2007 Rwb (white Wheels)

MetalHedd

Here we go. I like that Honda decided to do the throw-back Red White & Blue color scheme on the 2007 VFR. Just for the record... I really woulda just liked a whole new Viffer instead, but hey this is a good way to prolong the current generation according to Honda. That's a whole nother topic tho!

Now I swear I seen someone do it up at VFRD before the model was actually debuted by Honda in 2007. Does that mean that Honda designers might actually read this forum? Let's hope so! So anyhow, I've seen a lot of people with pics of their '07 RWB's here on VFRD, but nobody is really moddin them out. I mean it's not like Honda got it perfect on the overall look of the 25th anniversary VFR. I personally wish they woulda went with white wheels. It definitely woulda flowed better than the all black wheel that they commonly used. This was the all-out model anyway!

So I searched and searched and really never found anything. I was gonna ask someone here to do a photoshop just to see what it'd look like with white wheels instead. However I hate waiting! So I decided to do it myself smile.gif Now I am by no means a Photoshop guru people. It's a hobby at best. I think this one turned out pretty good tho, so I'm gonna post it here for anyone else who thinks the white woulda sealed the deal. Lemme know what ya guys think.

- Patrick

Factory Original

gallery_5822_3570_54838.jpg

Honda_VFR800_2007-RWB(Original).jpg

White Wheels

gallery_5822_3570_63591.jpg

Honda_VFR800_2007-RWB(By-MetalHedd).jpg

[ugly rear fender gone too!!]

-- Added --

ALL 3 VERSIONS

VFR800--RWB-By-MetalHedd.gif

[Transitions between each version every 3 sec.]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yakking on about wheels, I didn't like the black wheels on my '99, so I had them coated silver like the 2001 models. Looks better on a red bike, IMO.

Fast forward to the MC show in Edmonton last weekend, saw the '08 VFR and it was Silver with Silver wheels.

Now if any bike NEEDED black wheels, it was this one:

Interceptor_Metallic_Silver.jpg

Actually, I was at Al Lamb's Honda here in Dallas, and they had one that they had painted the wheels white on.

I wouldn't have noticed if they hadn't of pointed it out to me, but it sure was clean!

Kool! Go snap some pics of it so we can see a real one done-up.

I agree with the comment about the black looking too heavy especially on a bike with a SSSA. The tires are black by nature, so painting the wheels black on this model just ruins that bad-ass RWB color scheme.

I'd also like to thank everyone for not dissin' my photo-choppin. I know this is a hard group to please so I was hesitant about posting. Glad I did tho as white seems to garner the majority vote. Why doesn't Honda listen to this forum?? We got some smart/talented people here!

I'll see if I got time to do the black-out stuff. We may be givin some RWB owners ideas here. Anybody else is more than welcome to beat me to it tho :thumbsup:

Oh btw found this....

gallery_5822_3570_3432.jpg

Honda VFR800 - 2007 RWB (White Rims - Left Side).jpg

• Member Contributer
The black wheels would look good if the rims had a RED stripe on the lip. It goes with the color scheme and helps set the tire apart from the rim.

Like this . . .

DSCN1107.jpg

Added red reflective tape, sets off the wheel and adds a bit of visability at night.

• Member Contributer
Thank you. (right now, I'm sitt'n on 6 of them). :thumbsup:

You're pressure testing them now?

:beer:

Yah, and boy does my a$$ hurt. LOL.

Auspañol,

I love that look. Maybe even 1/16" stripes. Blue around the red.

Pic coming up.

• Member Contributer

Now that looks good! It's what Honda should have done in the first place.

gallery_5822_3570_63591.jpg

Honda_VFR800_2007-RWB(By-MetalHedd).jpg

BMW just came out with a new bike that has a similar paint scheme. I forget what it's called but it's got blue wheels (it's not the K1200S; this one's got a boxer twin.) Anyway, that's what this one reminds me of. I'll post a picture of it in a few days.

gallery_10463_2879_1708075.jpg

Now that looks good! It's what Honda should have done in the first place.

Said it once and I'll say it again... I fully agree! Now we are all privy to the fact that you can:

1) Take the wheels off your bike. [Not simple on the front. Cake on the SS rear rim tho.]

2) Take the tires off the rim. [Done this before and it's not easy/clean without tire machine.]

3) Remove Black paint from wheel. [Messy and time consuming if you DIY. Can probably have them blasted tho.]

4) Have powder-coater do wheels in White and add a protective clearcoat to them.

5) Re-mount/balance tires.

6) Reassemble!

I'd say that's easily about $200 and a lot of your time or probably $500 if you have it all done for you. Guess that's the price you pay to customize an otherwise sharp-lookin bike. Still think Honda shoulda delivered 'em this way and saved buyers a little cash for a sweet exhaust. :thumbsup: And we wonder why they'll be left-over units in dealerships years from now. Oh well... easier to pick-up a brand new bike on the cheap!

• Member Contributer

1) Removing the front wheel is easier than it looks. Get someone to help you.

2) Take the rims to a dealership or local mc shop and have them remove the tires for you. Since they've got the right equipment, it's a simple and quick job (i.e. it shouldn't cost much.)

3) Have the guy doing the powder coating do it for you. They've got the right stuff to make it relatively easy.

4) Give Pete Rambo at sotmc.com a call. He specializes in motorcycles and his rates are very reasonable. If you use parcel post (i.e. snail mail), shipping won't be as much as you think. He does fantastic work.

5) Have the dealership or local mc shop put the tires on and balance them. Again, it shouldn't cost that much.

6) Yes, the rear wheel is a piece of cake. But trust me, the front wheel isn't difficult at all (I've even done it.)

The money you spend will be worth it. You'll be much happier and you're gonna get a lot of compliments on them. It'll be one head-turning bike, that's for sure.

***OK***

This is all well and good, but who is going to be the first brave soul to paint their bike in the reverse paint scheme??

Replace the blue with the red, the red with the blue, and a red fender.

Two versions; one with red wheels, one with white.

I demand to see!!! :idea3:

Like this:

hirosi_15a.jpg

I would half the finder in the same line as the red stripe. Where it would be

red towards the front and white towards the back to get them to blend better

rather than stick out. Make the red taper around its point in the back like it

does at the back of the tank if you were looking down on it from the front.

Now that's just alittle beyond my photochop skills (or keenness do do it! Hehehe) But it could work. So mean mean taper in towards the back, wider up front for the red "stripe" on the fender. On the top front part? Hmmmmm. I don't reckon the white fender sticks out at all. If I get a spare hour I'll try what you suggest... but then you'll owe me a beer!!

Sorry I mean taper as in how some get hair cut in the back taper in that case

means rounded like it does on the back side of the tank. How it rounds around

the back of it. The stripe tapers in size from the front of the bike so it would need

to keep its scale on the bottom line and extend to top redline out onto the finder.

Does that help any? I know I could paint it but I would need the bike left with me

for ohhhhhh a week would work :thumbsup:

Permission to crack a joke:

Em Seb, em, less Bengay&Coke ok? You've gone daltexic, that's daltonic and dislexic all together... hahaha :idea3: :beer:

I think it's replace the blue with the white, the white with the red and the red with the blue. And that fender in your photo is white!!!!

Mother Honda, forgive them, they know not what they type!!!

:squid:

:beer: :beer: beer's on me mate!!!

Whatever dude, just don't mix my white with your green... :deer: :lol:

:goofy:

I just threw the pic up to show that I meant the '85 scheme - on the 700, not the 1000F as you described! :P

vf1000f-84.jpg

OK first of all, these pics get me all hot and bothered. Now...we still haven't seen the blacked out pegs or the white mirrors. Maybe blue mirrors. I was thinkin my yellow was sexy, but...DAMN. I likey the RWB. and that lid that matches rocks.

• Member Contributer

White wheels for girls.

Black wheels for men. Fire away!!

A bike for everybody! :thumbsup:

I just wish Honda VFR wheels were of much better quality. They're heavy as heck, the spokes are huge, the inside of the spokes are ROUGH CAST...that's criminal, just plain criminal,... and the paint quality that Honda uses on wheels is junk. Other than that, very fine wheels. There are some other brands out there with very fine quality wheels. Honda isn't one of them.

OPEN FIRE!!! :idea3:

• Member Contributer
I couldn't agree more on the wheel quality... Perhaps in efforts to keep bikes like the

vfr costing 15k?

AS far as the white goes... :idea3:

I would gladly pay more for lighter wheels as on my off brand bike. Those wheels are very significantly lighter. With that much less unsprung weight, the VFR handling would be a LOT better!!

:idea3: OH I agree! But I think that they make and sell VFR's to be in a price bracket

and style of bike to fill a hole. If they were to supply say Black Stones, or

Marchesini, heck I would settle for some PVM's the price goes up that extra

3k. Nothing says you cant put em on now though.

The white wheels are a definate improvement over blac imo. The 5th gen models black wheels with black tires look terrible. A nice addition to the red VFR's is polished aluminum wheels.

Permission to crack a joke:

Em Seb, em, less Bengay&Coke ok? You've gone daltexic, that's daltonic and dislexic all together... hahaha :lurk: :warranty:

I think it's replace the blue with the white, the white with the red and the red with the blue. And that fender in your photo is white!!!!

Mother Honda, forgive them, they know not what they type!!!

:warranty:

:beer: :beer: beer's on me mate!!!

Whatever dude, just don't mix my white with your green... :deer: :lol:

I just threw the pic up to show that I meant the '85 scheme - on the 700, not the 1000F as you described! :P

vf1000f-84.jpg

Ahaaaa, touchééé olé!! You're reading it backwards dude!! Hahaha. I mean, you're taking what I said and applying it to the 700 instead of to the VTECker, looks like I'm just gunna have to photoshop it to prove it!! (What's the bet you've done this on purpose just to trick me into getting what you want???)

Rivcyko, the blue hugger looks great. Blends with the predominant blue of that part of the bike, and the white definitely does it for the fender as a logical extension of the swathe of white between redstripes (as I already demonstrated). As far as FLYONWALL9 is concerned. YOU'VE LOST ME COMPLETELY PAL!!! :blink: :blink: I think your second description of how you want it to taper has tapered my understanding down to a micrometric scale!!! Sorry dude. Besides, it doesn¡t really matter, if you run the red stripe down further (tapering out, ie, making it wider, in the same trend or ratio it already has, its "extension" doesn't quite touch the fender, at best a smidgin, which would mean an oval shaped patch on the very uppermost surface.

LOOKY:

rwb2liners0.jpg

Trav, I'll be attending to Sebgirth's request, lucky I'm on sick leave... I was going to suggest you try the red fender with a red hugger and see if it doesn't balance out, just the red fender is "fugly" (Baileyrock: VFRD: 01/21/08), but you never know... might make for hugger sales...

Archived