Ingenious new piece of luggage I found

kwb377

• Member Contributer

hahaahaha...InstantTyreGoop....

I would just assume that with these CraaaaaaZZy squidly type guys on this forum, that you could pretty much roll up to a VFR meet and just start peeling layers of this ever so eminent rubber off the pavement.... you know, with all the burnouts going on.... I think the last meet was designated a pollution advisory for the thick and smoggy environment...

:beer:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would just assume that with these CraaaaaaZZy squidly type guys on this forum, that you could pretty much roll up to a VFR meet and just start peeling layers of this ever so eminent  rubber off the pavement....

Never been on a VFR meet ride. Nearest I've got to that is a Honda demo day, where there were several VFRs available for thrashing around the racetrack.

But I know someone who did a burnout on his newish Aprilia RSV-R, when he was at a party and got a bit carried away. The reinforcing in the tyre (when it disintegrated) scratched his swingarm up, which quickly persuaded him it was a dumb idea.

Perhaps I should've emailed him:

"Oh dear, so sad, too bad, please mail me some of your eminent tyre rubber."

• Member Contributer

Now for the much anticipated, eagerly awaited pics (I think I've posted more pics here than most do in a how-to tech post :D )

key inserted...

54624462.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

54624463.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

54624464.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

bag mounting to triple clamp...

54624465.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

bag turned around...no go.

54624466.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

• Member Contributer

How did you place your order for this? I was on their site, found no ordering information, just phone numbers for various warehouses. I called my nearest one and was told they're only for dealers.

• Member Contributer
How did you place your order for this?  I was on their site, found no ordering information, just phone numbers for various warehouses.  I called my nearest one and was told they're only for dealers.

I'm wondering the same thing. I sent an email to them via their "contact" list, and haven't heard a thing back.

I got the impression that KWB got his through a local dealer , but I'd never seen these out here nor ever heard of this stuff.

So, ?

Seems like they'd want to sell their products?

• Member Contributer
How did you place your order for this?  I was on their site, found no ordering information, just phone numbers for various warehouses.  I called my nearest one and was told they're only for dealers.

His original post says that he found it at his local dealer.

• Member Contributer

OK, sorry I didnt read his first post close enough. As it turns out, I just called my buddy in the parts dept at my Honda dealer. Conincidentally, just this past friday they were given a short presentation of that new line of Rapid Transit products, which is carried through one of their usual suppliers. He ordered me the 833 bag for the retail price of $19.99. I was also looking through Rapid Transit's site, and they appear to have some very nice stuff and good ideas. I'm also considering their Recon 19 tank bag, as I'm looking for something a little larger for longer rides, while still incorporating music and phone storage areas. Even has a place for a water bladder!

• Member Contributer
OK, sorry I didnt read his first post close enough.  As it turns out, I just called my buddy in the parts dept at my Honda dealer.  Conincidentally, just this past friday they were given a short presentation of that new line of Rapid Transit products, which is carried through one of their usual suppliers.  He ordered me the 833 bag for the retail price of $19.99.  I was also looking through Rapid Transit's site, and they appear to have some very nice stuff and good ideas.  I'm also considering their Recon 19 tank bag, as I'm looking for something a little larger for longer rides, while still incorporating music and phone storage areas.  Even has a place for a water bladder!

Hey Adam,

Can you post the info for your dealer in case we can't find anyone out here to be able to order through?

Thanks

They do look to have some smart and innovative stuff B)

• Member Contributer

• Member Contributer

Thanks again my friend B)

I ordered from Bike Bandit as they're down here in San Diego...their price was $17.99 and I got an AMA member discount so I saved a bit more.

Ordered the Pazzo's too :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Thanks again my friend B)

I ordered from Bike Bandit as they're down here in San Diego...their price was $17.99 and I got an AMA member discount so I saved a bit more.

Ordered the Pazzo's too :thumbsup:

Glad to help and congrats on the levers!!

Guest kerplode

Oh man...This is too cool. I gotta get one for the Duc!

I don't carry anything in my pockets when I ride. I learned that lesson the hard way. I crashed on a garage door opener once and nearly fractured my sternum. It took a couple weeks before I could breathe without pain.

• Member Contributer

Some of that stuff is a dead ringer for the Joe Rocket line. Don't know how it'd compare with price and construction though.

• Member Contributer

For anyone locally that's looking for their stuff, I picked it up at Big #1 Yamaha/Suzuki on W. Valley Ave. in Homewood, AL.

I went riding today and stopped in K.C.'s Powersports in Huntsville, AL and they had a big display of RT stuff. Looks like it might be catching on...I've never seen it before, but their stuff looks good (material and construction wise). :thumbsup:

I don't have any JR luggage to compare it to, but it's at least as good as my Nelson-Rigg stuff (maybe better).

• Member Contributer

Mine finally came in last night. There was supposedly a bit of a backorder on them, but it only slowed the arrival up by a day or so. I got it from my local dealer, which is Cedar Creek Motorsports in Cedarburg, WI. They are not stocking them yet, but are available to them. Phone # is 262-377-5700, and ask for Pat in the parts department.

It fits very securely on my '02, and is slightly scrunched between the tops of the forks. Probably the best $20 I've spent yet...

• 2 months later...

I got mine and tried putting it on but it won't work with my bar risers.... Oh well, I guess, I was thinking of taking them off this year anyway so maybe this is enough reason to try it without them. I rode a buddies 2000 without bar risers and was much more comfortable plus the turn-in was great compared to mine without. So maybe later in the season I may sell them off, who knows..... Might sell off the bag instead just have to wait and see which way I like it better I guess.

BTW, Joe Rocket actually make Rapid Transit products so the quality and make is the same really.

• Member Contributer

The 833 seems a bit larger at 6"(L) x 3"(W) x 3"(D), while the 539 seems a bit smaller at 4"(L) x 2"(W) x 2"(D) which allows it to fit inside the risers.

I have a tank bag, but it is sometimes more than I need to carry when I'm out for a swift run dragging my knee around the local loop. I'm going to give the 539 a go.

New Enough has them at a discount price of $13 (14.95 retail). They also have the 833 for $18 ($19.99 retail).

http://www.newenoughhp.com/joe_rocket_rapi...ee_bag_page.htm

Thanks for the tip. This is exactly what I've been looking for.

• Member Contributer
BTW, Joe Rocket actually make Rapid Transit products so the quality and make is the same really.

I noticed that their Platoon tailbag is identical to my Nelson-Rigg tailbag...I wonder if they outsource to several different manufacturers?

Rapid Transit bag

671_12652.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

Nelson-Rigg bag

exp20010.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

• 2 months later...

If anyone is interested I am willing to part with my Rapid Transit 883 bag. It's never been mounted and tags are still intact. I gave $20 +ship(whatever that was) and don't really want to lose money so..... but....

First to say yai, by PM preferably.

Note: I'm only getting rid of this as I've decided that I really like haveing my GenMar's on and it won't fit between them.

• 7 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I've used their smaller "tree" bag ever since I've had the VFR. Most cycle shops carry Rapid Transit around here................ :thumbsup:

Archived