2007 Rwb (white Wheels)

MetalHedd

White wheels for girls.

Black wheels for men. Fire away!!

A bike for everybody! :thumbsup:

I just wish Honda VFR wheels were of much better quality. They're heavy as heck, the spokes are huge, the inside of the spokes are ROUGH CAST...that's criminal, just plain criminal,... and the paint quality that Honda uses on wheels is junk. Other than that, very fine wheels. There are some other brands out there with very fine quality wheels. Honda isn't one of them.

OPEN FIRE!!! :lurk:

Hahahaha, that cracks me up!!! "Honda wheels are an absolute abomination, the worst piece of crud ever made on the planet, jeeezuz, even the Neanderthals had already discovered the wheel. Honda wheels are utter crap, cheap materials, rough finish, shoddy workmanship and way too expensive, but, other than that very fine wheels!!!

:warranty: :warranty: :blink: :blink:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10-4 the black lines help me out... Layin here on pain pills, I guess I should

have gotten out a ruler.... SORRY, carry on... Your beer sir :lurk:

• Member Contributer
White wheels for girls.

I just wish Honda VFR wheels were of much better quality. They're heavy as heck, the spokes are huge, the inside of the spokes are ROUGH CAST...that's criminal, just plain criminal,... and the paint quality that Honda uses on wheels is junk. Other than that, very fine wheels. There are some other brands out there with very fine quality wheels. Honda isn't one of them.

Hahahaha, that cracks me up!!! "Honda wheels are an absolute abomination, the worst piece of crud ever made on the planet, jeeezuz, even the Neanderthals had already discovered the wheel. Honda wheels are utter crap, cheap materials, rough finish, shoddy workmanship and way too expensive, but, other than that very fine wheels!!!

:warranty: :blink: :blink: :goofy:

I'm shocked!! Someone relates to what I typed... :warranty:

• Member Contributer
White wheels for girls.

:warranty: :blink: :blink: :goofy:

I'm shocked!! Someone relates to what I typed... :warranty:

Happens every once in a while Buddy................... :goofy:

Well I don't know what happen to the thread around the 3rd page. Seems to attract the haters and trollers that really have nothing to add to the topic when threads get popular enough. That asside tho, I did get some time to black-out the exhaust, rear-sets, and passenger pegs. I think it actually looks pretty good so I'll post it up here with two images. The first one is just a blacked-out version with the white wheels. The second is an animated gif with all three to compare. I did try the white fender idea, but didn't like it. Too much white ya know. Rim-stripes also give that candy-cane look which I don't really dig. I think it distracts from the bike and it really isn't needed to make white wheels stand out. They do a pretty good jo of that on their own. So without further ado...

Blacked-Out Version

gallery_5822_3570_137721.jpg

ALL 3 VERSIONS

VFR800--RWB-By-MetalHedd.gif

[Transitions between each version every 3 sec.]

....most threads wouldn't be a lot of fun if they just totally "stuck to the facts". A little bit of "Off Topic" makes it more like actual person to person discussion.

Hey skuut, I hear ya. If you think Off-Topic is fun, then you'll enjoy this!! :thumbsup:

I own a VFR800 and a CBR929 and i ride 'em every chance I get. I like motorcycles, motorcycle people, and talking about motorcycles just the same. I think you've mistaken my comments tho. This thread was obviously about the 2007 RWB VFR and the styling that Honda chose. It's clearly in the "body and paint" section where it should be. There is a clearly marked section in the forums to talk about riding and what-not. That's not this section. However you get the "trollers" (which is the proper term) that jump on the thread and can't help themselves from posting because they NEED attention. Absolutely nothing to add to the topic... and they double-post their worthless replies at that! Then comes the followers. Check page 3 and I think you'll see what I mean.

Now maybe I'm just a little edgy cuz I can't ride right now. Snow and salt on the roads just doesn't make for an enjoyable riding experience. <_< So the next best thing I can do is talk about bikes and do a little Photoshoppin that I wouldn't dream of doing while it was actually summer time and nice out. When people NAG you that you should be riding... it just reminds me of those annoying idiots in real life that interrupt in the middle of a interesting conversation with something totally off-subject. However nobody has the heart to tell that person how rude/annoying they are and thus that person decides it's alright to act that way because they get attention for it. Trust me, these aren't the kinda people you wanna stick up for and defend. AND I DO HAVE THE HEART TO TELL THEM!

To those people I say start your own topic in the right place. You got a problem with people talkin about bike customization instead of talkin about riding the bikes? Make up a thread about it. Put it in the appropriate section. Don't clutter-up existing threads. It's called forum etiquette. Read the sticky's and learn it! I guess I'm just sick of reading interesting threads that you gotta sort through all the crap posts just to get to the good info. Not exactly my idea of "fun". I also think it's equally sad that I had to give this much effort just to explain something so trivial. Will I get the babies that are like "ur sooo mean!" or "chillax dood!!"? Be surprised if I didn't. With that said, back to THE TOPIC...

//Rantage

Man you do a professional job there Metalhedd

First of all... thanks for stayin on topic. Second... thanks for the props! I put a little bit of time into messin around with my copy of Photoshop Elements. I learned a lot doin this and most of what you see was my first foray into changing static photos without making them look too touched-up and fake. I tell ya it's not easy and requires a lotta patience.

If I could give ya some tips, the first would be to get a graphics pad for computer aided drawing. I use a Wacom Graphire. Think it was less than $100. You need this as a regular mouse only goes so far. Next you must learn layering and how to merge those layers. Transparencies and opacities... it's all important. The trick that I use to not lose the 3D effect of the original lighting is using a color/lighting change on a different layer. You obviously have to make this layer from the original. The "magic wand" set to the right tolerances is your friend. You can speed up your selection using a polygonal selector and then an anti aliased wand for your edges. Helps with the blending. Don't be surprised if you have to blend a little by hand.

...And just so you know, I did end up using the mouse instead of the pad as I didn't feel like diggin it out from storage. It is possible to get good results. The pad is way more faster tho and gives you much more control. It's like your actually drawing on the picture and it's pressure sensitive. That you can't get from a simple computer mouse. Hope that helps ya get started.

:thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

These pics are posted on the HRCA website, and this bike was in the most recent copy of RedRider. (Is that the right name for Honda's publication? Feel like I'll shoot my eye out...)

It's tooooo much for my taste, however, it is quite unique.

theme_102323227_2007041973211_3.jpg

theme_102323227_2007041973211_7.jpg

theme_102323227_2007041973211_5.jpg

theme_102323227_2007041973211_6.jpg

theme_102323227_2007041973211_2.jpg

Great find VFR79!

I was thinkin about changing the seat color, but definitely not to an all-white. I was gonna do a design or something along that line. However, I find myself diggin the white because it provides a simple continuity from the front fairings and tank to the rear cowl. I wouldn't wanna have to clean it tho. The White wheels you know most of us like on this model.

Now to the over-the-top. Fender accents... ehh maybe. The windscreen looks good from the cockpit (even tho ya really can't use it), but the front side was a big mistake. The red mirrors tho?? C'mon... and that damn Honda rear fender. Hacksaw time!! Replace it with the Rivcyko blue rear hugger. Form and function. :thumbsup:

I think the hardest thing when you're modifying an original design is to integrate everything together and not change things for the sake of modification. I like to keep it simple and easy and looking like the bike could have came from the factory that way. To each his own tho. I definitely gleaned some ideas from these pics so thanks again '79.

--Asside--

Oh and Auspanol. You're totally right man. I've just been doing a lot of reading and seeing way too much thread-crappin lately. I don't know how else to put it lol! I HATE SPAM!! The mods must have their hands full. With a public forum, what are ya really gonna expect tho? Being that I started the thread, I check up on it from time to time and I see the same stupid posts everytime. After the 10th time, and then seeing someone actually defend the thread-jackers that was it! I said my piece and then moved on. Don't get me wrong, I definitely want people with something logical or important to say to post-up. I think VFRD is one of the best motorcycle forums around.

• Member Contributer

Well, I own a RWB and aside from adding the matching blue Rivcyko rear hugger and the thin reflective red stripe to my black rims I like it just the way Honda shipped it to me.

Only thing I may look into is getting the rims stripped and getting them dipped with Black Chrome:

http://www.fastforwardwheels.com/files/Car...k_Gloss_900.jpg

• 2 months later...
That RWB might look great with Red wheels..............

Looks pretty damn good with blue wheels too!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gallery_10463_2879_1708075.jpg

Anyone know where I can get a helmet done like that? Nice...

• Member Contributer

My vote:

1) white rims (with no stripes)

2) blue fender (but get Seb to supersport it)

3) remove the passenger grab rails & footpeg assemblies

4) stock windshield

5) stock exhaust

6) get Kanadian Ken's rear fender eliminator

Now that would look GOOD!

Permission to crack a joke:

Em Seb, em, less Bengay&Coke ok? You've gone daltexic, that's daltonic and dislexic all together... hahaha :goofy: :comp13:

I think it's replace the blue with the white, the white with the red and the red with the blue. And that fender in your photo is white!!!!

Mother Honda, forgive them, they know not what they type!!!

:laugh:

:beer: :beer: beer's on me mate!!!

Whatever dude, just don't mix my white with your green... :deer: :lol:

:goofy:

I just threw the pic up to show that I meant the '85 scheme - on the 700, not the 1000F as you described! :P

vf1000f-84.jpg

Ahaaaa, touchƩƩƩ olƩ!! You're reading it backwards dude!! Hahaha. I mean, you're taking what I said and applying it to the 700 instead of to the VTECker, looks like I'm just gunna have to photoshop it to prove it!! (What's the bet you've done this on purpose just to trick me into getting what you want???)

:goofy:

Rivcyko, the blue hugger looks great. Blends with the predominant blue of that part of the bike, and the white definitely does it for the fender as a logical extension of the swathe of white between redstripes (as I already demonstrated). As far as FLYONWALL9 is concerned. YOU'VE LOST ME COMPLETELY PAL!!! :blink: :blink: I think your second description of how you want it to taper has tapered my understanding down to a micrometric scale!!! Sorry dude. Besides, it doesnĀ”t really matter, if you run the red stripe down further (tapering out, ie, making it wider, in the same trend or ratio it already has, its "extension" doesn't quite touch the fender, at best a smidgin, which would mean an oval shaped patch on the very uppermost surface.

LOOKY:

rwb2liners0.jpg

Trav, I'll be attending to Sebgirth's request, lucky I'm on sick leave... I was going to suggest you try the red fender with a red hugger and see if it doesn't balance out, just the red fender is "fugly" (Baileyrock: VFRD: 01/21/08), but you never know... might make for hugger sales...

rwb2sz3F.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see the vfr rwb with golden wheels and clutch cover. Might be a little to much (5 colors inc black) but i like gold :fing02:

• 1 year later...

The 25th anniversary VFR should have white wheels . The real begining of the vfr era began with the 86 VFR 750 (RWB) and white wheels. They are more work to keep clean but they are worth it . The black just doesn't cut it. There is one on E-bay with white wheels and it is sharp.

White wheels on the 25th anniversary edition absolutely rock. Just keep your S-100 handy for cleanup.

power clean work great too. I just did my new RWB wheel in a pearl white to match the body.. Should have came that way!!

• Member Contributer

No need for photoshop...real one in person. Later, JD

gallery_15237_4482_1279542.jpg

100_0726.JPG

gallery_15237_4482_310269.jpg

100_0738.JPG

gallery_15237_4646_256783.jpg

100_0973.JPG

• 10 months later...

Hi Guys,

Can anyone "Photoshop" some gold wheel rims onto the RWB to see how good it looks.

White ... whilst looking good, is a pain to keep clean and the gold would hide roas grimme better.

Warren

Archived