Turnsignal Mirrors - Again

Veefer800Canuck

• Member Contributer

They are adjustable to the hilt too. You can pivot them front to back, up and down, and rotate the mirror as well. But the coolest is that the stalk can be shortened or lenthened, there is a set screw that allows you to pull them in and out. Get them out wide enough for touring, pull them back in for sleak points. I will own a set asap!!!

• Member Contributer
I really like the concept of these, but I'm not sure I like the looks. For what they cost, I'd want to be ecstatic about them...

Well, they cost nearly what those of us that want and don't have Y2K mirrors do, plus they have signals, so we could be ecstatic. You already have them, so there less "ecstaticity" avaliable for you.

Here's a different version of the Thurn mirrors:

th_PB070578-1.jpg th_PB070579-1.jpg

Thurn markets these ones mirrors as 6th gen mirrors and the ones veefer800canuck posted as 5th gen mirrors. Of course, there's no reason why you could put either set on the 5th or 6th gens since the stock mirrors are compatible.

Thurn markets these ones mirrors as 6th gen mirrors and the ones veefer800canuck posted as 5th gen mirrors. Of course, there's no reason why you could put either set on the 5th or 6th gens since the stock mirrors are compatible.

How difficult is it to wire them?

• Member Contributer
English please....Is there a place to buy them here in the states?

You can get them through eBay, http://stores.ebay.com/THURN-MOTORSPORT.

I've been eyeing them myself. I will say, Aprilia RSVR mirrors >don't< fit the 5G... :schla15:

Edited by vfrcapn

Guest bluedragon

:pissed:

keep in mind i once almost burned my step-dads truck down playing with the wires in the radio :schla15:

Very slick!

Any chance you might post a pic like MFP-2241 showing how they look at night?

Any idea whether they would fit a 3rd gen? Could very well end up on the christmas wish list ...

:fing02:

• Member Contributer

+1.gif

keep in mind i once almost burned my step-dads truck down playing with the wires in the radio :fing02:

Bah! Just get 'em and bring it all over to my place. The signal wiring is pretty easy. As an added benefit, when your bike starts to misbehave we can show it my bike, which is in various pieces at the moment for damage inspection.

Too bad your stock mirrors won't fit my bike, I could use them...

Guest bluedragon

+1.gif

keep in mind i once almost burned my step-dads truck down playing with the wires in the radio :fing02:

Bah! Just get 'em and bring it all over to my place. The signal wiring is pretty easy. As an added benefit, when your bike starts to misbehave we can show it my bike, which is in various pieces at the moment for damage inspection.

Too bad your stock mirrors won't fit my bike, I could use them...

still trying to convince the boss(beth) that this is actually a safety feature, with better visibility for stuff behind me and for people to see me . I actually think i might be able to pull this one off +1.gif

• Member Contributer

If you want these for Spring you better order now, THURN is a good seller and I am very pleased with my multi-adjustable foot peg brackets....just expect a MIN of 30 days shipping from Germany is all, These are on Ebay , Thanks DOUG

• Member Contributer
maybe im :fing02: but the ones i find at the ebay store do not appear to be the same as above

http://cgi.ebay.com/Honda-VFR-800-V-Tec-LE...0QQcmdZViewItem

That kinda sucks. The 5th gen mirror is much nicer than the 6th gen. That is the only offering from Thurn for the 6th gen, and it is ugly...

• Member Contributer

On another computer I have a link to mirrors that I will post where you can choose your bases, stalks, choose different mirrors with adjustable mirror and LED's built in. They are very nice.