Picked up the new bike today!

tom.gessner

19 hours ago, tom.gessner said:

Unfortunately, no direct references to the year the bike fell off the production line.

If anyone is able to decipher the VIN plate, here is a picture:

b6d78521e19ed3ba40922aace0bd3184.jpg

As I understand it this is how Euro VIN codes are worked out, US are different...

VIN character explanation   J = manufactured in Japan (actually in Japan, not assembled somewhere else like Thailand or Italy)

H = manufacturer code for Honda Japan

2 = motorcycle (not lawnmower or quad bike, etc)

RC79 = model code for 8th gen

A = version code for 2014 Euro version of VFR800FE

9 = algorithm-calculated check digit

E = code for year of manufacture 2014

K = manufacturing plant code for Kumamoto, Japan (I believe all 8th gen VFRs are built there)

003047 = manufacturer's serial number in range for year

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

unfortunately I think I'll have little use for them in Florida 

{jealousy mode on} Happy to trade heated grips with living in Florida {jealousy mode off}

Thanks for the comments on the T509! The best is yet to come ... I hope: PVM wheels, Matris cartridge, DLC-coated stanchions.

• Member Contributer
On 11/19/2016 at 9:41 AM, DriverDave said:

While I agree in changing the exhaust, it is certainly not very heavy.  It only weighs about 10 lbs and most aftermarket cans are maybe half that....a savings of only 5 lbs.  The main reason to change the exhaust on the 8th gen is sound and looks.

But, but, but think of all the races you, Tom, et al could win at the pub!

Add a set of USD forks and y'all would be UNBEATABLE!

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, tom.gessner said:

{jealousy mode on} Happy to trade heated grips with living in Florida {jealousy mode off}

Thanks for the comments on the T509! The best is yet to come ... I hope: PVM wheels, Matris cartridge, DLC-coated stanchions.

It's too hot and crowded here - I think I would prefer living in Germany by the Alps with an autobahn nearby.  Sadly, the closest my VFR will ever get to the autobahn is the parking lot at EPCOT's Germany pavilion - this honeymoon video is NOT mine - lol

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

It's too hot and crowded here - I think I would prefer living in Germany by the Alps with an autobahn nearby.  Sadly, the closest my VFR will ever get to the autobahn is the parking lot at EPCOT's Germany pavilion - this honeymoon video is NOT mine - lol

Germany is crowded as well.  There's a line of cars going to the mountains on weekends and holidays and the Autobahn has little "wide open" speed areas left.  Europe in general is very crowded compared to the open spaces of "America getting great again".  

• Member Contributer

Well.  my "man in Riga" did point out some nice stretches for sure....

The P4 (Suntazi-Kelpene-Ergj) could -and was taken- at silly speeds.....   Knowing the speed cameras only "face you" did help...

And thanks to EU funding, tarmac was like a pool table....

P8121049.JPG

Big skies too...

(redslut recorded 218kmh here....)

P8121063.JPG

"Nordics rule OK"

back2.jpg

Archived