Turnsignal Mirrors - Again

Veefer800Canuck

• Member Contributer

Here is the link to the other mirrors I was talking of: www.cyccon.com/

Like I said, you choose which bases you want (for VFR) and they send you two sets, you choose which stalk design you want and which mirror design you want.

the guys name is Fred and is very helpful and quick to reply via email.

• Member Contributer
Here is the link to the other mirrors I was talking of: www.cyccon.com/

Like I said, you choose which bases you want (for VFR) and they send you two sets, you choose which stalk design you want and which mirror design you want.

the guys name is Fred and is very helpful and quick to reply via email.

Do you own these?

Cyccon Mirrors

• Member Contributer

Combine those telescoping mirrors with a nice set of extenders and the rear view should be fantastic! I think they look pretty daing cool...too rich for my blood...

• Member Contributer
No I don't own them...YET... I talked to a guy who does have them on his VFR and he said they are fantastic.

What kind of price do they go for?

Here's a different version of the Thurn mirrors:

th_PB070578-1.jpg th_PB070579-1.jpg

Thurn markets these ones mirrors as 6th gen mirrors and the ones veefer800canuck posted as 5th gen mirrors. Of course, there's no reason why you could put either set on the 5th or 6th gens since the stock mirrors are compatible.

How difficult is it to wire them?

Easy as eating pie :thumbsup:

Each blinker only has 2 wires & being lights it doesn't matter which way you connect both wires -/+ so long as you connect both. The normal blinker will have both wires going into a lug you simply cut lug off bike wiring & connect new blinker wires to wires you just removed from bike wiring lug. You can even be a pro & get a new male/female connector from your local electronics store. I would say you would also need to drill a hole in your fairing to allow wiring to pass through as normal mirrors have no wiring. If for some reason blinker lights need to be wired correctly you can work out the neutral easy enough because it will be same color wire both sides.

Edited by zRoYz

• 1 year later...
Guest 92yellowveefer
Here's a different version of the Thurn mirrors:

Thurn markets these ones mirrors as 6th gen mirrors and the ones veefer800canuck posted as 5th gen mirrors. Of course, there's no reason why you could put either set on the 5th or 6th gens since the stock mirrors are compatible.

How difficult is it to wire them?

Just a heads-up on an eBay seller listing these as compatible with 90-97 VFRs - they're not. I had the misfortune of ordering these mirrors for my third gen (92) Veefer, and am going through a battle with the seller. I even asked the seller ahead of time if these were compatible, as his lsiting photos show securing nuts on the bottom end of the bot shafts - his reply was that they installed the same as the originals. He was wrong. So ultimately, once you get them and try to install them (on the third gen model), you cannot use the provided hardware/bolts, as they are made to be secured from the backside, not top down. The mounting plate has a deep channel tha the hex head of the bolt fits down and locks into, preventing them from actually being torqued down. So you can't simply torque these into the stock fairing nuts. Additionally, the channels in the base are narrower that the heads of the stock mirror bolts, so you can't use those either. The seller's response is that I should never have expected installation hardware/compatible bolts in the first place - and then got really insulting in his responses.

You can check out the sordid details at http://vfrworld.com/forums/gear-accessorie...ed-mirrors.html

Edited by 92yellowveefer

Guest Snowflake
tible bolts in the first place - and then got really insulting in his responses.

You can check out the sordid details at http://vfrworld.com/forums/gear-accessorie...ed-mirrors.html

I think you mean this link instead... Your copy and paste was for a shortened link that doesn't go anywhere. Thanks for the heads-up, though, I like these mirrors a lot better than the GSXR + machined base option, but will think more on it before dropping any coin.

Am I correct that you were able to make them work, with alternate mounting hardware? Does it still look acceptable?