Teaser!

SEBSPEED

Rough estimate of the goal, special thanks to BlueFireIce & Toro1 for the p'shop help! Lots of details will be changing, I will list most of the mods/parts used later. As you can tell this is not a true restoration, but I can guarantee that the bike will be better than new! :thumbsup:

GrayBlackBlackWhiteBigger.jpg

Guest FLYONWALL9

SSSAAAAWEET!

MAN OH MAN, tape up that frame before you go near it with tools wink.gif

Curious, what did the rim coat cost? I just epoxy coated mine and

hope I get a good year or two out of it. The factory believe it or not

used paint on NC/RC's so they chip anyway over time. I would like

to know how well it holds up for you with cleaning solvents degreasers

and so forth.

Looks like a fun project!

I'm going to be putting a LOT of wax on those wheels! :P

I had the frame, swingarm, upper triple, and wheels done by a friend of the family(in a professional shop) for $200. Regular cost is $85 per wheel, $115 for a frame. :thumbsup:

Go Seb, go! And I'm glad you settled on that paint job. Excellent scheme! Will it be done by May? Now THAT is the question! You would certainly be forgiven for trailering if that was in it (from the guy that trailered down last year). :thumbsup:

I can't tell from the pics if the seat was shop'd or not, but if you're in need of recovering it (your imagination is the limit), believe me, I'm the guy to talk to.

Go Seb, go! And I'm glad you settled on that paint job. Excellent scheme! Will it be done by May? Now THAT is the question! You would certainly be forgiven for trailering if that was in it (from the guy that trailered down last year). :thumbsup:

I can't tell from the pics if the seat was shop'd or not, but if you're in need of recovering it (your imagination is the limit), believe me, I'm the guy to talk to.

Yeah, actually I do have a plan for the seat... can I send you a pic?

Guest BlueFireIce

Wow man, looking good, can't wait to see what this thing looks like "real" and done. Glad I could help with the color scheme!

Good luck with it, will be waiting for more photos! :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

Looking great! :rolleyes:

I love the white wheels but it seems like they would be so much maintenance. What's that shock from again?

Must post more pics! :thumbsup:

Looking great! :beer:

I love the white wheels but it seems like they would be so much maintenance. What's that shock from again?

Must post more pics! :thumbsup:

The shock was built for Chev(Zack) by Works Performance for his VF700F. I bought it from him when he popped his motor, along with his gas tank, rear fairing, and some other assorted bits. His weight is just a little higher than mine, so it should be set up well for my kind of riding. Front end will be taken care of with .95 Sonic springs, and RaceTech's Emulators(in VF1000R forks).

edit - more pics and story/write-up coming, might not have tie today though. Every day is a busy day. <_< :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer
edit - more pics and story/write-up coming, might not have tie today though. Every day is a busy day. <_< :rolleyes:

Well, at least you put "teaser" in the subject line. :P Looking good so far!

Well, at least you put "teaser" in the subject line. :P Looking good so far!

Heh, I'd be happy to oblige w/ a few more pics from my break here at work... except Photobucket is now blocked here. <_<

There is nothing like a bare frame straight from the powder coaters. It's a blank canvas and beautiful on it's on. Did they mask all the bolt holes and such?

There is nothing like a bare frame straight from the powder coaters. It's a blank canvas and beautiful on it's on. Did they mask all the bolt holes and such?

Yes, everything was plugged or masked where I specified, except for one side of the front wheel. the guy goofed and only masked the left rotor mount posts, not the right, so I have a little careful grinding to do. No big deal, I went through the same thing with the chrome wheels I bought for my F4i, pc should be easier to get off.

Are you SURE you want the grayshades paint job? That RWB scheme looks dynamite against the black with the white wheels.

Larry

VFRrider

It sure does, but I dare to be different. :D

edit - then again, I do have a second set of bodywork... could always do both! The 700 will likely die a death of a thousand pieces anyway...

• Member Contributer
2-6-08012.jpg

RWB makes me feel all tingly. :rolleyes: It would look really sweet with that black frame. Guess I'll have to buy one and do it. :lol: