New Tires Are On The Gixxer

Guest 767fixer

Guest 767fixer

Finally killed the Pilot Race compounds. I thought and researched what i wanted to replace them with, finally decided that for my commuting, i had better go sport touring compound. my choices came down to...

Bridgestone 021's

Pirelli diablo strada

avon storm

conti road attack

after research i finally settled on the avon storms. mainly due to the pretty tread pattern. althought the conti's sure look cool. the strada's were ugly, plus i had them before. the 021's were butt ugly.

Ride report.

i have ridden 10 miles from where they were installed to get home. the pretty shiny stuff they put on them is starting to disappear. it upset me a bit. I am starting to think it may be a manufacturing defect. the gixxer looks odd with that much tread on the back. those grooves are deep! handling wise the bike still turned left and right so i was impressed. i was afraid with new tires i might have lost some of that handling the pilot race's had. i must say the braking is really good. i came to a stop light and the bike stopped just like before. they seemed to handle accelleration in similiar fashion. tread life seems fantastic, as the mold "tits" are still there after the whole 10 miles. Best thing is they still have that new tire smell.

• Member Contributer
after research i finally settled on the avon storms. mainly due to the pretty tread pattern. althought the conti's sure look cool. the strada's were ugly, plus i had them before. the 021's were butt ugly.

lol

• Member Contributer

Hammer ( Mike) had a set of storms put on for our Gap trip last month and I know he was really impressed with them. How are they in a straight line Fixer +1.gif

Finally killed the Pilot Race compounds. I thought and researched what i wanted to replace them with, finally decided that for my commuting, i had better go sport touring compound. my choices came down to...

Bridgestone 021's

Pirelli diablo strada

avon storm

conti road attack

Ride report.

i have ridden 10 miles from where they were installed to get home. the pretty shiny stuff they put on them is starting to disappear. it upset me a bit. I am starting to think it may be a manufacturing defect. the gixxer looks odd with that much tread on the back. those grooves are deep! handling wise the bike still turned left and right so i was impressed. i was afraid with new tires i might have lost some of that handling the pilot race's had. i must say the braking is really good. i came to a stop light and the bike stopped just like before. they seemed to handle accelleration in similiar fashion. tread life seems fantastic, as the mold "tits" are still there after the whole 10 miles. Best thing is they still have that new tire smell.

WOW! Ten whole miles and no wear at all? That's amazing! I hear that you can put some Armor All on the tread and make them shine again. You should try that and see how it works out for you. :goofy:

Guest 767fixer
Did you follow your carefully explained procedure for airing them up?! :P

damn!!! i forgot! :unsure: is my how to still on the forum???

• Member Contributer
Nitrogen in them tires, right? :goofy:

I need pictures. <_<

pictures....i got your pictures!!! smile.gif

naca004.jpg

naca003.jpg

naca002.jpg

Now thats good tire! :goofy:

Guest 767fixer
[

a sexy tread pattern isnt it? smile.gif but why is the shiny areas only on the far sides after a 10 mile ride?? i expected better durability :unsure:

• Member Contributer
[

a sexy tread pattern isnt it? smile.gif but why is the shiny areas only on the far sides after a 10 mile ride?? i expected better durability :unsure:

My rear bt021 has 1000's of miles on it and is wearing nice and even! Incredible durability albeit an "ugly" tread pattern :goofy: Then again I've never looked at a bike and thought - I'd love to have that bike in my garage, but what were they thinking with those tires??? Bridgestone has been kicking some major a$$ in motogp and is the only tire used by F1, not that there's a whole lot of trickle down effect to their sport touring models.

Hopefully that's just the shiny coating they put on the tire and not actual wear.

Wait, did you really put sport touring tires on a gixxer? :rolleyes:

Guest 767fixer
Hopefully that's just the shiny coating they put on the tire and not actual wear.

Wait, did you really put sport touring tires on a gixxer? :rolleyes:

the gixxer is my every day commute to work. couldnt justify tires like the pilot race's or power's that would only get worn in the center.

Guest 767fixer
Looks like you have a KFC between your house and the dealer?? :joystick:

you would figure after just dropping you last bike that you would know you don't ride them rough in the first 10 miles :goofy: :goofy:

touche' smile.gif

you would figure after just dropping you last bike that you would know you don't ride them rough in the first 10 miles :unsure: :goofy:

I can only hope it's my last drop. :goofy:

Guest 767fixer

you would figure after just dropping you last bike that you would know you don't ride them rough in the first 10 miles :goofy: :goofy:

I can only hope it's my last drop. :rolleyes:

thats why i cant stand the saying "Good to the last drop"

feeling good on the first, second...ect is clearly not going to happen. <_<

you would figure after just dropping you last bike that you would know you don't ride them rough in the first 10 miles :unsure: :goofy:

I can only hope it's my last drop. :goofy:

Did you hit a coffee can? :goofy:

I can only hope it's good to the last drop. :goofy:

Did you hit a coffee can? :goofy:

Seb it took me a minute to figure out what you were saying, been a loooong day on the lake. I was in Tampa last month and saw PhantomFixxerGixxer's bike, his old tires were balled up pretty badly. I couldn't figure out why since the on ramps didn't even have curves. Turns out a belt sander really does work wonders. :goofy:

Archived