Pilot Powers Mileage Report

skuuter

• Member Contributer

Well, the Pilot Powers rolled over 3000 miles on the way to work this morning on the Speed Triple. Just checked em'.....maybe 1/2 wear in the center, a little better toward the sides. Been running 42® & 38(F) during the week commuting.....sometime 38® & 36(F) on weekends in the twisties and the Mid-Tn ride. I think 6000 is easily attainable for me with 7000 still a possibility. A new set will definetly go back on after these though. These have a lot less wear than the ones on the VFR had at 2600 miles...to be expected with the considerable weight difference...................... :thumbsup:

The real beauty of these tires for me is how well they hold their shape. I do a fair bit of communting(300 miles/wk) betwen the twisty weekend rides and the the PP hold their shape better that any other tire I've used. Most others square off pretty quick and generally fell like crap after a month or two. I have yet to have a PP slip on me either, other than an occaisional gravel/sand slippage. With that kind of grip and mileage these PP's rocks. I'll be interested in the P Road 2CT if they ever get here.

Well, the Pilot Powers rolled over 3000 miles on the way to work this morning on the Speed Triple. Just checked em'.....maybe 1/2 wear in the center, a little better toward the sides. Been running 42® & 38(F) during the week commuting.....sometime 38® & 36(F) on weekends in the twisties and the Mid-Tn ride. I think 6000 is easily attainable for me with 7000 still a possibility. A new set will definetly go back on after these though. These have a lot less wear than the ones on the VFR had at 2600 miles...to be expected with the considerable weight difference...................... :thumbsup:

skutter, do you like the tripple more than the vfr? what are some of the differences

• Member Contributer

skutter, do you like the tripple more than the vfr? what are some of the differences

Man, this is the wrong forum to really do VFR to whatever comparos...but...my VFR "was" my all time favorite motorcycle until I got the Triple. Now, that being said, if I could only own one motorcycle, I would still own the 06 VFR. It did everything real well...twisties, commuting, 2-up, hard luggage...the list goes on. My wife rides her own bike also, and we have a Honda cruiser to 2-up on comfortably, so..............the Speed Triple is now my all time favorite bike because it fits well, has more bottom to top seamless torque, lighter, massive brakes, quick steering...and (IMO) killer looks. Love the engine, and everything sits out in the open for easy maintenance. Bottom line is: It's "MY" bike for all my solo riding, and me and the Triumph logo go way back to my earliest riding days. They are great bikes with great fit and finish.......Besides I like being different............. :thumbsup: :beer:

Well, the Pilot Powers rolled over 3000 miles on the way to work this morning on the Speed Triple. Just checked em'.....maybe 1/2 wear in the center,

I don't know why, but that second 1/2 of tire thread depth never even comes close to last'n as long as the first 1/2...Could be just me :beer:

• Member Contributer

With the old man mileage I put on mine, they look like they'll last to over 6k, too. They still look like new with only about 1,500 on them, so I'm not the best judge of tire life. I do like everything about their handling and ride characteristics.

I plan to practice some panic stops again this weekend. Doing this definitely scrubs off a bit of rubber. <_<

I plan to practice some panic stops again this weekend.

We prefer that those be referred to as “emergency stops” not “panic stops” :beer:

• Member Contributer
I plan to practice some panic stops again this weekend.

We prefer that those be referred to as “emergency stops” not “panic stops” :beer:

Oh, don't worry, I'm practicing those, too! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

2300 miles on my rear PP tire and they are down to the wear bars. I ride two up 50% of the time and ride with a tank bag and top case filled with gear and a small cooler 100% of the time. I am 250lbs and my wife is about 120lbs. I will be replacing it with a pilot Road next week. Tons of life left on the front Pilot Power so it stays.

• Member Contributer

On my 2nd set of PP. Probably get at least 9000 miles. My favorite so far!!!!

Here is my "Report" on the Pilot Powers:

~ i LOVE 'em ~

~ Wow, i cannot say enuf good stuff about them ~

~ after only 80 miles i could tell that they are by far the best i have every had ~

(and using them i hope to start learning what the term "rail" means)

:beer: :goofy: :pissed: Why-oh-why did it take me so long to try a pair? !!dumb dumb dumb!!!

• Member Contributer

Pilot Powers continue to be the tire to beat for all around performance and mileage.

I sure wish I could get some of the mileage listed in this thread.

Pilot Powers continue to be the tire to beat for all around performance and mileage.

I just got 2200 miles out of a set of Diablos, what would that be w/ Powers? 2400? :beer:

• Member Contributer

I just got 2200 miles out of a set of Diablos, what would that be w/ Powers? 2400? :goofy:

Yea, 2400-2600 miles.

My last Power rear was in the cords long before 2K :beer:

'03' with about 40% as 2 up with luggage (bike and gear weigh in at 640 lbs) got 5000 miles, came home with the cord showing? Last size of Powers 4000 miles and they were toast.

Switched to Avon ST 45/46 and have 6000 with about 2K to go. Traction seems the same, wet or dry. Have done a track day with these though.

siggyj

Glad to hear all these good things about the PP's since that will be the next set of tires and a HUGE step up from the current D205's to go on my bike. After the bank funds fill back up a little bit I will probably have to shell out the $175 bucks for my set in about 2 weeks...and am I ever looking forward to getting them on the bike!!! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

I just got 2200 miles out of a set of Diablos, what would that be w/ Powers? 2400? :goofy:

Yea, 2400-2600 miles.

My last Power rear was in the cords long before 2K :idea3:

You two Hooligans need to slow down......might save tire and emergency room $$$$$................ :goofy:

Glad to hear all these good things about the PP's since that will be the next set of tires and a HUGE step up from the current D205's to go on my bike. After the bank funds fill back up a little bit I will probably have to shell out the $175 bucks for my set in about 2 weeks...and am I ever looking forward to getting them on the bike!!! :thumbsup:

175$ for a set of PP's, Where? Best I've seen is 240 delivered from Sportbiketrackgear.

Mech,

Pilot Powers $210 for set and I think free shipping?? There is where I was going to buy them, best price I had found online which the link I found on here.

That was til I talked to the guy I know at the Harley shop who bought a Silver VFR like mine after me referring him towards one and the $175 is the price he gets them for which will be where I get it from. That is also where I got my D205 front tire for $70 so its not an online price. I see your in TN so if you would like I could ask him about an extra set...I wouldn't think he is limited on how many he can get for that price, he is some kind of service manager.

PM me and let me know.

• Member Contributer

hhhmmmm

must try PP's since I get 4,000km from a rear BT020....... :thumbsup:

a full set PP comes in at Euro 300 fitted; that is $400.........

BT020 cost 10 euro's more........

• Member Contributer
hhhmmmm

must try PP's since I get 4,000km from a rear BT020....... :thumbsup:

a full set PP comes in at Euro 300 fitted; that is $400.........

BT020 cost 10 euro's more........

If you've never tried a set Dutchy, you will like em'........................ :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
If you've never tried a set Dutchy, you will like em'........................ :thumbsup:

well, at the trip to Douglasthecook to have him sign the flaf, I thought I got a good excuse for PP's since there appeared to be a nail in the rear......

(kinda forgot about it later, doing around 180 on the Autobahn...)

When I pulled it at home, it was not nail but probably a critical part of an A-10 engine Douglas forgot to mount :P

The rear is fine, which means :thumbsup: or :unsure: , depending on how you look at it....

being Dutch (read scoogy like hell) it is :thumbsup:

Archived