PGM-FI PINOUT BOX TROUBLE SHOOTING MANUAL

Fritzer

• Member Contributer

Does anyone have the Honda Pgm-FI trouble shooting manual in digital pdf format?  I just purchased a pin out box with harness and the troubleshooting manual would be a nice addition in dealing with fuel injection problems in the future.  

If anyone in the Portland, Oregon area is in need of the pin out box for diagnostics, let me know.  

• Member Contributer

Thanks Terry but the link led to the shop manual.  The Pgm-FI trouble shooting manual is a separate manual.  I will look through dropbox and see if I can find it there.

• Member Contributer

Section 5 Fuel System in the service manual contains a lot of info on the PGM FI system including fault diagnosis and use of the test pin box.

• Member Contributer
On 01/06/2016 at 6:37 AM, Fritzer said:

Does anyone have the Honda Pgm-FI trouble shooting manual in digital pdf format?  I just purchased a pin out box with harness and the troubleshooting manual would be a nice addition in dealing with fuel injection problems in the future.  

If anyone in the Portland, Oregon area is in need of the pin out box for diagnostics, let me know.  

Are you sure such a thing exists?  Honda publications generally have part numbers, so if you ever see one in the flesh, note the part number on the back and maybe it can be found.  However, I have not heard of this manual.  Let us know if you find one!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

There is a Honda Pinout box diagnostics manual and noticed that there are  3 or 4 up for sale on ebay.   I was hoping for a digital version.

I assume this manual would have more detail on diagnostics then the shop manual so I'll go ahead and buy copy.

I'll post a critique of the value of information/manual when I get it.

• Member Contributer

Oh, cool.  I see them on eBay now.  There are a couple for $22, which seems reasonable.  Not as reasonable as .pdf, of course...

How much was the pinout box? 

Cheers,

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Not sure about the pin outs but just found this on an obscure website, probably worth adding to the Library. I suspect the pinouts will in general be common.

VFR VTEC PGM-FI Diagram 2002.pdf

wiring-loom.jpg

I'm assuming you're joking about the "obscure website" thing...OTOH, if there were another source for that diagram (other than me) I would certainly like to know about it!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Not the harness diagram, the PDF with the ECU pinouts was the one I found on an obsure website !

• Member Contributer

Yes, that is the one I meant.  I posted that diagram on VFRD a few years ago, having found it in a Press Information Kit for the 6th gen I had obtained when I was slinking around EICMA or INTERMOT disguised as a legitimate motorcycle journalist! 

What was the obscure website?  Not because I mind that the diagram was (probably) downloaded from here, but because they might have other interesting things to download!

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I paid $250 for the pin out box and harness in the case.  It looks like it has hardly/never been used and am hoping that I don't need to use it either.  However, as the years pass, there will probably be less and less qualified techs with a pin out box to work on my beloved machine.  I felt having a pin out box might be worthwhile and when I am done with riding in another 25 years (I'm 62) I am sure there will be a VFR owner out there that will need the diagnostic equipment.  

And again, if there is someone in the Portland Oregon area that needs the test equipment, let me know.

Archived