DSC00008.JPG

gallery_3566_1203_555968.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

DSC00007.JPG

gallery_3566_1203_7542.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

DSC00005.JPG

gallery_3566_1203_113589.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

DSC00004.JPG

that pretty much covers it

i didnt know if i would like the mirror stems polished or if thy would look out of place but i think i like em...

the black out on the lights looks really dim in the picture. i assure you its brighter than it looks. it looks stealth but i still want people to see me.

• Member Contributer
that pretty much covers it

i didnt know if i would like the mirror stems polished or if thy would look out of place but i think i like em... 

the black out on the lights looks really dim in the picture. i assure you its brighter than it looks. it looks stealth but i still want people to see me.

So where are the pics of the swingarm and hub?

Looks awesome BTW; I don't think I have ever seen a polished frame that I thought looked good before this one. :thumbsup: Usually what I see are bikes with extended swingarms and every piece of metal on the bike polished or chromed and 2 inch chicken strips.

Guest hanko406
Your's is one of the sharpest I've seen.

How did you polish the "lips" or edges of the rims and keep a sharp edge on the paint you left behind?

skills B)

no, i actually didn't tape it off at all i just was really careful with the sanding wheel. kept it level and pressed into the edge

• Member Contributer

Those blackened lights make the bike look really scary. Darth Vader would be proud of you. Very special effect. Like the rims particularly as well.

no, i actually didn't tape it off at all i just was really careful with the sanding wheel. kept it level and pressed into the edge

OK Hanko, now I really need your help. I bought a Dremel tool today, but I'm afraid to touch the wheel. There's no way to test without leaving a mark I may regret. What did you use? How did you control it so you only took the paint and left the aluminum below slick? Any help or advice you could give me would be great.

you need to get some aircraft paint remover for the auto store, tape off the area you want to keep painted,then put the remover on let it sit for a few wash it off then if theres any paint left use 0000 steel wool to remove it, then get some polish and polish away, if there are deep dents in the metal take #600 sand paper to smooth, repeat till you get to #2000 sand paper then polish like heck again it will be beutiful, ive done this on three bikes it comes out great just make sure you tape it good, no need for a dremel

you need to get some aircraft paint remover for the auto store, tape off the area you want to keep painted,then put the remover on let it sit for a few wash it off then if theres any paint left use 0000 steel wool to remove it, then get some polish and polish away, if there are deep dents in the metal take #600 sand paper to smooth, repeat till you get to #2000 sand paper then polish like heck again it will be beutiful, ive done this on three bikes it comes out great just make sure you tape it good, no need for a dremel

^^What he said, although I did use a tapered felt bob with buffing compound on my wheel edges when I did my F4i, they are like mirrors now. wink.gif

Archived