Ingenious new piece of luggage I found

kwb377

• Member Contributer

Not sure if noone's thought of this before, or if I just haven't seen it. I found this at my local dealer yesterday, and it solved a dilemma I had just the other day. I was going out for a short, local ride and didn't feel like taking the tank bag for just my wallet, phone and keys...and I don't really like tucking them in my jacket pocket (especially keys...I can imagine crashing and landing on a wad of sharp, jagged pieces of metal).

Triple Tree Bag:

http://www.rapid-transit.com/rt/products.cfm?products_id=640

Sort of the same idea as the fork mounted tool bags on cruisers.

medium.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

• Member Contributer

KWB,

That is a good idea not to ride with keys on your person. My wifes purse came out of a backpack at freeway speeds and got run over by a car or semi-truck and when we found it her keys were destroyed. Some were broken in half, others were bent at 90 degree angles. Ever since then I've kept keys in the tankbag rather than pockets. Nice piece of luggage, thanks for sharing!

• Member Contributer

Why don't you just put it in your trunk??

gallery_3048_126_36429.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

tires, chain, sprockets #2

:beer: :goofy: :goofy:

• Member Contributer

cool...thanks for sharing this. I may just have to get me one.

This is the 833 bag right?

I have a BAG question...

Is there room to get your key in the ingnition without it "bulging" the bag from underneath?

From the pictures it looks like there is a slight curve to the upper bag to allow for the key

• Member Contributer
I have a BAG question...

Is there room to get your key in the ingnition without it "bulging" the bag from underneath?

Lob,

Thanks for saving the thread... :D

Yup, the key fits OK (even my ring with the alarm remote, Repsol keychain, and other asst. keys). It takes just about an extra second or two to insert the key because of the angle, but otherwise it's good-to-go. :thumbsup:

The gun argument is like the H-D bashing threads...some people like 'em, some don't. Doesn't do any good arguing over it in a thread here...nobody's gonna change anyone else's mind over the issue here. I say we FIDO...(f&@k it, drive on). :beer:

• Member Contributer
I have a BAG question...

You can see from his third pic, that the ignition is accessible.

• Member Contributer
You can see from his third pic, that the ignition is accessible.

Is it possible to turn the bag 180 degrees, would it clear the ignition, I have a gut feeling it might work better.

Rich A

• Member Contributer
Is it possible to turn the bag 180 degrees, would it clear the ignition, I have a gut feeling it might work better.

The shape of the bag is so that the circular "cut-out" at the top allows access to the ignition, but I'll flip it around and get a pic for comparison (never know 'til I try, it might work better).

The bag is not flat against the top clamp on the VFR like it was on the bike at the dealer for display...either a 'Busa or a GSXR 1k (can't remember)...the Suzuki had a much wider top clamp. Mine actually rests on the clip ons, with the straps looping under the top clamp and velcroed tight.

• Member Contributer

It looks as if on Kevin's pics that with the velcro method he has pictured, the curved Upper part of the bag is spaced farther down so that it allows for the ignition space. If turned 180, I assume the flat bottom area will be shoved up and over the ignition... Or, very close to...

If that doesn't make sense, maybe this will....

It looks as if the velcro straps are placed a bit forward on the bottom of the bag so that enables the curved surface to sit farther "South" on the triple... :beer:

Only pics will tell..

Well, personally, I think this is a dumb idea.

I've got lotsa pockets on my jacket and pants, and I stick all kinds of stuff in them: keys, garage door opener, cellphone, camera, wallet, pen, earplugs, spare ear plugs, spare change, handkerchief, cloth for wiping visor, allen key for whipping the spud outta the Satantune, tyre pressure gauge, tire pressure gage (for when I'm in a kuntry wear the sittyzens karnt spel), spare engine, 4 litre pack of oil, spare erl filter, spare bulbs, fuses, sleeping bag, tent...

• Member Contributer
Well, personally, I think this is a dumb idea.

I've got lotsa pockets on my jacket and pants, and I stick all kinds of stuff in them: keys, garage door opener, cellphone, camera, wallet, pen, earplugs, spare ear plugs, spare change, handkerchief, cloth for wiping visor, allen key for whipping the spud outta the Satantune, tyre pressure gauge, tire pressure gage (for when I'm in a kuntry wear the sittyzens karnt spel), spare engine, 4 litre pack of oil, spare erl filter, spare bulbs, fuses, sleeping bag, tent...

BUt, the question isn't how much you already carry with you, it's how much MORE you can carry... So, in conclusion, you may have a buncha stuff, BUT, do you have a six pack for when you pick up that unwanted nail in the road while you sit and wait on your ride to come pick you up, since you failed to pack your tire plug kit??

:beer:

BUt, the question isn't how much you already carry with you, it's how much MORE you can carry...  So, in conclusion, you may have a buncha stuff, BUT, do you have a six pack for when you pick up that unwanted nail in the road while you sit and wait on your ride to come pick you up, since you failed to pack your tire plug kit?? 

:goofy:

+1.gif

BUt, the question isn't how much you already carry with you, it's how much MORE you can carry...  So, in conclusion, you may have a buncha stuff, BUT, do you have a six pack for when you pick up that unwanted nail in the road while you sit and wait on your ride to come pick you up, since you failed to pack your tire plug kit?? 

:beer:

Ah - but I also have a Motoline expandable tank bag, and two zip-together Ventura packs, a bumbag ('fanny pack') and backpack, so there's plenty of room to carry all sorts of crapola.

• Member Contributer
Ah - but I also have a Motoline expandable tank bag, and two zip-together Ventura packs, a bumbag ('fanny pack') and backpack, so there's plenty of room to carry all sorts of crapola.

What about a tire bag... to keep all your worn tire fragments so you can melt them together and piece your tire back together??

More enzed More!! :salesman:

What about a tire bag... to keep all your worn tire fragments so you can melt them together and piece your tire back together??

More enzed More!!   

Cripes (criminy)!!

I can see I'm gonna have to get a trailer. :beer:

Unfortunately, my last experience of towing a trailer was not good. Way back when I was a professional sheep shagger (and therefore an honorary Australian), I used to work on a farm. Of course I rode about the only Honda there - a crappy XL125S, fitted with a tow-hitch. But the damned sheep conspired to run to the back of the trailer unless you hog-tied them (or is that "sheep-tied"??). Then of course it was either massive wheelies (complete with sitting on the tank to keep the front tyre on the ground), or massive wheelspin as the back wheel floated just above Mother Earth.

I much prefered to tow the dead sheeep: a bit of baling twine around a hock, then tow them sans trailer. Most of the time you arrived at The Hole with most of the sheep... :goofy:

As for the tyre fragments - at a pinch I can just scrape them off the road, or from the underside of the back fender. Then I use the HandyDandyBlowtorchFeature which bypasses raw gas into the rear headers to heat them into InstantTyreGoop

Archived