Bristol Bbq Ride - Pictures!

gallery_9912_2484_1315950.jpg

Here are some pictures from the Bristol BBQ Ride. I did try to put these in the Ride Report Forum but I kept getting a message indicating that I did not have permission to start a thread in the forum. :rolleyes:

So many VFRs!

gallery_9912_2484_341939.jpg

CIMG0233.JPG

Snake Baby!

gallery_9912_2484_993224.jpg

CIMG0232.JPG

Riders in the mist!

gallery_9912_2484_1179823.jpg

CIMG0231.JPG

What a view!!

gallery_9912_2484_1034472.jpg

CIMG0230.JPG

gallery_9912_2484_497406.jpg

CIMG0227.JPG

gallery_9912_2484_758315.jpg

CIMG0226.JPG

gallery_9912_2484_315592.jpg

CIMG0225.JPG

gallery_9912_2484_1184891.jpg

CIMG0224.JPG

gallery_9912_2484_1840604.jpg

CIMG0222.JPG

gallery_9912_2484_792982.jpg

CIMG0221.JPG

gallery_9912_2484_1619635.jpg

CIMG0219.JPG

gallery_9912_2484_1030674.jpg

CIMG0218.JPG

Who are these guys??

gallery_9912_2484_701921.jpg

CIMG0228.JPG

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showforum=70

try there, as i i think you was trying to put it in the featured ride reports wich i think are mod selected and moved there.

you really dont know hom much i kick myself daily for missing that trip.

even a few people i recognise in the pics! Hi viperRon!

you sure do get around man.

Don't make the same mistake twice! I missed it too!! And I live here. How uninformed was I? :rolleyes:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showforum=70

try there, as i i think you was trying to put it in the featured ride reports wich i think are mod selected and moved there.

you really dont know hom much i kick myself daily for missing that trip.

even a few people i recognise in the pics! Hi viperRon!

you sure do get around man.

Don't make the same mistake twice! I missed it too!! And I live here. How uninformed was I? :rolleyes:

i would just claim it was due to alcholism if i was you :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

That is definetly some great countryside. I'm gonna' have to get up there one week and do some riding............great pics....................... :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Nice pictures, John! Now we see the results of you running all over while we were taking rest breaks.

Here's the only picture I took with my crappy camera.

gallery_4940_1843_71079.jpg

Oops Ron and I parked in the wrong lot at the rest area. We really wanted to get to Pantera Bread!

• Member Contributer

BBQ ride and not ONE PIC of said BBQ? :blink:

Ahh, probably just as well as it's probably that funky pork stuff anyway! wink.gif

BBQ ride and not ONE PIC of said BBQ? :huh:

Ahh, probably just as well as it's probably that funky pork stuff anyway! wink.gif

It's an inside joke, I'm sure the story will come out! :blink:

BBQ ride and not ONE PIC of said BBQ? :blink:

Well....... a few of us - probably 15, missed the ride to the BBQ, had bad directions - spent a beautiful 40 miles of Interstate 81 looking for it. We ended up gassing up the bikes, riding another 40 miles in interstate and ended up at the Outback 100 yrds from the hotel! :blink:

So.... though it was a great BBQ ride, most of us did not experience the BBQ! :P

However, that just means the non-BBQ group MUST go back - :huh:

How does the last week in October work for everyone??

• Member Contributer

LOL, sounds like a good excuse to me for another ride!

I kinda did the same thing on a group ride. At the first stop light leaving the motel, I realized I had forgotten my camelback and quickly retrieved it. Too late, they were long gone on an impromptu route and I thought I could catch them before the road split. Well I knew where we'd meet for lunch so I rode by myself till then.

• Member Contributer
Nice pictures, John! Now we see the results of you running all over while we were taking rest breaks.

Here's the only picture I took with my crappy camera.

gallery_4940_1843_71079.jpg

Oops Ron and I parked in the wrong lot at the rest area.

We really wanted to get to Pantera Bread!

LOL. WWWHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

sjr2.jpg

Sweet. I'm-a gonn-a haft-er git a new spine, and git in on some of these.

• Forum CEO
I did try to put these in the Ride Report Forum but I kept getting a message indicating that I did not have permission to start a thread in the forum. :rolleyes:

"featured" ride reports are shown on the homepage, you cannot post directly in that forum since it shows up on the homepage. If I allowed that then all sorts of nonsensical posts would be up on the homepage. It is reserved for topics deemed worthy of the homepage - which this topic is one of! BTW it says this right on the forum page where you click on it, appearantly you did not read that? There have been some really odd stuff posted here over the years and I dont want that showing up on the homepage as a feature! You can always post in the ride reports forum, - featured ride reports is actually a subforum of "Ride Reports"

• Member Contributer

Exactly what road is the "tunnel-through-the-rock" on and the same info for the old country store.......my kinda' places....... :thumbsup:....glad this finally got "front-paged"

Exactly what road is the "tunnel-through-the-rock" on and the same info for the old country store.......my kinda' places....... :thumbsup: ....glad this finally got "front-paged"

Tunnel Through Rock is Rt133 - it intersects 421 at Shady Valley - very cool loop you can make. Not sure on the BBQ place - never made it, but Charlie has directions....... I never got my BBQ fill. <_<

Exactly what road is the "tunnel-through-the-rock" on and the same info for the old country store.......my kinda' places....... :thumbsup: ....glad this finally got "front-paged"

Tunnel Through Rock is Rt133 - it intersects 421 at Shady Valley - very cool loop you can make. Not sure on the BBQ place - never made it, but Charlie has directions....... I never got my BBQ fill. <_<

The tunnel is in a national recreation area. It is called "BACKBONE ROCK" it is claimed to be the worlds shortest tunnel, there is a nice little hiking trail that takes you to the top above the road.

You cant miss the country store. It is on the corner of 421, 91, and 133.

• Member Contributer

I think I can finally post pix...

gallery_7288_3389_17497.jpg

DSC01501.JPG

Lunch stop in Little Switzerland...Erich shouldn't drink so much.

gallery_7288_3389_106319.jpg

DSC01444.JPG

More amazing fall rides on amazing VA, TN, NC, KY roads...

gallery_7288_3389_110711.jpg

DSC01474.JPG

More playing with the camera and different angles...but you shouldn't play with the camera even during the relaxed twisty large group ride because you never when Brian is gonna kick a box....

and that box will spin wildly towrds you....so you kick it before it gets one of the riders behind...Only to become forcefully lodged on your boot.

gallery_7288_3389_14040.jpg

DSC01531.JPG

Sure you can shake it...more than a few times is OK in this instance...but it is stubborn, so you snap a quick photo and put the camera back in the tank to reach down and remove it.

Only to have this guy take matters into his own hands..eerrrr...into his own boot and remove it for you as he rides past.gallery_7288_3389_110711.jpg

DSC01474.JPG

I almost peed myself laughing at the absurdity of the situation.

The Country Store in The Colonels' Pictures is at the top of Big Walker Moutain on Hwy 52 in Wythe county. The ride to the top isn't that long but it is one of the best around.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived