Minor Off

Skids

• Member Contributer

What a muppet!

Pulling out of a t-junction on the Crossrunner this morning, no traffic around, bike just starting to move and I clearly didn't feed her enough revs and she stalls. Was already steering right so big judder as bike stops and over she goes. I stuck my leg out to try and stop her but no chance.

Minor damage, the Givi crash bars saved £000's of damage, scratches on the bars, top box and mirror. A m8 came and rode her home so she's in my garage. Meanwhile I was in an ambulance with a torn hamstring.

Could be worse, Moto GP and European Champions Cup rugby quarter finals this weekend and the doc said I have to take it easy, keep my leg elevated!  :beer:

What a muppet though!

• Sad 2

• Member Contributer

Bad luck mate. A rather sore Muppet (your words not mine) I suspect. Lucky no major damage other than a slightly bent ego, but hey many of us have been there or just scraped through. I do recall that these V4s seem impossibly heavy once you've tipped beyond about 30 degrees. Hope the aches and pains ease quickly.

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

Ride for any length of time, and you will have a Muppet. If you ride and have not had one, rest assured, your Muppet Moment is coming. Wouldn't be to hard on your self.

The bike sounds fine, obviously you planned well to have Givi bars for just such an occasion.

The torn hamstring and you leaving in an ambulance is worrying though. I hope its not a bad as it sounds.

Instinct is a hard thing to overcome. In 2007 I lost my bike in a left hand corner and stuck my foot down. Broke every bone in my ankle and dislocated my foot a bit more than 90 degrees. 3 surgeries and lots of Titanium got my foot pointing in the right direction, but the soft tissue injuries plague me to this day.  Whatever the Dr. and Physical Therapist says to do, do it.  I hope you have a speedy recovery mate.

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

Thanks guys. Sore but crutches help. My son is a physiotherapist too, do that's handy.

• Sad 1

I hope you got your off out of the way now and glad that it was minor.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Hi Skids.

That's a real bummer m8. I feel your pain! Yep that horrible point of no return, trying desperately to recover it or at least lay it down gracefully.

I remember years ago doing damage to my leg femoral nerve by saving a topple over, the bike back upright without hitting the deck, but bloody hell, the resulting nerve damage was painful for weeks.

You're definitely No "Muppet" m8, shit happens!. Given my weight at the moment I feel a little bit Miss Piggy ish!

Hope you and the bike are mended ASAP.

Take Care.:fing02:

Cheers.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, Skids said:

bike just starting to move and I clearly didn't feed her enough revs and she stalls

Glad to hear it wasn't a more serious injury. Even better that you'll have the Texas MotoGP to distract you.

• Like 1