New Member to VFRD from California

nurb

Hello,

Im 16 years old from Los Angeles and purchased my 1996 VFR 750 a month ago and decided to join this forum to get ideas for suspension and other repairs as I am doing them myself with the help of a local mechanic. This seems like a big community of VFR lovers and I am hoping to get acquainted quickly with the forum. Once again, Hello everyone.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from the Netherlands!

16 years old = <50cc displacement only here... 

Be safe, wear ATGATT and get qualified training son :-). Our son is 16 too...

• Member Contributer

I wrecked my first car within 5 days at age 16, kinda glad I waited until late 20s to ride.

Ride safe (defensively), don't overestimate your skills, and please wear real gear. Don't get influenced by the numbskulls in shorts and Icon armor.

That being said, let's see a picture of your VFR!

dont worry tanner ive been a motorsport fan since i was 7 years old and have basically never missed a wsbk or motogp race haha. i have a real disliking for those street rossi icon armor im gonna drag knee at 25 mph guys ;) . personally i really dont even like scaring the shit out of myself thats why i like the vfr because it sounds soooooo good. Also its in the middle of being torn down by me but ill put some pics up very soon . 

its mostly together now except for the front fenders because i will be doing a front fork rebuild soon. This picture is probably 3 weeks old. Will probably get a up to date picture tomorrow.

• Member Contributer

Nurb, welcome.
Although not a VFR owner I've rekindled my love for the VF750f. It's been said, and I fully agree, once you're hooked on that V4 sound it's unlikely you'll change or you'll end up coming back to it.
Glad to see you getting your hands dirty...
Craig

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Yup you could probably never go back to an inline engine haha and getting my hands pretty dirty as i have already changed all fluids and removed the carburetors for cleaning and disassembly. My next job is front forks because there just like jello.    

Welcome from down under nurb, you've chosen wisely for your first bike even if where I'm from you wouldn't allowed to but hell the V4 is a very forgiving engine for a beginner. Obvious advice is obvious, wear the gear, don't be twat and that bike will be good to you for a long time to come.

I mean im glad im not a beginner with no concept of riding or racing whatsoever and yes i wear gear all the time. im gonna baby it almost too much i think haha thanks blazerdman :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Welcome!  Sounds like you've got your @#$% together. I had to wait till I was 50 before I had mine together but it was certainly worth the wait!

Archived