider's position can be! A thing of beauty!

Well done and hope you thanked your photog many many times as that's simply a magazine cover-worthy shot!

I'm flattered.....

Thanks all of you guys for the nice (maybe too nice) words you spent for me!!!

:unsure:

Yes...I thanked the photographer pretty much!!!

Archived