• Forum CEO

Well folks, the well has dried up on me.  I ran out of funds 2 months ago and have been paying out of pocket to keep this place funded.  I must admit I have not logged in regularly but I do log in to fix things when I see them or get notifications for.

Fact is in the last 2 years donations have not met our budget goals.  I had some surpluses from the previous years I just kept in the paypal account and that I just saved. Last year I moved the server to a cheaper service and saved $900 buck for the year so I budgeted accordingly.  I only met 77% of the budget in donations and used up all the surplus to fund the rest.

So far this year my records show only 2 made as of the start of the year!  the goal is 2K $$ to keep this place funded for the year. I have a zero balance in the paypal account as of 2 month ago.  I love vfrd but its too expensive for me to fund on my own.

All the records can be found here 

https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/donate/goals/&page=2

If you still find this place of value to you please help out. Jeez I hate sounding like National public radio, or Public TV but this place have never had adverts and has always relied on member donations.  Thanks

Donate here

Miguel  (AKA Hispanic Slammer)

image.png

I don't even have a VFR anymore, but I still visit VFRD most days, just to see what's going on.  Plus it's entirely possible I'll own another VFR someday, and this forum is absolutely a treasure for everything VFR-related.  Anyway, I always got far more out of this forum than I put into it, and I'm sure I am not alone, so I'm happy to help out again.

Thanks for letting us know we need to pitch in again, HS.  Hopefully we can fill the well again quickly!  🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

Hi Miguel, when some time back you said you were thinking of jacking VFRD in we all undertook to ensure it was properly supported. I stand by that and I bet others do too.

Let's see how the funding goes with the first response to your request. If it's not enough don't feel embarrassed to ask again. As many have said before, this site is just too valuable to lose. Thanks again for your fantastic effort!

• Like 3

• Member Contributer

Miguel... I will do whatever I can to help keep this place going.... Please ask away for ANY help!

I am sure others feel the same way.

• Like 4

• Forum CEO

Well thanks everyone who kicked in these last two days I was able to renew the software license that expired and thus upgrade to the latest security update. 

Thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• Member Contributer

Thank YOU boss 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

This site is pretty great. Thank you. 

I normally donate in December. Is there a better way for you? 

I'm sure that you've thought of all of this, but have you considered charging to join? 100 people at $25/each would cover expenses, using what I think you typed above. We have a lot more than 100 active members, don't we? Like everyone, I love free things, but am also happy to contribute to something worthwhile, like this site. 

Thanks again. 

• Member Contributer

Really appreciate all the work you do to keep this place open. It was a big part of my early motorcycle times. Helping pay the bills is the least I can do.