99 VFR800 Power Commander Maps

Does anyone have all the power commander 3 maps for a 98-01 VFR800? Powercommander no longer has them and the downloads section doesn't seem to be working. I'm specifically interested in the Staintune and stock filter maps. 

Thanks. 

Knight, thanks for that! at least I get the Staintune map. :) Powercommander seems to have lost all their maps that are listed on the site for the bike. 

7 minutes ago, 68mustang said:

Well I spoke too soon. If I pull those up in the power commander 3 usb software it's all blank blocks. Any other ideas? 

If you did "OPEN" on a PCII file, it would result in blanks. Select IMPORT and select the same file. Does that help?

5 minutes ago, wera803 said:

Send me an email, I think I have all of them.  superhawk99 (at) hotmail.com

Sent an email! Awmeyer. Thanks. 

Looking at this a little closer, the maps that end in .map are PCii maps. The ones that end in .djm are PCiii maps. I don't see a PCiii map for Staintunes, only a PCii map. I have all of the PCii and PCiii maps (I've had both and kept copies). I also have a couple of custom ones that I have made (not on a dyno though).

wera I got that confirmation from Dynojet as well. I also go that the PC2 maps aren't interchangeable with the PC3 maps :/ That sucks but I guess I'll just run one of the ones meant for the PC3.

So funny story, bought a PC3 used off ebay for a V-tec model, slapped it on and the bike ran perfectly fine with the V-tec map on it. I'll have to get back and see what it was, but it was a European spec map for an 06 model. Slapped the Staintune map on. It runs alright, but I might try swapping back and seeing how it responds. 

After having a similar experience my impression is that fixing the egregious lean areas on this bike takes us 90% of the way there. On another bike it may mean fixing an egregious rich condition. But I do think too many people mistakenly make fuel control out to be rocket science.

• 5 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I bought a PC II (truly a relic) right after I bought my '98 VFR and downloaded a pretty good map (have a Titanium Vance & Hines pipe and a K & N air filter) and it ran much better but I found a map close to my bike's parts and downloaded it and the bike wouldn't even start.  I took the PC off and intended to go back and download the "old" map that worked but just didn't do it and lost now I've lost the connector that hooks the PC to the computer for downloading.  I have 2 questions:  Is it worth keeping this old PC and try to find a proper map or Should I buy a newer version of the PC?  I'd appreciate any help.

DSC00181.JPG

Is it worth keeping this old PC and try to find a proper map or Should I buy a newer version of the PC?  I'd appreciate any help.

Cable is no big deal. Just a USB to mini USB.

Maps are still out there. I have copies of all of the PCII and PCIII maps that were on DynoJet's website at one time. If you can't find them, send me a PM with your email address and I will send them to you. I'd say at least give it a try before spending money on something else.....unless you have money to burn. LOL

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, wera803 said:

Cable is no big deal. Just a USB to mini USB.

Maps are still out there. I have copies of all of the PCII and PCIII maps that were on DynoJet's website at one time. If you can't find them, send me a PM with your email address and I will send them to you. I'd say at least give it a try before spending money on something else.....unless you have money to burn. LOL

Pretty sure he needs USB to RS232 Serial?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:50 PM, thtanner said:

Pretty sure he needs USB to RS232 Serial?

I have the PC2 cable but my laptop doesn't have a RS232 Serial port. Is there a way I can make it work?

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, MysteryRider246 said:

I have the PC2 cable but my laptop doesn't have a RS232 Serial port. Is there a way I can make it work?

Buy a USB to RS232 serial adapter.

My take FWIW,  yea great you got a 5th gen pc3 map,  thing is it's still generic, if you want to take advantage of what the PC3 can do and does,  hit up a dyno.  just saying ;) enjoy. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 0:01 PM, thtanner said:

Buy a USB to RS232 serial adapter.

Thanks thtanner. I've got one on the way.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 4:19 PM, RVFR said:

My take FWIW,  yea great you got a 5th gen pc3 map,  thing is it's still generic, if you want to take advantage of what the PC3 can do and does,  hit up a dyno.  just saying ;) enjoy. 

So does spending the money on Dyno time really net you a drastically better bike then the more generic maps that are out there?

Archived