Vfr Rotors

Guest toplesSV

Question

23 answers to this question

Are all vfr rotors interchangable from 3rd gen and up?

and

what rotors from other bikes work with the VFR?

A. No.

B. Not sure about the older bikes, but CBR600F4(not F4i) rotors will fit the 5th & 6th gen wheels. The same *may* apply for earlier CBR's --> earlier VFR's, but I'm not sire on that. Try a brake manufacturer's site(like EBC), and see what their cross-referencelist brings up.

That said, CBR929/954 rotors(330mm) will fit the F4i wheel, and I have a set to sell if you might use them. :beer: /shameless plug. :goofy:

how about rear rotor?

Honda used the same rear rotor across the board on almost every bike they built!

Stay away from whatever drugs this guy is taken! :unsure:

:goofy:

Well, all except for the VFR anyway, it seems! EBC lists the same part number for: CB599, CBR600F2, F3, F4, F4i, All RR's from '93 - current, RC51 and the SuperChicken... but no listing for the VFR at all, from any manufacturer listed in Dennis Kirk... :goofy:

I would think it a pretty good guess to say that they will interchange up to '98, when they changed the swingarm. But I don't know for sure.

Just say no Kev! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Seb is right about the front rotors. I checked Ron Ayers today and the only other motorcycle whose front rotors have the same part number as the 6th gen. VFR is the CBR600F4. I'm pretty sure it was only manufactured from '99-'02 (after which it became fuel injected and it became the CBR600F4i).

Seb is right about the front rotors. I checked Ron Ayers today and the only other motorcycle whose front rotors have the same part number as the 6th gen. VFR is the CBR600F4. I'm pretty sure it was only manufactured from '99-'02 (after which it became fuel injected and it became the CBR600F4i).

CBR600F4 was produced from 98-2000, F4i was 2001-2006(my F4i is an '01). :thumbsup:

Seb is right about the front rotors.

Aaanyway, enough about rotors already, Keystone have you got the rest of the series of pics your avatar was lifted from? I remember seeing them a few years back and she is a hottie! :goofy:

The Superchicken?? :goofy: :blink: :wacko: :blink: :wacko: :blink: :wacko: :blink:

SuperHawk. I had a 1973 Thunderbird once for a short while, it was named the ThunderChicken. Hence the carry-over... :goofy:

CBR600F4 was produced from 98-2000, F4i was 2001-2006(my F4i is an '01). :thumbsup:

Actually in the USA F4's were model years 99-00 only! :goofy:

thanks for the info!

yes, 3rd gen swinger on my 2000 SV. If that makes me on drugs then bring on the pipe!

I was talking about Seb being the drugy, saying all Honda rear rotors were the same! :goofy:

How about a pic of your SV? :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pics, it's going to be sweet! :thumbsup: Is that a GSXR front end?

More details please, I really SV's! :thumbsup:

Thats a 2003GSXR 750 front end, but im not using it. I have some 2002 GSXR1000 forks im putting in there only because they look better (gold and black). Frame is getting powdercoated dark gun metal grey and wheels are at the powder coater right now. They are like a brown/bronze/yellow/goldish color. I am also have a 2006 R6 shock to use, three fully adjustable settings. Next winter the motor gets worked over. Hopefully the 700cc kit with bigger carbs and alot of money outta my pocket.

• Member Contributer
Hopefully the 700cc kit with bigger carbs

Looking very cool - love the rounded SV frames! :blink:

I've heard of early SV's converted to EFI using megasquirt and GSXR throttle bodies etc. Might be worth a go? - had a link round here somewhere

as for VFR 800 rotors, and compatability - definatly the 600F4's fit

CBR600F4 99-00

CBR900RR 92-93

GL1500C 97-01

Pic of my BRAKING disks on a F4 wheel.

wdiscs.jpg

Galfer do a rear disc www.galferusa.com model number is DF029 they fit all VFR's 1990 750 - 2007/8 800

How extensive was the chop job to get the 3rd gen swinger to fit?

not to bad, had to shim down the inside of the sv frame and get custom exhaust bend around the swingarm.

• Member Contributer
Seb is right about the front rotors. I checked Ron Ayers today and the only other motorcycle whose front rotors have the same part number as the 6th gen. VFR is the CBR600F4.

VTR1000F SuperHawk rotors are also 296mm and should fit - if I remember correctly they have the same carrier bolt pattern and offset, just a different carrier 'design', hence the different part #.

Archived