Tell Me About Ecu's...

MVinOZ

(I'm new here, apologies if this has been covered or in the wrong section... I searched, but 'ECU' might be too short to show up)

So I need an ECU, I would prefer Non HISS, which countries apart from the states had non HISS ECU's? I have found a cheap-ish one from Holland, but I'm not sure if they are HISS.

I have a 2006 US wiring harness & a 2002 AU, are other years compatible/interchangeable?

Thanks in advance!

• Member Contributer

Kaldek probably knows as much or more about this than anyone. You might search his posts on sorting out his 6th gen's wiring. IIRC he had some 6th gen electrical parts laying about. And not only that, he's in Melbourne too! Try sending him a PM . . .

• Member Contributer

Kaldek probably knows as much or more about this than anyone. You might search his posts on sorting out his 6th gen's wiring. IIRC he had some 6th gen electrical parts laying about. And not only that, he's in Melbourne too! Try sending him a PM . . .

I have a feeling that's where this bike came from.

• Member Contributer

Send me the link to the unit in Holland and I will contact them for you.

I have a gut feeling they are all HISS here.... but nothing ventured......

• Member Contributer

I think everywhere had HISS, except North America. ECUs are called PGM-FI units by Honda.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

2006 and up has different ECM/ECU and the ECM mount in the front fairing stay is different.

I am not sure if the differing ECM means that Honda has different connectors on the two wiring harness.

• Member Contributer

I think everywhere had HISS, except North America. ECUs are called PGM-FI units by Honda.

Ciao,

FYI.
This came from a European media pack, or dealer technical training manual, I think. I wish I had found one of these for the Fi bikes!
Ciao,

Archived