Where Do You Keep Your Phone When You Ride?

Guest Gap Trash

Where do you keep your cell phone when you are riding?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you keep your cell phone when you are riding?

• In a tank bag, or somewhere else on my bike.
    • I keep my phone on my person.

• Member Contributer

When travelling, inside the tank bag in a ziplock bag to protect from the elements. I see the point of keeping it on your person. I may try that. It'll still be in a ziplock though, no need to get the phone wet. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

switched off

the world can wait when I ride (or are having a crap.....) :P

In my jacket. I have an earpiece but have not used it. Having been intimately involved with trauma for seven years now, I feel the need to have a lifeline close at hand. I will take bruised ribs if it means I get to keep living. "Lose a limb to save a life." If a guy can cut off his own hand to get free from the boulder that is crushing him in the wilderness, I can put up with sore ribs.

Oh, and the laptop goes in the back protector pocket. :goofy:

After reading an article about a local rider who was thrown from his bike (HD) and injured so badly he could not get himself back up to the road, I started keeping it on my person. This guy layed in the weeds for 3 DAYS until a person walking along the road heard him in the brush. No one knew where the rider was headed that day just as many of us give our wives a general route but we tend to just follow our front wheel wherever it decides to go some days. After his recovery, he said he had a phone in his saddle bags and could hear it ringing but couldn't get to his bike. My phone will forever be in my jacket.

+1.gif

This is why I carry mine in my front leather jacket pocket, but it's has to be turned off or I sometime get many false radar singles! <_<

If I crash and can't move, I would at least have a chance of getting it out of my pocket which will always be hooked to me or I'll have no need to call anyone! :goofy: I could care less about a bruise vs dieing down in a ditch because no one can see me laying there! :goofy:

Depends. It's almost always in my front jacket pocket. But, if it's raining out then I'll sometimes stick it in my tank bag so it'll stay dry (especially if I get caught in the rain and I forgot to bring my rain liners).

Depends. It's almost always in my front jacket pocket. But, if it's raining out then I'll sometimes stick it in my tank bag so it'll stay dry (especially if I get caught in the rain and I forgot to bring my rain liners).

I always carry Ziplock bags in my tail bag for this like this when raining, one goes over my V1 too! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

I found that a simple rubber band or some duct tape works well for a hands free system....have to trim back the helmet liner a tad....the duct tape works best but is MUCH harder to remove at the end of the day!!!

hands-free-cell-phone.jpg

ductphone.jpg

I found that a simple rubber band or some duct tape works well for a hands free system....have to trim back the helmet liner a tad....the duct tape works best but is MUCH harder to remove at the end of the day!!!

hands-free-cell-phone.jpg

ductphone.jpg

I happen to have a lot of these handfree adapter sets that I am willing to sell to VFRD members for the one time only, amazing price of $49.95 each, please contact me for details.

Wow, this posting has been a bit of an eye opener for me. I have always carried my phone in my tank bag mostly as a "in case of emergency" type thing. Now it will be in my jacket pocket. It never donned on me that I may not be able to reach it after a crash. Thanks!

Wow, this posting has been a bit of an eye opener for me. I have always carried my phone in my tank bag mostly as a "in case of emergency" type thing. Now it will be in my jacket pocket. It never donned on me that I may not be able to reach it after a crash. Thanks!

I was beginning to think the same thing. Just hope I don't crush the phone and make it useless if I land on it. <_<

I was beginning to think the same thing. Just hope I don't crush the phone and make it useless if I land on it. <_<

It will be useless if the bike lands on it!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I keep it in the inside breast pocket. All 3 of my jackets have them, even the 2 piece suit. I have been down twice with the phone in my pocket. Both times no problem from the phone, even though I did break three ribs on the other side from my arm. The phone will be no good if you cant get to it. The only reason I have a cell phone is to contact my wife when riding, otherwise I dont use it. She likes for me to call because I often go on long rides solo.

• Member Contributer
I keep it in the inside breast pocket. All 3 of my jackets have them, even the 2 piece suit. I have been down twice with the phone in my pocket. Both times no problem from the phone, even though I did break three ribs on the other side from my arm. The phone will be no good if you cant get to it. The only reason I have a cell phone is to contact my wife when riding, otherwise I dont use it. She likes for me to call because I often go on long rides solo.

My phone's primary function also......she gets a little worried if too many hours go by and she hasn't heard from me....... :rolleyes:

Darth, the force is not strong with you!! Just a quick brain-teaser: How much more likelihood is there of you crashing and sliding away fro your bike, when it's raining???

Get a waterproof riding jacket or a baggy!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
With the Zumo and a BT phone you can easily see if you are called

2880173620099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

Hope your wife hasn't seen the IGNORE! button...

I normally carry mine in my tank bag for several reasons:

1) Less likely to injure me by falling on it.

2) Less likely to break due to me falling on it.

3) Less likely to stimulate me by vibrating while fantasizing about hot chicks and cause an "accident" :unsure:

I've actually put a lot of thought into this on multiple occasions and still keep it in my tank bag. I had considered the unable to get to bike scenario described by ScooterTrash and XXXX(forgot who had the other story dangit!) and haven't convinced myself that where I ride I'm likely to be undiscovered for very long. I am going to rethink the breast pocket thing as it may be reasonably safe for me & the phone as the probability of severe impact to that area is probably less than other locations on ones body.

Archived