Dream ride video: may be VFRD in ohio someday?

This was the dream ride we put together, inspite of bad weather forecast half of the expected count showed up. While doing this i was wondering may be some day VFRD will decide to visit ohio, many many beautiful roads here to take advantage of. And stay in some amish area with good home meals and then ride around.

some day i will be able to make it out for the VFRD event and then hopefully make an even better video for us

• Member Contributer

Looks like a good gang. Still a fair sized group of riders.

Most of ohio still doesn't have too much to offer as far as technical roads. I haven't found anything really worthwhile within a 2hr radius of cleveland. We have some nice easy cruising roads, but nothing to really challenge your riding ability. And what there is, it's 1 or 2 turns long. South of 70 looks better, but might as well make a run to the border if you're coming all the way north.

True nothing up north, every thing is down south, very nice roads and lots of technical stuff as well

As you said all below 70 and o. Either side of 77 a mix of different terrains

We took our ride over there

• Member Contributer

Ninjadoc - thanks for the vid - I swear you have a second career in the works there.

--I'll have to catch up for a ride next season.

Looks like fun! Kinda the same over here in Indiana.....have to be an hour south of Indy for anything resembling fun twisties :) I'll have to get over to "the good side" of ohio next year.

BTW - What was that huge basket at 2:08???? A freakily obsessed basket collectors house or something? Weird.

Ninjadoc - thanks for the vid - I swear you have a second career in the works there.

--I'll have to catch up for a ride next season.

Thx melloe dude, really at least the ohio chapter of VFR should get together someday,

hopefully we can meet for next years dream ride

Looks like fun! Kinda the same over here in Indiana.....have to be an hour south of Indy for anything resembling fun twisties :) I'll have to get over to "the good side" of ohio next year.

BTW - What was that huge basket at 2:08???? A freakily obsessed basket collectors house or something? Weird.

sure you have to come and see the better side, wouldnt be dissapointed.

and the basket is this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Longaberger_Company

• Forum CEO

What is that saying in the movie "Build it and they will come" - vfrd is pretty loose group of local folks who put on their own events and hopefully more people come as the years go by - thats how Tmac started, thats how the Catskills ride started, it just takes somebody willing to do some leg work to put the thing together. Some events flounder, some get bigger, some just keep plugging away.

Looks like a good gang. Still a fair sized group of riders.

Most of ohio still doesn't have too much to offer as far as technical roads. I haven't found anything really worthwhile within a 2hr radius of cleveland. We have some nice easy cruising roads, but nothing to really challenge your riding ability. And what there is, it's 1 or 2 turns long. South of 70 looks better, but might as well make a run to the border if you're coming all the way north.

If you want challenging twisty roads get yourself south of Cambridge (OH) You won't be out of third gear for several days.

• Member Contributer

If you want challenging twisty roads get yourself south of Cambridge (OH) You won't be out of third gear for several days.

Yeah. Have been hoping for time and weather to spend a day or weekend to go explore down there, but never got the time. Rt 26 was one of the roads I was looking at too.

Put it together. There are a couple of us over here in the Indy area that will come over. I've always heard there were good roads over in that part of the state but have been hesitant to burn a weekend to just explore.

VFRD has BEEN in Ohio for a long time. . . I was forced to hold down the Toledo contingent for a long time. Hell, I had to go north to Michigan to find some people from here to ride with! Just saying, northern Ohio is not the place to find VFRD members. If you can set up something on a weekend before it snows, I'll be there! I know a couple other members over that direction too. . .

man, i wish i knew this much interest was there even before, may be its too late for this season. I personally know around 5-6 VFR right around northeast who i ride with most often. the possible weekend i see is the next weekend which might be too early

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw this Doc, I am game for a big ride next year for sure.

"I was in the fast group in the video but my cam chain tensioners were bad so I borrowed a friends ninja 636"

• Member Contributer

Just for a heads up - I follow a Valkyrie forum for my other style of riding. They are having an Ohio meet based in Cambridge and will take over SE Ohio for multple day trips - June 18 to June 23. Um, might want to avoid those dates. I havent riden with any of them, but most are "touring" style riders. Dont wanna get caught in a crowd of a couple hundred graybeard Valkyrie "thrashers." :laugh:

Archived