Touring In Norway

Guest RoteEddie

Guest RoteEddie

Hardanger_vfr_mot-jondal.jpg

I thought I'd share some photos of my local playing ground. Not strictly VFR content as I have sold my 00' VFR for an Aprilia Tuono R.

I live in Bergen, the 2nd largest town in Norway. It is on the westc oast of Norway, and close to all the best riding scenery and roads Norway have to offer. Basically lots of twisty roads snaking their way between mountains and fjords smile.gif

The last few weeks I have been playing with the idea of buying and restoring a 94' - 97' VFR, and if possible make it available for loan/renting to fellow bikers wanting to experience Norway on 2 wheels. I'll be happy to guide you :beer:

Enjoy the scenery!

Hardanger_vfr_kvam-foss.jpg

vfr_nordheimsund.jpg

vfr_hardanger_joekul.jpg

vfr_hardanger_lofthus.jpg

Tuono_hardanger_280307_1.jpg

Tuono_hardanger_280307_2.jpg

Tuono_hardanger_280307_3.jpg

Tuono_hardanger_060607_1.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00508.jpg

DSC00510.jpg

DSC00511-1.jpg

DSC00512.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

Tuono_hardanger_Kilen_1.jpg

Tuono_hardanger_Kilen_2.jpg

Tuono_hardanger_Kilen_3.jpg

Tuono_hardanger_Kilen_4.jpg

Tuono_hardanger_Kilen_5.jpg

Tuono_hardanger_Kilen_7.jpg

Tuono_hardanger_Kilen_8.jpg

P6150003.jpg

P6150011.jpg

P6150009.jpg

P6150007.jpg

P6150001.jpg

P6150002.jpg

that is beautiful country....i love to see places with the steep mtns and snow tops in summer.

oh yeah, the blue VFR is gorgeious too.

Yeah, can you share some more details on what are the best roads in that area. Would love to ride there some day. Has been a few years since I was in Norway, beautiful country.

Nice rides :unsure:

• Member Contributer
I thought I'd share some photos of my local playing ground. Not strictly VFR content as I have sold my 00' VFR for an Aprilia Tuono R.

I live in Bergen, the 2nd largest town in Norway. It is on the westc oast of Norway, and close to all the best riding scenery and roads Norway have to offer. Basically lots of twisty roads snaking their way between mountains and fjords smile.gif

The last few weeks I have been playing with the idea of buying and restoring a 94' - 97' VFR, and if possible make it available for loan/renting to fellow bikers wanting to experience Norway on 2 wheels. I'll be happy to guide you :unsure:

Enjoy the scenery!

ah yes, Norway. Great memories of riding up from Kristiansand before ultimately enduring an unscheduled 16 night stay at Amot Hospital following a bike meets ditch incident at Vinje.

Life lesson #5: don't try reading a tank map AND taking a corner at the same time.

Nice hospital and friendly nurses. Not too keen on the goats cheese and rye bread though.

Fantastic country & scenery the bits I did see.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived