Gpr Exhaust

FlamingT

Hi guys

Looking for some insight on this item. Am considering buying a nearly new (1 month old) can from ebay. Before I go all in, can anyone advise please if this can will be perfectly ok to run without any other modification.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi mate was going to reply on the other forum, I'm Gaffa22 on there,

I saw a post by Ace but cant remember which thread it was on, but he had a GPR and said the quality was absolute crap

I'd have bought one myself otherwise.

I think I'll go for the Scorpion Serket

well you know what they say buy cheap buy twice, I think the GPR are cheap for a reason

I had a look at the Scorpion Serket at the NEC show and its certainly well made, and better still it does not have a strap so looks much neater

they have attached a bracket milled from billet ali

There's a picture of Ants bike with a scorpion fitted on the other forum here
http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/showthread.php?t=128703

Years back, I had a Fireblade 900 that had a GPR on it.... rattled and sounded like crap. Hanger strap broke and rivets came loose on the band near the end of the can, all within about 3500 miles.

Had Scorpion on my last 3 bikes and just got the Carbon cans for my 2004 VFR800.

Build quality is spot on and never had any issues. Plus their "accidental impact damage" policy is pretty cool too. Used it on my R6 a few years back.

And the Scorpion rep, Stuart, plays a mean bass guitar !!!

• Member Contributer

Thanks Buddy... appreciate your honesty... I don't want to waste my hard earned cash that the Wife is allowing me to spend.!

I know DAM are a bit more expensive but they are superb quality, their customer service is excellent and they make a beauuuuuuuutiful noise as well as smoothing the bike out making it much more pleasant to ride.

And you can always ride over the Belgium to have them fit it for free! Great weekend away to boot!

Just a thought cos I love mine.

• Member Contributer

Thanks Buddy... appreciate your honesty... I don't want to waste my hard earned cash that the Wife is allowing me to spend.!

I know DAM are a bit more expensive but they are superb quality, their customer service is excellent and they make a beauuuuuuuutiful noise as well as smoothing the bike out making it much more pleasant to ride.

And you can always ride over the Belgium to have them fit it for free! Great weekend away to boot!

I didn't see anything on the DAM website but, do they have a recommended interval for repacking the exhaust or is it even estimated to be required. I've got an Arrow exhaust with about 21k miles on it and it seems due for a repack which, I don't really want to be doing every 15 months.

That is soooo tempting to do. I have looked into the DAM and yes, it is more expensive but just on looks alone, could be worth it. I'll be doing more reading up on the options available before I 'pull the trigger'.

I like the GPR's I got shipped from Italy on my 07 Tuono.

Imho look and sound good. Seem to be well made. I have not run up a ton of miles though.

Much smaller and lighter than the stock cans. FWIW. :cheerleader:post-208-0-60495300-1455245480.jpg

• Member Contributer

I didn't see anything on the DAM website but, do they have a recommended interval for repacking the exhaust or is it even estimated to be required. I've got an Arrow exhaust with about 21k miles on it and it seems due for a repack which, I don't really want to be doing every 15 months.

Try e-mailing them. info@damexhaust.com

I've got a DAM on mine too and share Skid's thoughts. Lovely bit of kit, sounds and looks great and they're a great company to deal with.

+1 on the DAM. I've had mine quite some time and it looks like new! Worth the money!

• Member Contributer

Here was their response. Seems no better than the Arrow in terms of retaining its quietness over time I think but, maybe they are suggesting the unit they have tested over time is not the same as some "very special packing".

We already have test done with more than 35000km = +-22000 miles

At that point it could be changed but not necessary, the only thing is that the muffler don’t has his noise absorption like it should be, we measured a loss of 8%, but if you like a little louder bike than there is no problem.

We have designed a very special packing that normally can have a lot more!

• Member Contributer

Here was their response. Seems no better than the Arrow in terms of retaining its quietness over time I think but, maybe they are suggesting the unit they have tested over time is not the same as some "very special packing".

We already have test done with more than 35000km = +-22000 miles

At that point it could be changed but not necessary, the only thing is that the muffler don’t has his noise absorption like it should be, we measured a loss of 8%, but if you like a little louder bike than there is no problem.

We have designed a very special packing that normally can have a lot more!

To me that says the existing packing is "special" and will last a lot longer than 22000 miles. He was just using that as an illustration of the loss of noise suppression vs mileage.

And why don't you want your exhaust to be a bit noisier? Loud cans save lives. :beer:

• 1 month later...

Archived