something different

Guest hanko406

Guest hanko406

gallery_3566_1203_203743.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

DSC00001.JPG

what do you guys think? i havent seen many vfr's w/polished frames i think it came out pretty good.

also, rim mod's are a hot topic, this was a pretty easy way of going about it. i also did the swing arm and hub.

DSC00001.JPG

what do you guys think? i havent seen many vfr's w/polished frames i think it came out pretty good.

also, rim mod's are a hot topic, this was a pretty easy way of going about it. i also did the swing arm and hub.

Check-out my gallery, did the frame, swingarm, full rims, chain guard, et al on the '02 before I even brought it home. I like it, some folks on the forum think it's a bit much but frankly until they've seen the bike in the flesh it's hard to tell. Suits the VFR much better than other sport bikes and the bling factor is not to much. I did it 'cause I hated the black wheels and once started just kept going.

I like yours with the black too but I must say I'm a red guy...

DSC00001.JPG

That looks great! :warranty: Did you tint the lights yourself, or have a shop do them? I treated one of my old cars with that trick by mixing color w/ clear and dusting a couple coats on the lenses. I'm also a huge fan of polished wheel lips, and polished aluminum in general. Here's a pic of my F4i from a show it won last summer, I have done all the custom work/parts except the paint, and all the shiny stuff is aluminum; click for high-res:

th_August212005024.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

Guest hanko406

i had a shop paint the lenses, they used a black candy paint and it came out great. they have done it on a few different colors and all look pretty sweet. i was worried that they wouldn't be very visible but once the light lights up they are pretty close to stock brightness. the taillight looks especially good b/c the turn signals don't have and thing on until you hit the signal other wise it looks totally black.

i had a shop paint the lenses, they used a black candy paint and it came out great. they have done it on a few different colors and all look pretty sweet. i was worried that they wouldn't be very visible but once the light lights up they are pretty close to stock brightness. the taillight looks especially good b/c the turn signals don't have and thing on until you hit the signal other wise it looks totally black.

More pics please!! :D

Guest hanko406

has anyone seen a black bike like mine with totally polished wheels? i think it would look good but im hesitant to get rid of the black on black.

• Member Contributer
has anyone seen a black bike like mine with totally polished wheels? i think it would look good but im hesitant to get rid of the black on black.

I don't know that I've seen one but I bet it would look good. Of course you can't go wrong with asphalt any way you go. My thoughts are if you're gonna polish a few things might as well keep it consistent and do it all.

What pipes do you have?

Guest mark vfr

VERY VERY NICE CANT WAIT TO DO MINE

WAS IT HARD TO STRIP/POLISH THE SWING ARM?

WHAT ABOUT THE FRAME DID IT YOUR SELF?

AND HOW? I HAVE A 98 PRETTY MUCH THE

SAME FRAME I BELIEVE

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT

Guest hanko406

i did all the polishing myself. it wasn't easy though. it took total about 12 hours of sanding and polishing but it came out to a mirror finish. i used a 3 inch 3m velcro disk called "hookit" its available at most paint and body supply shops i would assume. i started with 180, then 320, 600,800,1000 grits. i just used a mothers polish after that. i just did the parts of the frame that would be visible. no sense to take off the paint where you couldn't see it. i had to remove my side panels to really get at all of it. the rough forged areas really took a while to sand down all of the pores. i also spent a while grinding down the welds. the swing arm was equally time consuming. i guy could really do a good job if he took it off the bike and did all the cracks and both sides but i just didn't feel that ambitious. he supplies were kind of spendy, about 8 bucks for everything but i've got a lot of sanding disc's left over for other projects. really a pretty good system. i didn't have to use any chemicals even on the wheels.

the mothers polish really works well to polish and protect, highly recommended.

• Member Contributer

You might want to look into something that will last longer than the typical metal polish. I have not used it myself but, I have heard good things about Zoop Seal. I don't believe they will give you hard numbers on their website but, I have heard it can last up to 2 years.

http://www.zoopseal.com/zoopseal.asp

Guest SagaciousDupe

Looks awesome! Not over-done and looks very clean. Like the style! Definitely like to see more pics too.

Here is another company that makes all sorts of painting, polishing and protecting things. I've read a lot of good reviews about their products, and a few old school 'hot rod' friends have told me their stuff works as advertised. Search around in there, they make a couple of different solutions to permanently protect polished metals. A little pricy, but you get what you pay for.

http://www.por15.com/

Guest hanko406
You might want to look into something that will last longer than the typical metal polish.  I have not used it myself but, I have heard good things about Zoop Seal.  I don't believe they will give you hard numbers on their website but, I have heard it can last up to 2 years.

http://www.zoopseal.com/zoopseal.asp

that looks like pretty good stuff. would be interesting to hear some first hand accounts of how well the stuff really works

Archived