The Ultimate VFR800...

SEBSPEED

5 hours ago, Presson said:

Great fun, hard on the knuckles though 😁

I forgot to mention, that's an old pair of Icon gloves that have titanium knuckle plates. I was trying to get a pic with sparks coming off my knuckles & knees. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

At least you get to wear out the sides of tires.  Very few decent curves where I live, so my tires always get squared off and worn to the cords before I can even try wearing the edges off!

3 hours ago, TimC said:

At least you get to wear out the sides of tires.  Very few decent curves where I live, so my tires always get squared off and worn to the cords before I can even try wearing the edges off!

I wish I was able to do that at home... I put that tire on right before heading to Tennessee for a week. I was halfway into the wear bars at 800-ish miles, and the left outer edge sipes disappeared at just over 1000mi. 

They were very, very fun miles... 😀 

20230815_212204.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 months later...

Hi to all 

@SEBSPEED Great work on your bike, what an inspiration.

I am currently looking at purchasing a crashed 2002 V-tech. The problem the bike needs a massive amount of work.

My idea is to turn the bike into a streetfighter with USD forks & radial disk brakes. problem is I can't decide on what front end to use. R1, CBR1000/600 or even the 2014 VFR. 

1) What front end would you suggest? I am finding it hard to find forks that are roughly the same length as the stock forks.

2) The 2014 VFR has an awesome looking rear wheel, but is a five stud design. Is the rear hub assembly compatible with the 6gen swing arm?

3) Will the 8gen rear subframe fit the 6gen fame? 

@SEBSPEED How much do you charge for those clear clutch cover modifications? Do you supply the cover or do you require the one from the bike it self?

Can you/do you still supply VFRD exhaust & what do you charge?

And lastly the triple clamp you made for this project, What do you charge?

Any suggestions or ideas would be very helpful.

The project.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have something in the works for next season. Fabrication of a handful of prototypes is done, and I hope to have test results to share soon. 

If nothing else, we have some eye candy 🙂

large.20231129_174351.jpg.7142dd2d3b3731

large.20231129_181515.jpg.45040188903657

large.20231204_125911.jpg.7f57b91ed66864

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mohawk said:

😂😂 Aha achieved the same with an adjustable length shock !  
🎅Merry Xmas 🎅

Similar, but I can accomplish more chassis correction with the link. A lengthened shock will interfere with the standard link before reaching the values I have with my link. 

I have to hold my cards close for now. A couple of my test riders are members here and testing is not yet complete. I'm soliciting unbiased results before releasing full info.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Looks the same to me. Make shock longer raises rear end by changing the swingarm angle. A shorter dogbone changes the leverage ratio & may/may not dictate a change in spring rate. IIRC from the excellent Suspension Smith shorter tie bars reduces required spring rate. So if your test riders report harsher rear end, it will likely be over sprung due to the leverage change.  
Mine is over 2" higher at the rear. Shorter links are usually only used if you want more ride height & don't have an adjustable length shock or one without enough adjustment to suit your needs. 

• Member Contributer

It may also be useful to weigh the bike with a scale under the front wheel and another under the back. It'll give you an idea if you're near 50/50.