Speed Pack For 6th Gen?

Dariusx

• Member Contributer

gallery_11542_3151_57016.jpeg

azmotorsports_1953_22651577.jpeg

I stumbled across this cool looking speed pack on a Gen 5. Does anyone have or could recommend where to get something similar for a Gen 6? (not the mammoth side bags: )

If I remember right, the 5th gen has a split seat... the 6th has a one piece seat. This makes me wonder how they would make that part for a 6th gen. My point is that I don't think it exists, but if you find it, post up! smile.gif

nope, 5th gen has a single seat. However, my question is: why would you want to take the worst part of a busa and transplant it onto your bike?

• Member Contributer

Try a Google/Google Images search and you might find a link or two that will get you closer to either a manufacturer or distributor.

• Member Contributer
nope, 5th gen has a single seat. However, my question is: why would you want to take the worst part of a busa and transplant it onto your bike?

Well, styling opinions are subjective. I am sure a guy with 'busa quite fancies his bulge :salesman:

I like the notion of having a convenient little trunk and don't think it takes from the flow of the bike that much at all, especially with matching color.

really, ok... what was the deal with that smuggler seat then? Now I am all confused (ok, so I was always confused... now it's common knowledge) smile.gif

really, ok... what was the deal with that smuggler seat then? Now I am all confused (ok, so I was always confused... now it's common knowledge) smile.gif

I believe that was an option from corbin. You could buy a solo seat with smuggler.

• Member Contributer

Thurn (I think) makes a small trunk that fits under the rear seat with a built in LED that replaces the stock lights. I think you use your same seat and cowl, but can't be certain. I just found one on EBay while I was scanning around. If you type in VFR chainguard, you will see an aluminum one with VFR cut out of it. The same company that is selling that, had the trunk.

I would post up a link, but my work firewall blocks EBay after 1:00 pm. <_<

Good Luck.

• Member Contributer

Sargent makes the only split seat for the 5th gen. It comes stock with a one piece seat and the corbin is also a one piece.

I would like something like this only because the top boxes are so hideously Goldwingish that I can't bring myself to buy one.

• Member Contributer
I would like something like this only because the top boxes are so hideously Goldwingish that I can't bring myself to buy one.

That's exactly why something like this would be perfect for me also...I will eat okra before I get a top box!

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the suggestions...I like the look of the Axio from what I see on the website, I wish it was a little bigger to accomodate my laptop and other junk.

With all the talent available in this forum, I wonder how feasible it would be for someone here to design and fabricate a hard trunk, thats spacious, sporty, and integral to the bikes styling. :huh:

• Member Contributer
Thanks for the suggestions...I like the look of the Axio from what I see on the website, I wish it was a little bigger to accomodate my laptop and other junk.

With all the talent available in this forum, I wonder how feasible it would be for someone here to design and fabricate a hard trunk, thats spacious, sporty, and integral to the bikes styling. :huh:

LOL. I'm out!

• Member Contributer

This is a Givi Speedpack, it may be attached to the seat as shown and it can also be worn as a back pack. It also can be expanded because there is a black flexible material between the base and the yellow plastic hump. I saw one of these at the Chicago motorcycle show a few years back, the company that had it there was a motorcycle resort and parts dealer that was from the Deals Gap area, it was on clearance for $50, down from the list price of some $400. Even though the yellow was suppose to match the Ducati yellow it also appeared to be a close match to the 2000 VFR yellow, as I tried to imagine it on the back of my bike the mental image did not set well with me. But those mammoth side bags would look great on my bike IMHO, they also provide a great deal of secure storage for those longer road trips.

RideNow has them for $199.95 in a several colors.

http://store.azmusa.com/gis7sptaandb.html

• Member Contributer
Oh, a Busa bulge! :wub:

Me no likey! :huh:

So, 767fixer is busy eradicating NACA ducts... Any volunteers to make the world free of Busa humps?

HEY,...KIP!!!!!!!!!!!! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Reminds me of the "hump" on my old TLR. I could pack for a week in that hump!

The TL hump is decidely nicer looking than the gayness of the 'busa bump...

Here's my old TL. I miss that bike... Gotta love a VTwin liter bike, even if it had the worst suspension ever.

Picture362.jpg

I found the link that I was talking about. Check this out for a small Vtec trunk.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VFR-800-V-Tec-Cover-f-...0QQcmdZViewItem

I just saw that the other day too, it is really tiny though. And the gem of a light cluster that the stock bike has was one of the selling points of the VTEC for me, I don't think I could ever lose it in favor of that thing.

37a5_12.JPG

46e2_12.JPG

3aba_12.JPG

gallery_11542_3151_57016.jpeg

azmotorsports_1953_22651577.jpeg

I stumbled across this cool looking speed pack on a Gen 5. Does anyone have or could recommend where to get something similar for a Gen 6? (not the mammoth side bags: )

I've got one on my 6th gen.

I made up a bracket which sits on top of the pillion grabs, to keep the straps tidy.

upload.jpg

upload-1.jpg

They seem to be available here, but it may be an old link. If not google 'Fastbag' which seem to be an identical design. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

I've got one on my 6th gen.

I made up a bracket which sits on top of the pillion grabs, to keep the straps tidy.

upload.jpg

upload-1.jpg

They seem to be available here, but it may be an old link. If not google 'Fastbag' which seem to be an identical design. :thumbsup:

That looks like it might work...I hope they have it in white!

Archived